Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #841
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Im not saying Martin is better. Harden is the better player but 1.Harden is NOT a max contract player. 2. Martin isnt a huge drop off. Thats all Im saying.

Anyway, back to us. Our GM needs to be very proactive right now. I dont wanna hear shit about Melo not getting his teammates if Kurt Thomas hits the court as our starting pf, walker and all lol.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #842
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Im not saying Martin is better. Harden is the better player but 1.Harden is NOT a max contract player. 2. Martin isnt a huge drop off. Thats all Im saying.

Anyway, back to us. Our GM needs to be very proactive right now. I dont wanna hear shit about Melo not getting his teammates if Kurt Thomas hits the court as our starting pf, walker and all lol.
what do you want Grunwald to do?

The only asset the team has that can bring in anything close to Harden is Melo.

Sadly though Kurt isn't gonna hurt the team in the few minutes he plays.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #843
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
what do you want Grunwald to do?

The only asset the team has that can bring in anything close to Harden is Melo.

Sadly though Kurt isn't gonna hurt the team in the few minutes he plays.
Whoa whoa whoa... Who said anything about Harden? Im not looking for us to make a big splash. Just comb the lot of players waived and available free agents. Time to get creative and stop making excuses. We dont need a blockbuster. We just need some talent for depth.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #844
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Whoa whoa whoa... Who said anything about Harden? Im not looking for us to make a big splash. Just comb the lot of players waived and available free agents. Time to get creative and stop making excuses. We dont need a blockbuster. We just need some talent for depth.
I'm almost certain these guys came here to play here, moving them will not be an option, certainly won't happen before they even play an actual game that counts.


The team really doesn't have to comb the waiver wire right now, most of those guys will still be around.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #845
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Coach said no matter what, were having practice tomorrow, if you have to swim to get there, you have to get there, said Kidd, who will sleep in Manhattan. We hope everyones safe but Im going to take my chances and challenge Sandy.

Anthony was more realistic about whether todays practice occurs.

I dont take nothing for granted, he said. Im scared of Sandy. Just hearing of New York having a hurricane, it doesnt sound right. Im not one to play with Mother Nature. Im staying in. Im not coming out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...SmSSgQLXAEuxbM

Woody
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #846
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Whoa whoa whoa... Who said anything about Harden? Im not looking for us to make a big splash. Just comb the lot of players waived and available free agents. Time to get creative and stop making excuses. We dont need a blockbuster. We just need some talent for depth.
He hasnt done anything in the offseason.

I really believe like Grumwald, some Knick fans here actually think this is a talented bench.

I dont forsee any moves being made or waiver wire acquisitions. Grumwald is going to wait for Stat to get healthy. Then when all these Krust get healthy (if ever) he may make a move.

Unfortunately Franchize we are the only ones that think there is something wrong with this bench.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #847
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
He hasnt done anything in the offseason.

I really believe like Grumwald, some Knick fans here actually think this is a talented bench.

I dont forsee any moves being made or waiver wire acquisitions. Grumwald is going to wait for Stat to get healthy. Then when all these Krust get healthy (if ever) he may make a move.

Unfortunately Franchize we are the only ones that think there is something wrong with this bench.

We are the unsilent minority I guess lol.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #848
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Flynn just signed with Melbourne Tigers.

Enjoy australia.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #849
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,967
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

kidd signed with the knicks, i bet hes too slow and old to make any impact, oh wait, old news,
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #850
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

I love how everyone becomes hindsight heros. Two games down...80 to go.

Btw, Gerald Green just dropped 17 and Lillard gave Lin that work, since we are bringing up old stuff lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #851
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Any new news on Cambys return?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #852
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,967
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Any new news on Cambys return?
i would say vs dallas since we have 3 days of practice time inbetween games

if not, next week, but camby is good to go, woodson just wants camby to practice first
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #853
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i would say vs dallas since we have 3 days of practice time inbetween games

if not, next week, but camby is good to go, woodson just wants camby to practice first

That's cool. If "the other Mike" was coaching, he's be on the court already... risking further damage.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #854
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That's cool. If "the other Mike" was coaching, he's be on the court already shooting threes... risking further damage.
Fixed
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #855
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Franchize, you know how we do, we are all stuck on our opinion, and we relish every chance we get.

OAN, I got folks on the force that won't even talk Knicks basketball with me right now just because their opinion is hurt.

Honestly though I don't know what happened over this summer, there are alot of fans that literally jumped off the team as if losing Lin was a big deal.

Any player can get hot, and under turmoil and fear of getting cut, contract year, they all step up if they truly have talent.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy