Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #631
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Pics or it didn't happen.
LOL I didn't happen....but why would you want pics
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #632
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,546
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Andray Blatche?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...imum-whos-left
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #633
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Seriously, Chris Smith was one of the, if not THE, worst players on our SUMMER LEAGUE roster......

Who cares if he's the 15th man, we could've given it to some big guy project or some guy who can provide some depth should guys get injured. Chris Smith is horrendous and he doesn't even have a foundation to improve upon.

Any retard knows this was done solely to make JR happy.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #634
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,031
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Our roster is set and I doubt we would have any use of our 15 th spot anyway
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #635
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,546
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Seriously, Chris Smith was one of the, if not THE, worst players on our SUMMER LEAGUE roster......

Who cares if he's the 15th man, we could've given it to some big guy project or some guy who can provide some depth should guys get injured. Chris Smith is horrendous and he doesn't even have a foundation to improve upon.

Any retard knows this was done solely to make JR happy.

I was upset at first because he clearly didn't deserve a contract. But apparently this move was done so the Knicks can retain his exclusive rights after he gets waived and goes down to our D-League affiliate. Same thing for Chris Copeland, who probably is a longshot to stick on the team for an entire season.

I fully expect Jorts & Jerome Jordan to join those guys on our D-League affiliate in Erie, which is what I had hoped for anyways. Due to NBA rules we can't sign them to a guaranteed contract, but we could call them up from the D-League. So that we keep our roster spots for contributing players & let the young guys develop by playing.

Still hoping we make some solid moves for our final 2 roster spots.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #636
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I was upset at first because he clearly didn't deserve a contract. But apparently this move was done so the Knicks can retain his exclusive rights after he gets waived and goes down to our D-League affiliate. Same thing for Chris Copeland, who probably is a longshot to stick on the team for an entire season.

I fully expect Jorts & Jerome Jordan to join those guys on our D-League affiliate in Erie, which is what I had hoped for anyways. Due to NBA rules we can't sign them to a guaranteed contract, but we could call them up from the D-League. So that we keep our roster spots for contributing players & let the young guys develop by playing.

Still hoping we make some solid moves for our final 2 roster spots.

I'm pretty sure we traded Jorts and Jordan...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #637
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,546
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm pretty sure we traded Jorts and Jordan...
I know.

But Jordan was already waived by Houston and re-joined our Summer League team in Vegas immediately, leading to the possibility of him wanting to stick with our organization moving forward. Jared Jeffries part 2?

Jorts is eventually going to be waived by Houston too as they've got a bunch of guys on un-guaranteed contracts on their roster.

They'll form a good frontcourt for our D-League squad.

PG - Farrakahn??
SG - Chris Smith
SF - Chris Copeland
PF - Jorts
C - Jerome Jordan

I like that. It gives them minutes to play, develop, and lets us evaluate them throughout the season.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #638
WaltFrazier
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
WaltFrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

The sporadic Knicks look to revamp their allusive roster further to once again compete for the NBA championship. Carmelo Anthony shall bring his inductive game to New York once he wins the grotesque USA gold medal.
WaltFrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #639
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,343
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I don't think you know what either inductive or grotesque mean.

















Maybe you really are Clyde!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #640
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up
 
JrueHoliday11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: modells
Posts: 604
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Might actually be him. no vocab game LOL
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #641
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,031
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Max Luckan ‏@MaxLuckan
Kenyon Martin will decide between the Knicks and the Lakers, league source said.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #642
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Cool beans

I'm really hoping Camby can contribute because the Olympics further confirmed for me what I've been saying all along. Tyson Chandler is overrated. He was getting killed by Gasol. He's a inept on offense and far from dominant on defense. He doesnt rebound anymore. all he wants to do is tap the ball now.He's become atrocious from the FT line. His hot temper gets him nnecessary technicals. I'm very worried.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #643
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore
 
percelloveknicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: i live in Madison Square Garde
Posts: 319
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Cool beans

I'm really hoping Camby can contribute because the Olympics further confirmed for me what I've been saying all along. Tyson Chandler is overrated. He was getting killed by Gasol. He's a inept on offense and far from dominant on defense. He doesnt rebound anymore. all he wants to do is tap the ball now.He's become atrocious from the FT line. His hot temper gets him nnecessary technicals. I'm very worried.
I dont really care for chandlers game either, if a 7 footer cant get 10 and 10 then what good is he??!! But by some miracle he can average that this year, then sign me up.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #644
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I dont really care for chandlers game either, if a 7 footer cant get 10 and 10 then what good is he??!! But by some miracle he can average that this year, then sign me up.

That's what I'm saying. Yea I know it may even look like I'm hating but every time I criticize him, I back it up with why. Bottom line is, he gets this moniker as this prolific defender but when I actually watch the games, I don't see it. He's a below avg rebounder for his height. He's a decent but not great shot blocker. He fouls entirely too much and he shows way too far on pick n rolls. Add that to the fact that he's inept at creating anything for himself offensively, he is poor from the free throw line and he gets untimely technical fouls.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #645
DUP
ambition
 
DUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 443
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
Max Luckan ‏@MaxLuckan
Kenyon Martin will decide between the Knicks and the Lakers, league source said.
we dont even need him
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy