Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #826
el gringos
Great college starter

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Why are you looking to put either Melo or Amare in any trade? Neither one will be traded any time soon. The only one that could get moved is Amar'e, but that would only be to make room for a superstar like Chris Paul.
I would never trade Carmelo if I was Knicks- I was just trying to see where you are coming from. So you only want to see completely unrealistic ideas? What is the point of that? I was so into the idea of trading amare from the second Carmelo was acquired because they don't fit together and his trade value would only go down. So for 2 years I was the idiot for wanting amare traded- now everyone here is there.

Now I'll spend the next while being the idiot for saying chandler needs to be traded. Chandler is a luxury the Knicks can't afford, not without a real # 2 option. I wish the Knicks could keep him but the top of the roster needs addressed. So if you want call the idea of trading chandler stupid all the way until he no longer has trade value and then expect him to be traded for Kevin love.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #827
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I would never trade Carmelo if I was Knicks- I was just trying to see where you are coming from. So you only want to see completely unrealistic ideas? What is the point of that? I was so into the idea of trading amare from the second Carmelo was acquired because they don't fit together and his trade value would only go down. So for 2 years I was the idiot for wanting amare traded- now everyone here is there.

Now I'll spend the next while being the idiot for saying chandler needs to be traded. Chandler is a luxury the Knicks can't afford, not without a real # 2 option. I wish the Knicks could keep him but the top of the roster needs addressed. So if you want call the idea of trading chandler stupid all the way until he no longer has trade value and then expect him to be traded for Kevin love.

First of all they do fit together. They just had the wrong coach for most of the time. When they played together under Woodson they were like 9-1. The problem was D'Antoni.

Secondly Amare has never been tradeable for fair value because of his health and huge contract. Taking pennies on the dollar for him is dumb as fck. Melo came to NY to play with a star. He didn't come here to play with Denver east. The duo needs to be given a chance before you break it up.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #828
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I definitely agree these guys deserve a chance to play together....a full season.

I take pride in believing players need a training camp together, even as far as discussing over and over with, i believe with Rameek, and in this instance they have once again missed a good portion of that.

But we don't know if they fit together or not, the stretch when Woodson took over was simply....... some being Woodson, and just naturally a team responding after coaching change.

It happens more times than none.

For example, even Felton play like crap last year, but when his coach got fired, he played much better..

I haven't completely given up on Amare, but at the same time, if the right deal came around, the team has to cut it's losses.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #829
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Couple things to point out:

1. Read a few articles about amare's current injury. Basically, the injury he has causes fluid on the knee but it's not something that is expected to be recurring. Basically, the cyst is caused by an infection that eventually bursts. It goes away with rest. No rehab is really required. Eventually, once it drains, your body absorbs the fluid naturally.It actually may be a blessing in disguise. Amare had a bone bruise in his knee and it was said by many that he came bak too soon. The rest from the cyst actually helps with the bine bruise.

2. As previously mentioned, this is our 1st full season with these guys but more importantly, it's our 1st real training camp with these guys. We added a star player, changed coaches and went through significant injuries all without a training camp last year.

3. Wouldnt a guy like Bargnani draw us back to the D'antoni style ball we dreaded? You think Amare doesnt defend or rebound? Bargnani is probably worse...if that's possible. He's a 7 footer and only gets like 5 rebounds and 0.5 blocks a game.

4. I too would rather build chemistry than blow this whole thing up right away but one trade I would make is giving up Amare and Chandler for LaMarcus Aldridge. I'd evenconsider throwing in Shumpert. Alricge is that good.2nd best PF in the league behind Dirk in my opinion.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #830
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Good post fam.

The only concern with amare's injury to me was the initial locking up with another player, and i'm guessing it's a lucky situation that only a cyst came out of it.

As far as any suitable trades, if toronto offered Bargs, yes i would consider.

Main reason being he'd fit in very well with everyone in our lineup, operates in a space no one else does, and he could be that stretch 4 that would be a nightmare to defend with Melo especially in the low post. Plus he has the ability to catch and shoot, decent enough handles to create his own, and still has the potential to get his efficiency up.

Won't disagree with LMA either, he's proven in the playoffs he can be THAT guy for sure.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #831
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Good post fam.

The only concern with amare's injury to me was the initial locking up with another player, and i'm guessing it's a lucky situation that only a cyst came out of it.

As far as any suitable trades, if toronto offered Bargs, yes i would consider.

Main reason being he'd fit in very well with everyone in our lineup, operates in a space no one else does, and he could be that stretch 4 that would be a nightmare to defend with Melo especially in the low post. Plus he has the ability to catch and shoot, decent enough handles to create his own, and still has the potential to get his efficiency up.

Won't disagree with LMA either, he's proven in the playoffs he can be THAT guy for sure.
Ironically, the cyst may have been caused by the bone bruise, which may inadvertently heal it.

As for Bargnani, I think I may have misread what el gringos was saying. If so, I apologize. Are you suggesting we trade for Bargnani and keep Amare? I would be down for trading Chandler for Andrea.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #832
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Ironically, the cyst may have been caused by the bone bruise, which may inadvertently heal it.

As for Bargnani, I think I may have misread what el gringos was saying. If so, I apologize. Are you suggesting we trade for Bargnani and keep Amare? I would be down for trading Chandler for Andrea.
Not at all, it's Bargs for Amare.

We'd go from having a top defense to right back going to the worst.

We've already seen what a collection of weak defenders look like in the froncourt.

Gallo Purp Amare.....and Purp actually defended well.

But having Bargs and amare as our 4 and 5? Come on.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #833
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:

Are you serious ? We would have no interior defense at all.

Melo
Amare
Bargnani

That's probably the worst defensive frontcourt in the league.

Amare + Bargnani = no defense,no rebounding,no hustle

Unless you suggest Camby would start and either Amare or Bargnani would come off the bench.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #834
kNicKz
College superstar

I think we will have a trophy in the garden within the next 10 years, management has learned from their mistakes and the team is looking the strongest it has looked in 10+ years!! o and fukk the nets
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #835
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

The Rockets need to move some pieces. I don't what'what though. So much boozin. g
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #836
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The Rockets need to move some pieces. I don't what'what though. So much boozin. g
I first I thought "why the hell would OKC break the team up when they just went to the finals? Why not wait until the offseason?Harden is restricted". Then I saw how much the Rockets gave him and the fact that they are already guaranteeing him a max deal. Wow! Had my daughter not gotten sick in the middle of the night and subsequently kicked me outta my bed, I wouldnt have even known lol. I was just flicking thru channels and saw the headline. I was halfway to sleep n I woke up like WTF? I like Harden but I think the Rockets are reaching n overpaying for guys. Their moves are very resemblant of the Isaiah regime. Good draft choices but overpaying talented guys as if theyre superstars.

I think the guy thatll go is Lazar Hayward. Hes pretty good too. Worth a look. I think JaJuan Johnson may get cut too. He would be a nice guy to have. 6'10 guy with shot blocking ability and a nice mid range J. He could learn a lot from Camby. They are similar players.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #837
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

OKC did what was expected...traded one of the guys they couldn't afford and get some decent piece with him.

It was either trade a potential DPOY player or SIXTH MAN winner, and they chose the latter.

But make no mistake their title chances are officially CLOSED.

Harden was a huge piece to getting to the finals and alot of the wins they got, and Martin especially is not even close to being able to fill those shoes.

But OKC did get a decent haul for Harden....two future 1sts and Lamb is solid and an expirer in Martin.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #838
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

If I'm Houston, i would call the Hawks and get Josh smith...immediately.

They will need a frontcourt player to take the defense off of Harden and Smoove would fit in perfectly.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #839
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
OKC did what was expected...traded one of the guys they couldn't afford and get some decent piece with him.

It was either trade a potential DPOY player or SIXTH MAN winner, and they chose the latter.

But make no mistake their title chances are officially CLOSED.

Harden was a huge piece to getting to the finals and alot of the wins they got, and Martin especially is not even close to being able to fill those shoes.

But OKC did get a decent haul for Harden....two future 1sts and Lamb is solid and an expirer in Martin.
And a second rounder too.

I dont think their title hopes are completely over. I think Kevin Martin is one of the most underrated players in this league. My pops thinks hes THE most underrated player in the NBA. He can really put the ball in the hole. And as a UCONN fan, I saw Lambs potential first hand.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #840
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
And a second rounder too.

I dont think their title hopes are completely over. I think Kevin Martin is one of the most underrated players in this league. My pops thinks hes THE most underrated player in the NBA. He can really put the ball in the hole. And as a UCONN fan, I saw Lambs potential first hand.
Oh I liked what OKC received, but Martin and Lamb do not even the playing field of losing Harden.

He had alot to do with WHY the Thunder were in the finals, even if he didn't play well in it.

Martin, which i think will be on the move again when he can be, and i doubt Lamb stays as well.

Kevin Martin though has not been healthy or efficient in over half a decade.

Tell pops "I'm sorry'.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: