Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #61
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

According to the ny post, the knicks will try out pg scoop jardine and tu holloway tomm in westchester.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #62
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Tried to psot earlier but the site was acting crazy on my cpu. I'd really like if we could snatch up Scott Machado. Hopefully we don't treat him like other native NYer's in the past (See Strickland, Marbury, Jackson, King). If we get this kid and he becomes a player... On a team that lacks playmakers, quality ball handlers and solid passing, he'd fit right in. I think Scoop will go undrafted but I don't mind us looking at him. Scoop plays big in big games.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #63
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Considering the Knicks only have 1 pick have they ever drafted smart? they will probably pick an undersized/tweener player with no real position.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #64
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Considering the Knicks only have 1 pick have they ever drafted smart? they will probably pick an undersized/tweener player with no real position.

We drafted pretty well under Isaiah. Just saying.

But I get where you're going. I'm just hoping that the fact that we're working out 2 PG's from jump and were rumored to be very interested in guards at the PIT, means we at least acknowledge we need a PG. I agree though. Last thing I want is another tweener. We have so many guys who don't have a position, we could create 5 NEW positions
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #65
idizzle
Good college starter

Here’s the scoop: Selecting at No. 45 in next month’s NBA Draft, the Knicks aren’t going to find a point guard on par with Jeremy Lin. But the Knicks are sure going to see if 6-foot-2 Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine can give them depth at a position in which the cupboard is virtually bare. New York

Today, the Knicks will commence their pre-draft workouts and bring in Jardine and another intriguing local product, Tu Holloway, the 6-foot point guard from Hempstead, Long Island, via Xavier. Holloway’s rep took a hit last season for his involvement in a fight against Cincinnati after which he said his club had “a whole bunch of gangsters.’’ New York Post

Tu is my guy.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #66
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Here’s the scoop: Selecting at No. 45 in next month’s NBA Draft, the Knicks aren’t going to find a point guard on par with Jeremy Lin. But the Knicks are sure going to see if 6-foot-2 Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine can give them depth at a position in which the cupboard is virtually bare. New York

Today, the Knicks will commence their pre-draft workouts and bring in Jardine and another intriguing local product, Tu Holloway, the 6-foot point guard from Hempstead, Long Island, via Xavier. Holloway’s rep took a hit last season for his involvement in a fight against Cincinnati after which he said his club had “a whole bunch of gangsters.’’ New York Post

Tu is my guy.
Thats not necessarily true. Lin wasnt even drafted. The chances of us finding that player isnt great but it isnt impossible. Isaiah Thomas, the last pick of the draft, was one of the best rookies in the NBA
Old 05-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #67
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Thats not necessarily true. Lin wasnt even drafted. The chances of us finding that player isnt great but it isnt impossible. Isaiah Thomas, the last pick of the draft, was one of the best rookies in the NBA
Come on knickscity,ban this fool. He mentioned Isiah.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #68
Rowe
Scoring Champ

We should be drafting a PG in the hope that his success allows us to move Jeremy Lin to the bench as a 6th Man. I can see him really being successful in that role, although it may affect the endorsement possibilities for the Knicks.

Machado has the possibility to be "Rondo-esque" in our lineup because he has natural true PG abilities which is probably the only way we can get the Melo/Amare tandem to work. Lin is never going to be that kind of guy, but he can definetly be our 3rd scorer who puts games out of reach.

Regardless, I'd love to see the Knicks buy a pick at the bottom of Round 1 to catch a guy who is sliding for some apparent reason. I'll take another tweener at Forward just so we can add some talented depth.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #69
bluechox2
#knickstape

odom is interested in new york, i wouldn't mind giving him a chance. i think he thrives better when the camera's are on him
and he would be a better option over jeffries, as he can score better and still play good d
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #70
el gringos
Decent college freshman

How come teams work out so many maybe 2nd round pick type players? Do the top 20-30 or however many prospect not do these workouts or what. If you are looking at PG s why are you looking at those types instead of tony wroten Jared Cunningham types? Does it have to do with your draft position for who will. Ome work out
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #71
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
How come teams work out so many maybe 2nd round pick type players? Do the top 20-30 or however many prospect not do these workouts or what. If you are looking at PG s why are you looking at those types instead of tony wroten Jared Cunningham types? Does it have to do with your draft position for who will. Ome work out
They have the NBA Combine. You work out 2nd round picks because they more than likely won't be invited to the combine. From the combine, you have individual workouts with guys you potentially could take. The high lottery picks have say-so in which ones they go to. For instance, the Knicks wouldn't invite Kyrie Irving for a workout because theres no way he'd slip to where they pick. If they did invite him, he would obviously say no. It's a waste of time, risk of injury and risk of draft position if some guy bust your ass. Furthermore, even if he did slip, the Knicks wouldn't need a private workout to tell them to pick him. I'm not sure about the NBA but I think the NFL has a limit on the number of times you can meet with a guy and the number of players you can have workouts with.

Quote:
odom is interested in new york, i wouldn't mind giving him a chance. i think he thrives better when the camera's are on him
and he would be a better option over jeffries, as he can score better and still play good d

I totally agree. I've said it in another thread. I don't think last season was an indication of what he has left in the tank. I think he came in out of basketball shape physically and mentally. I think having to move to Dallas really took a toll on him. While I think he ultimately would like to live in LA, NY would be the best consolation prize. He's from NY and both him and his wife have family that frequents NY. I think Odom would be a great asset for our team for the right price. He not only brings rebounding, defense, scoring and ball handling but he can cut down Amare, Melo and even Chandler's minutes...thus keeping them healthier. You could very easily put a Melo, Amare, Odom front court out there and not give up much.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #72
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ce-free-agency

Lamar Odom would like to be a Knick.
Thoughts?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #73
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

This make me smile!

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-scoop-machado
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #74
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I hope we get Machado because he has the same birthday as me.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #75
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Teams workout so many 2nd Round/undrafted type players because these guys are who you call for Summer League to battle for a chance in Training Camp. You never know who might impress in those workouts. Look at what happened with Landry Fields. He was projected to go undrafted before we worked him out. We grabbed him in Round 2 and he ended up having had a better rookie season at SG than the #2 pick.

btw I'm certain that Cunningham and Wroten will get workouts with the Knicks sooner or later as they hear about their stock and teams interested in them. Most of these guys would love to play in New York City.

Both are combo guards working out exclusively at PG and it seems like the Knicks management is fully aware we should be looking for Guards.

Last edited by Rowe : 05-25-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: