Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #706
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I hope you aren't trying to say Flynn would be as good as Rondo, sub the players?
What you did is a textbook example of a strawman argument. I've read enough of your work here to know you are too intelligent to not have gotten my point. I know you're just being stubborn about acknowledging my point.

Johnny Flynn has not done what I expect from him thus far but you don't write a player off until he complete's his fifth season. Especially if said player has dealt with some injuries.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #707
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
If anything I would think the fact that teams didn't double off of Rondo is a testament to how good they feel he is.

As far as his offense goes, the guy gets the points when they are needed, and he does so much more than that to impact a game.

We've seen it with our own eyes in the playoffs.

Huh? Teams backing off of him and not guarding him is a testament to how good he is?

Quote:
If we had CP3 or rondo we would be #2 seed in the east

I don't care what the stats say. Nor do I care what finals he's been to. CP3 and Rondo aren't even in the same category. Rondo does not make us a guaranteed 2nd seed. Cp3 makes us title contenders immediately. If we had CP3 with thi current team, I think we'd be ahead of even Miami. He's that good. With Rondo, I can't say that. We'd be better though.

As for Rondo scoring, what I saw was Miami saying, I dont care how much he beats Mario Chalmers. We'll take that over KG, Ray or Pierce geting hot. That's a testament to those guy IMO. Rondo did his job.

This is exactly why i was head over heels over Lin. If you can't consistenly win a matchup vs Mario Chalmers, then you putyour team at a disadvantage offensively because now they can put him on you ad focus on your stars. Felton, JR, Tyson, Shumpert etc. sole job on offense is to make sur teams can't completely focus on shutting Melo and Amare down. Tyson hasn't done that. JR has but has been inconsistent. We need Felton to be that guy. He doesn't have to score 20 a game. We just needhim to make the defense work and for him to not be an afterthought in their game plan. It's called keeping the defense honest.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #708
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
What you did is a textbook example of a strawman argument. I've read enough of your work here to know you are too intelligent to not have gotten my point. I know you're just being stubborn about acknowledging my point.

Johnny Flynn has not done what I expect from him thus far but you don't write a player off until he complete's his fifth season. Especially if said player has dealt with some injuries.
You know I respect the hell out of you, but it's been a crazy summer around these parts.

I have no issue with Flynn regaining his form, just not here.

I'd try to staff him on our d-league and see what's up there.

I just don't see Flynn regaining his game.

I also think that the pg position is so stacked that if a player just is not cutting it, they may have to find their way on there own.

And for teams in this day and age, depending on your wing, you may not even need a playmaking point.

It's not like a big man, who can usually find a good paying spot as long as the are at least serviceable due to scarceness of quality bigs.

Point guards are literally everywhere in a dogfight to get NBA jobs.

But it's very easy for a point to find himself completely out of the league.

I know it's been a awhile but recall how Steve Francis went literally from all-star to vanishing act?

Strange position, but not one of development, if the player has a falloff.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #709
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Huh? Teams backing off of him and not guarding him is a testament to how good he is?

I said teams don't double off of him.

They give him space to shoot, but they don't leave him to help out.

Right now, Rondo is one of the best.

Not CP3 level, but damn near close.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #710
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,809
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Haha flynn and rondo.... I would take Rondo on this team over every other PG right now not named DWill or CP3.

I'd take Telfair over Flynn at this point.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #711
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I said teams don't double off of him.

They give him space to shoot, but they don't leave him to help out.

Right now, Rondo is one of the best.

Not CP3 level, but damn near close.

No he's not lol Stop it. They give him space to shoot because HE CAN'T. Rondo is good when he's on a good team. CP3 is good even on a bad team. When you have 3 hall of famers who still have something left in the tank, it's not hard to get assists.

But that's enough about Rondo. Back to the Knicks. I don't know if it's because the Jets utterly disgust me right now but I'm extremely anxious for this season to start for some reason.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #712
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Haha flynn and rondo.... I would take Rondo on this team over every other PG right now not named DWill or CP3.

I'd take Telfair over Flynn at this point.

You would take Rondo over Tony Parker?

Say no to drugs!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #713
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You would take Rondo over Tony Parker?

Say no to drugs!
I'm shocked that you wouldn't.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #714
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
No he's not lol Stop it. They give him space to shoot because HE CAN'T. Rondo is good when he's on a good team. CP3 is good even on a bad team. When you have 3 hall of famers who still have something left in the tank, it's not hard to get assists.

But that's enough about Rondo. Back to the Knicks. I don't know if it's because the Jets utterly disgust me right now but I'm extremely anxious for this season to start for some reason.
Look even Kobe missed the playoffs when he had a bad team, you need talent to win games.

Don't knock rondo for that.

What has Deron Williams won without good players?

You know I love ya fam, but to defend career losers, and virtual busts, then shit on Rondo is some ass backwards thinking.

The kid rises up when called to do so, and he makes mincemeat out of our team every single time we play him.

When Allen was hobbled, Pierce being so-so and KG not being himself, Rondo carried those guys.

There is no denying that.

The kid has averaged a double double in the playoffs the last two years with solid defense and excellent position rebounding.

Right now, he is absolutely one of the tops in the league.

As far as the Jets, no comment.

I shut down when Tebow came here.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #715
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Look even Kobe missed the playoffs when he had a bad team, you need talent to win games.

Don't knock rondo for that.

What has Deron Williams won without good players?

You know I love ya fam, but to defend career losers, and virtual busts, then shit on Rondo is some ass backwards thinking.

The kid rises up when called to do so, and he makes mincemeat out of our team every single time we play him.

When Allen was hobbled, Pierce being so-so and KG not being himself, Rondo carried those guys.

There is no denying that.

The kid has averaged a double double in the playoffs the last two years with solid defense and excellent position rebounding.

Right now, he is absolutely one of the tops in the league.

As far as the Jets, no comment.

I shut down when Tebow came here.

Huh? How did I shit on him? I just said I never considered him elite.

Secondly, he makes mincemeat out of our guys because we don't have a PG. Because the guy everyone was so butthurt over keeping couldn't guard him. I guess essentially, your current point proves my previous point about Lin. You don't give a guy all that money if everytime we play Rondo, which will be at least 4 times a year, it's a guaranteed assbustin.

I'm not trying to hate on Rondo. All I said was that I don't think he's a top tier point guard. I don't think he's on DWill, CP3, Parker or D Rose level. I think he's in that next tier of pgs...which isn't a bad thing. That includes Westbrook, Nash (because he's older), Curry (when healthy), and soon to be Irving and Lawson.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #716
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,321
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm shocked that you wouldn't.
This. I would take Rondo over Parker easily.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #717
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,809
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I still dont think Rondo has matured enough as a player or person but I like what he can bring nightly. Not really worried about his shooting honestly but he isnt aggressive enough. I think he plays a back seat to prove points instead of doing everything to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I don't know if it's because the Jets utterly disgust me right now but I'm extremely anxious for this season to start for some reason.

I hope you're anxious for the Knicks season and not the Jets season. Mike T. has done a terrible job and so has the coach. In these days and times you build an offense to help a young QB and they havent.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #718
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Huh? How did I shit on him? I just said I never considered him elite.

Secondly, he makes mincemeat out of our guys because we don't have a PG. Because the guy everyone was so butthurt over keeping couldn't guard him. I guess essentially, your current point proves my previous point about Lin. You don't give a guy all that money if everytime we play Rondo, which will be at least 4 times a year, it's a guaranteed assbustin.

I'm not trying to hate on Rondo. All I said was that I don't think he's a top tier point guard. I don't think he's on DWill, CP3, Parker or D Rose level. I think he's in that next tier of pgs...which isn't a bad thing. That includes Westbrook, Nash (because he's older), Curry (when healthy), and soon to be Irving and Lawson.
Fam, that is a dump.

Rondo is first tier all day.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #719
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,951
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I'm feeling good about this season. I think we can finish above the pacers
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #720
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
[b][color="Red"]
I hope you're anxious for the Knicks season and not the Jets season. Mike T. has done a terrible job and so has the coach. In these days and times you build an offense to help a young QB and they havent.

Don't remind me
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy