Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #841
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
OKC did what was expected...traded one of the guys they couldn't afford and get some decent piece with him.

It was either trade a potential DPOY player or SIXTH MAN winner, and they chose the latter.

But make no mistake their title chances are officially CLOSED.

Harden was a huge piece to getting to the finals and alot of the wins they got, and Martin especially is not even close to being able to fill those shoes.

But OKC did get a decent haul for Harden....two future 1sts and Lamb is solid and an expirer in Martin.
And a second rounder too.

I dont think their title hopes are completely over. I think Kevin Martin is one of the most underrated players in this league. My pops thinks hes THE most underrated player in the NBA. He can really put the ball in the hole. And as a UCONN fan, I saw Lambs potential first hand.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #842
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
And a second rounder too.

I dont think their title hopes are completely over. I think Kevin Martin is one of the most underrated players in this league. My pops thinks hes THE most underrated player in the NBA. He can really put the ball in the hole. And as a UCONN fan, I saw Lambs potential first hand.
Oh I liked what OKC received, but Martin and Lamb do not even the playing field of losing Harden.

He had alot to do with WHY the Thunder were in the finals, even if he didn't play well in it.

Martin, which i think will be on the move again when he can be, and i doubt Lamb stays as well.

Kevin Martin though has not been healthy or efficient in over half a decade.

Tell pops "I'm sorry'.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #843
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im not saying Martin is better. Harden is the better player but 1.Harden is NOT a max contract player. 2. Martin isnt a huge drop off. Thats all Im saying.

Anyway, back to us. Our GM needs to be very proactive right now. I dont wanna hear shit about Melo not getting his teammates if Kurt Thomas hits the court as our starting pf, walker and all lol.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #844
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Im not saying Martin is better. Harden is the better player but 1.Harden is NOT a max contract player. 2. Martin isnt a huge drop off. Thats all Im saying.

Anyway, back to us. Our GM needs to be very proactive right now. I dont wanna hear shit about Melo not getting his teammates if Kurt Thomas hits the court as our starting pf, walker and all lol.
what do you want Grunwald to do?

The only asset the team has that can bring in anything close to Harden is Melo.

Sadly though Kurt isn't gonna hurt the team in the few minutes he plays.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #845
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
what do you want Grunwald to do?

The only asset the team has that can bring in anything close to Harden is Melo.

Sadly though Kurt isn't gonna hurt the team in the few minutes he plays.
Whoa whoa whoa... Who said anything about Harden? Im not looking for us to make a big splash. Just comb the lot of players waived and available free agents. Time to get creative and stop making excuses. We dont need a blockbuster. We just need some talent for depth.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #846
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa... Who said anything about Harden? Im not looking for us to make a big splash. Just comb the lot of players waived and available free agents. Time to get creative and stop making excuses. We dont need a blockbuster. We just need some talent for depth.
I'm almost certain these guys came here to play here, moving them will not be an option, certainly won't happen before they even play an actual game that counts.

The team really doesn't have to comb the waiver wire right now, most of those guys will still be around.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #847
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Coach said no matter what, were having practice tomorrow, if you have to swim to get there, you have to get there, said Kidd, who will sleep in Manhattan. We hope everyones safe but Im going to take my chances and challenge Sandy.

Anthony was more realistic about whether todays practice occurs.

I dont take nothing for granted, he said. Im scared of Sandy. Just hearing of New York having a hurricane, it doesnt sound right. Im not one to play with Mother Nature. Im staying in. Im not coming out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...SmSSgQLXAEuxbM

Woody
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #848
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
He hasnt done anything in the offseason.

I really believe like Grumwald, some Knick fans here actually think this is a talented bench.

I dont forsee any moves being made or waiver wire acquisitions. Grumwald is going to wait for Stat to get healthy. Then when all these Krust get healthy (if ever) he may make a move.

Unfortunately Franchize we are the only ones that think there is something wrong with this bench.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #849
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
He hasnt done anything in the offseason.

I really believe like Grumwald, some Knick fans here actually think this is a talented bench.

I dont forsee any moves being made or waiver wire acquisitions. Grumwald is going to wait for Stat to get healthy. Then when all these Krust get healthy (if ever) he may make a move.

Unfortunately Franchize we are the only ones that think there is something wrong with this bench.

We are the unsilent minority I guess lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #850
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Flynn just signed with Melbourne Tigers.

Enjoy australia.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #851
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kidd signed with the knicks, i bet hes too slow and old to make any impact, oh wait, old news,
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #852
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I love how everyone becomes hindsight heros. Two games down...80 to go.

Btw, Gerald Green just dropped 17 and Lillard gave Lin that work, since we are bringing up old stuff lol
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #853
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Any new news on Cambys return?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #854
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Any new news on Cambys return?
i would say vs dallas since we have 3 days of practice time inbetween games

if not, next week, but camby is good to go, woodson just wants camby to practice first
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #855
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i would say vs dallas since we have 3 days of practice time inbetween games

if not, next week, but camby is good to go, woodson just wants camby to practice first

That's cool. If "the other Mike" was coaching, he's be on the court already... risking further damage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: