Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #661
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

The Knicks bench was better than the Heat bench, the other teams' benches I can live with saying they were better. The heat's bench was Battier and jones, moments with cole.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #662
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Johnny Flynn is a FA. I honestly think that won't be a bad acquisition considering our depth/skillset at the PG position. We have two aging PG's(Kidd+Pog) and a lazy PG who's constantly out of shape. Flynn is fast and his speed will be a good change of pace compared to the other guys but he's a terrible shooter which means he probably won't mesh with Melo and Amare and he's pretty much a bust at this point.

I think it's a low risk high reward type of signing.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #663
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knicks reportedly not in a hurry to sign anyone now...
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #664
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Johnny Flynn is a FA. I honestly think that won't be a bad acquisition considering our depth/skillset at the PG position. We have two aging PG's(Kidd+Pog) and a lazy PG who's constantly out of shape. Flynn is fast and his speed will be a good change of pace compared to the other guys but he's a terrible shooter which means he probably won't mesh with Melo and Amare and he's pretty much a bust at this point.

I've been suggesting this a while now. Nobody seems to agree.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #665
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree he is a bust.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #666
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Outside of last season in Portland when else has Raymond Felton been "out of shape?"

That question out of the way, I would have loved to bring in Flynn last season. With Mike Woodson at the helm I don't think Flynn will improve his decision making weaknesses much.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #667
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if we didnt sign pabloni, id take a look at flynn

we need another big now more than a 5th string pg
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #668
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Best Bench in the NBA?
#1 Kenyon isn't here yet
#2 Even if we get him, we don't have the best bench in basketball. The Spurs, Pacers, Heat, 76ers, Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers all have better benches than us.

PG - Kidd
SG - Smith (when Shump returns)
SF - Brewer
PF - K-Mart/Novak
C- Camby

Tell me how that isn't the best bench in the league? Those are 5 guys who could be or were starters last season + Novak (the best spot shooter in the NBA). I know you're not high on adding the veteran depth but the talent/experience is there to make this a very productive 2nd unit to keep us in each game. A lot of those teams you mentioned have solid benches as well, but mainly they have more younger guys who aren't as proven as what we have.

I like what the Clippers have too with Chauncey, Crawford, Hill, & Odom.

So is it fair to say best bench in the East?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #669
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I liked the idea of the signing too, but he really wouldn't see any minutes at all on this team with our PG depth.

It might be a tough pill for him to swallow but I think he needs to go down to the D-League this season and prove himself all over again. Get some consistent minutes, get your confidence up, & see how other teams react to it. Its clear now that all 30 NBA teams are concerned about how he can produce in the NBA.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #670
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Its still under investigation.

Don't want that garbage on the team
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #671
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Don't want that garbage on the team
We are all innocent till proven guilty.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #672
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Outside of last season in Portland when else has Raymond Felton been "out of shape?"

That question out of the way, I would have loved to bring in Flynn last season. With Mike Woodson at the helm I don't think Flynn will improve his decision making weaknesses much.

Last season was terrible for Felton mainly due to him coming in camp being fat and out of shape, he couldn't find any rhythm what so ever.. If he does the same this year we are ****ed. I also remember him struggling with fitness early on when he was with us as well. We don't have MDA anymore and I'm not sure if Felton can come close to replicating his success, it's good to look at other options because I don't think two 35+ yr old PG's can handle the load(one being a rookie as well). Our PG situation is ugly imo

Flynn is a bust and he's pretty much established at this point but I think he'll be great for 10-15 mpg. His speed and athleticism would be a great weapon off the bench and I think he's a good penetrating(i think) which will help with scoring when Melo isn't on the court.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #673
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Last season was terrible for Felton mainly due to him coming in camp being fat and out of shape, he couldn't find any rhythm what so ever.. If he does the same this year we are ****ed. I also remember him struggling with fitness early on when he was with us as well. We don't have MDA anymore and I'm not sure if Felton can come close to replicating his success, it's good to look at other options because I don't think two 35+ yr old PG's can handle the load(one being a rookie as well). Our PG situation is ugly imo

Flynn is a bust and he's pretty much established at this point but I think he'll be great for 10-15 mpg. His speed and athleticism would be a great weapon off the bench and I think he's a good penetrating(i think) which will help with scoring when Melo isn't on the court.

There are only 48 minutes to go around at the PG position.

How in the world can Felton/Kidd/Pablo not handle those minutes split between them? If Felton struggles then he will play 20-25 minutes. Id literally be shocked if Kidd & Pablo are so terrible they can't scrap together 20 combined minutes of PG play. I wouldn't mind Flynn but that's only necessary if a major injury occurs before Shump returns. I just don't see how you can look at our PG position and be concerned that they can't handle the load, concerned to the point you think we need to sign a guy like Flynn right now.

Jonny Flynn isn't the same player he was coming out of college.

The hip injury really affected him as far as explosiveness is concerned, and that's why he was let o by 3 different teams who were looking to see if he could bounce back.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #674
Rowe
Scoring Champ

But remember this is the Knicks and if it came down to it we'd pass on a 23 year old Flynn in favor of an injured Baron Davis.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #675
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
But remember this is the Knicks and if it came down to it we'd pass on a 23 year old Flynn in favor of an injured Baron Davis.
Flynn might as well be injured.

at least he'd have an excuse.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: