Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #691
el gringos
Good college starter

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Yeah, six months too late. We should have traded him for Dragic.
Trading Lin when his value was highest was thought of as a stupid idea around here- just like trading amare then was. This is the reason why if Felton and amare can get it going they need packaged together and sent out this season. If possible, after winning, the priority this season since an offseason trade didn't happen- Put Felton and amare in best possible position to succeed
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #692
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
James White is about to be 30, he aint reviving no career.

I know...that's my point lol Flynn is 23. We're tryna revive a 30 yr old and a 35 yr old. lmao
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #693
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I know...that's my point lol Flynn is 23. We're tryna revive a 30 yr old and a 35 yr old. lmao

I want James White to make it so we can see him in the dunk contest.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #694
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Opportunity is fine.

Give a guy no one knows an opportunity.

Lin was that guy, but Lin also barely got to play.

Tony Taylor might be that guy.

I don't see Flynn as that guy, he's had a chance to play and stunk it up doing so, but even if he does be that guy, congrats to him.....elsewhere.

The difference to me is, the team has no luxury of getting guys to revive careers.
Lucky for the Boston Celtics that Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers did not take your approach with Rajon Rondo. If you look at Johnny Flynn and Rondo's averages, or averages over 36 minutes; for each guy's first three seasons in the NBA they are similar players.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #695
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Lucky for the Boston Celtics that Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers did not take your approach with Rajon Rondo. If you look at Johnny Flynn and Rondo's averages, or averages over 36 minutes; for each guy's first three seasons in the NBA they are similar players.
I hope you aren't trying to say Flynn would be as good as Rondo, sub the players?

Per 36 shouldn't be used in all cases, and this is definitely one of them.

Teams have given Flynn chances, and he bombed out everywhere.

Rondo had one thing going for him immediately coming into the league....defense, and that was even coming out of college

In his rookie season he was in the top 10 in steals in the entire league.

He made one of the defensive teams...in his 3rd season.

Per 36 does not apply in this case at all, and I;m actually disappointed you went this route.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #696
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Fun Fact: If Sebastian Telfair didnt get in trouble off the court, Rondo would have been the player included in the trade for KG instead of Rondo. Doc Rivers comfirmed it after the trde happened.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #697
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

And of course that would have been a huge mistake.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #698
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Fun Fact: If Sebastian Telfair didnt get in trouble off the court, Rondo would have been the player included in the trade for KG instead of Rondo. Doc Rivers comfirmed it after the trde happened.
Blame Minny for not trying harder.

But I think it would be safe to say that the Celtics wouldn't have the success they've had over the last few years if they had Telfair running the show.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #699
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Blame Minny for not trying harder.

But I think it would be safe to say that the Celtics wouldn't have the success they've had over the last few years if they had Telfair running the show.

Maybe but I never thought Rondo was all that good. I always thought he was a product of not having to be guarded. But...to each is own. Put it like this, If Rondo was on this team, I don't think we'd be that much better.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #700
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Maybe but I never thought Rondo was all that good. I always thought he was a product of not having to be guarded. But...to each is own. Put it like this, If Rondo was on this team, I don't think we'd be that much better.
Please explain the large.

If anything rondo has shown he has every single facet of being a total gamechanger.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #701
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Please explain the large.

If anything rondo has shown he has every single facet of being a total gamechanger.

I just don't think he's that good. End of the day, when teams game planned for Boston, you can't afford to put Rond at the top of the list. You can't leave KG, Truth or Jesus Shuttlesworth to defend Rondo. So at the end of the day, I respect him for the gritty player he is, but talent wise, he isn't that good to me. Onthisteam, he wouldn't have that luxury. Chandler is a non threat offensively. Amare is up and down and who knows what we we'll get from the SG position this year. Therefore, I think he'll help defensively but offensively, we'd be about the sae or worse. Plus, I don't like PG's who can't hit heir freethrows or hit an open J. Just my opinion. I'm not saying he's a bum or anything. I just think he's a little overrated.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #702
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I just don't think he's that good. End of the day, when teams game planned for Boston, you can't afford to put Rond at the top of the list. You can't leave KG, Truth or Jesus Shuttlesworth to defend Rondo. So at the end of the day, I respect him for the gritty player he is, but talent wise, he isn't that good to me. Onthisteam, he wouldn't have that luxury. Chandler is a non threat offensively. Amare is up and down and who knows what we we'll get from the SG position this year. Therefore, I think he'll help defensively but offensively, we'd be about the sae or worse. Plus, I don't like PG's who can't hit heir freethrows or hit an open J. Just my opinion. I'm not saying he's a bum or anything. I just think he's a little overrated.
If anything I would think the fact that teams didn't double off of Rondo is a testament to how good they feel he is.

As far as his offense goes, the guy gets the points when they are needed, and he does so much more than that to impact a game.

We've seen it with our own eyes in the playoffs.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #703
kNicKz
College superstar

If we had CP3 or rondo we would be #2 seed in the east
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #704
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I hope you aren't trying to say Flynn would be as good as Rondo, sub the players?
What you did is a textbook example of a strawman argument. I've read enough of your work here to know you are too intelligent to not have gotten my point. I know you're just being stubborn about acknowledging my point.

Johnny Flynn has not done what I expect from him thus far but you don't write a player off until he complete's his fifth season. Especially if said player has dealt with some injuries.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #705
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
If anything I would think the fact that teams didn't double off of Rondo is a testament to how good they feel he is.

As far as his offense goes, the guy gets the points when they are needed, and he does so much more than that to impact a game.

We've seen it with our own eyes in the playoffs.

Huh? Teams backing off of him and not guarding him is a testament to how good he is?

Quote:
If we had CP3 or rondo we would be #2 seed in the east

I don't care what the stats say. Nor do I care what finals he's been to. CP3 and Rondo aren't even in the same category. Rondo does not make us a guaranteed 2nd seed. Cp3 makes us title contenders immediately. If we had CP3 with thi current team, I think we'd be ahead of even Miami. He's that good. With Rondo, I can't say that. We'd be better though.

As for Rondo scoring, what I saw was Miami saying, I dont care how much he beats Mario Chalmers. We'll take that over KG, Ray or Pierce geting hot. That's a testament to those guy IMO. Rondo did his job.

This is exactly why i was head over heels over Lin. If you can't consistenly win a matchup vs Mario Chalmers, then you putyour team at a disadvantage offensively because now they can put him on you ad focus on your stars. Felton, JR, Tyson, Shumpert etc. sole job on offense is to make sur teams can't completely focus on shutting Melo and Amare down. Tyson hasn't done that. JR has but has been inconsistent. We need Felton to be that guy. He doesn't have to score 20 a game. We just needhim to make the defense work and for him to not be an afterthought in their game plan. It's called keeping the defense honest.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: