Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #91
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

What do you guys think about Tony Wroten, PG/SG from Washington?

Would be great if he slipped to 48 a la Josh Selby from Kansas falling out of Round 1 last season. I think hes got similar questions as far as whether he projects as a PG or SG in the NBA, but he's got a lot of upside. His attitude might be considered "questionable" because he's got a whole lot of confidence for a young player.

Here is his own reality showYes, his own reality show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmUYbV2U1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HooPPwJTU3Y

Sounds like he'd love to position himself to get into a major market like NYC. Maybe he will get his own short TV show on MSG
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #92
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
What do you guys think about Tony Wroten, PG/SG from Washington?

Would be great if he slipped to 48 a la Josh Selby from Kansas falling out of Round 1 last season. I think hes got similar questions as far as whether he projects as a PG or SG in the NBA, but he's got a lot of upside. His attitude might be considered "questionable" because he's got a whole lot of confidence for a young player.

Here is his own reality showYes, his own reality show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmUYbV2U1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HooPPwJTU3Y

Sounds like he'd love to position himself to get into a major market like NYC. Maybe he will get his own short TV show on MSG

He was pretty hyped up (though I think that might have been one guy on ISH all over his balls that made me think that). I did see a couple of Washington's games because I have a pretty big man crush over Terrence Ross. All I can say is, people told me he was a great pass first PG, but he was so goddamn ball dominant that a lot of times, their best scorer in Ross was barely utilized for long stretches of time.

Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I saw of him, he seemed like to me Tyreke Evans on paper. Huge for a PG, overall a pretty good ball player but is VERY ball dominant and his scoring clip and efficiency isn't good enough to justify it. I wouldn't want Wroten because I don't think he's what the Knicks need but if he fell to late second round, I couldn't complain about taking him.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #93
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We have no shot at Wroten. His draft stock went way up and some ppl have been talking late lottery. It would take a huge, unforseen slip for us to get him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #94
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
He was pretty hyped up (though I think that might have been one guy on ISH all over his balls that made me think that). I did see a couple of Washington's games because I have a pretty big man crush over Terrence Ross. All I can say is, people told me he was a great pass first PG, but he was so goddamn ball dominant that a lot of times, their best scorer in Ross was barely utilized for long stretches of time.

Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I saw of him, he seemed like to me Tyreke Evans on paper. Huge for a PG, overall a pretty good ball player but is VERY ball dominant and his scoring clip and efficiency isn't good enough to justify it. I wouldn't want Wroten because I don't think he's what the Knicks need but if he fell to late second round, I couldn't complain about taking him.

Yeah he has a few fan threads on here. Its from that same OJ Mayo guy who slobbers the nuts of a HS recruit and calls him the next greatest player and talks about how great of a player they are. I've been aware of Wroten since his HS days and its pretty amazing how well he came back from a Torn ACL.

He definetly didn't play like a pass first PG at UW. But he's got some pretty amazing court vision which allows(or leads him to believe) he can pull off some And1-like passes. I dont think hes as good of a scorer as Tyreke is, and with a shaky jumpshot & release point he probably doesn't project to the SG position as well. Would probably be a frustrating player to watch if he did end up with the Knicks.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #95
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We have no shot at Wroten. His draft stock went way up and some ppl have been talking late lottery. It would take a huge, unforseen slip for us to get him.

I could see him sneaking into the Lottery just off of how desperate teams are for a guy who can be a superstar PG. You've got guys like Wroten & Teague with a lot of upside/potential to be good but right now are just too raw to make an impact at PG. Then guys like Marshall & Lillard with limited upsides for the NBA unless in the right situation.

It just shows how dudes like Josh Selby & Darius Morris should've came back for their Sophmore years and they might be getting talked about as Lottery picks.

But I know that somebody has gotta slip off of poor workouts/character concerns. Nothing against Tony Wroten, but I'll be smiling if he slips on down to 48.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #96
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Talking about HS studs.

I see that Pacers might be considering waiving Born Ready so they can create more cap space this summer.

Quote:
Waive Lance Stephenson – This would add $870 thousand of cap space, bringing them to $11.420 million available. Making this move has the virtue of being entirely at the discretion of the Pacers. I think this is possible, but don’t consider it likely. Nor am I making a judgment on whether or not Lance should be waived. However, it’s worth noting that Lance could be waived, then re-signed later to the minimum … which happens to be $854 thousand next year. It could be a painless option for both parties, but it also doesn’t move the needle very much.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #97
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Talking about HS studs.

I see that Pacers might be considering waiving Born Ready so they can create more cap space this summer.

It would be stupid to cut a guy to save that little in cap space. He has a binch of talent. I told you guys before he was drafted that his pops is one of the sources of his problems. Id be cool taking him for the min but I worry about him being back in his home environment. He'd definitely be better than what we have t the guard position. He can play both guard spots. Ive seen him since he was in about 7th grade. He used to play against HS kids at IS8 and grown men in the Rucker. He has surprisingly good court vision and handle for a guy about 6'5" that shoots alot. I have no worries about his on court ability. Im worried about the off the court stuff. I'd rather AJ Price!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #98
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think we should move up and draft Fab Melo so we can have another Melo to blame when we lose.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #99
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Point Guard
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $16.4 million – Player Option ($17.8 million)
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns – $11.7 million – Unrestricted
Aaron Brooks, Phoenix Suns – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks – $8.6 million – Unrestricted
Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets – $7.8 million – Unrestricted
Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted
Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic – $7.8 million – Player Option ($7.8 million)
D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks – $10.7 million – Unrestricted
George Hill, Indiana Pacers – $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Jordan Farmar, Brooklyn Nets – $4.0 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Leandro Barbosa, Indiana Pacers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets – $2.1 million – Unrestricted
Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers – $4.3 million – Unrestricted
Mo Williams, L.A. Clippers – $8.5 million – Player Option ($8.5 million)
Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Ishmael Smith, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Baron Davis, New York Knicks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
John Lucas, Chicago Bulls – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Gilbert Arenas, Memphis Grizzlies – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Walker Russell, Jr., Detroit Pistons – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
Darius Morris, L.A. Lakers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Terrell Harris, Miami HEAT – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Carldell Johnson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
DeAndre Liggins, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ronnie Price, Phoenix Suns – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
T.J. Ford, Golden State Warriors – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Anthony Carter, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Roger Mason, Washington Wizards – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Jamaal Tinsley, Utah Jazz – $1.2 million – Team Option ($1.3 million)
Donald Sloan, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Manny Harris, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
Patty Mills, San Antonio Spurs – $0.3 million – Unrestricted*
Courtney Fortson, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Mike James, Chicago Bulls – $0.6 million – Unrestricted
Jerome Dyson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Uzoh, Toronto Raptors – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Armon Johnson, Brooklyn Nets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Earl Boykins, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
Blake Ahearn, Utah Jazz – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #100
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Shooting Guard

Eric Gordon, New Orleans Hornets – $3.8 million – Restricted ($5.1 million Qualifying Offer)
O.J. Mayo, Memphis Grizzlies – $5.6 million – Restricted ($7.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Ray Allen, Boston Celtics – $10.0 million – Unrestricted
Landry Fields, New York Knicks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Carlos Delfino, Milwaukee Bucks – $3.5 million – Unrestricted
Nick Young, L.A. Clippers – $3.7 million – Unrestricted
Jamal Crawford, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.2 million)
Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers – $5.2 million – Early Termination Option ($5.4 million)
J.R Smith, New York Knicks – $1.4 million – Player Option ($2.6 million)
Mickael Pietrus, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Courtney Lee, Houston Rockets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Rudy Fernandez, Denver Nuggets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
DeShawn Stevenson, Brooklyn Nets – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Damion James, Brooklyn Nets – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
C.J. Miles, Utah Jazz – $3.7 million – Unrestricted
Shannon Brown, Phoenix Suns – $3.5 million – Unrestricted
Josh Howard, Utah Jazz – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Gerald Green, Brooklyn Nets – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Terrence Williams, Sacramento Kings – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
Jodie Meeks, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Marco Belinelli, New Orleans Hornets – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
James Anderson, San Antonio Spurs – $1.5 million – Unrestricted
Matt Carroll, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.9 million – Early Termination Option ($3.5 million)
Brandon Rush, Golden State Warriors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Alonzo Gee, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Jerry Stackhouse, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Willie Green, Atlanta Hawks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Jason Kapono, Cleveland Cavaliers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Marquis Daniels, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Sasha Pavlovic, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Cory Higgins, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Anthony Parker, Cleveland Cavaliers – $2.3 million – Unrestricted
Travis Leslie, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Keith Bogans, Brooklyn Nets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Michael Redd, Phoenix Suns – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Mo Evans, Washington Wizards – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Kelenna Azubuike, Dallas Mavericks – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Bobby Simmons, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted
Morris Almond, Washington Wizards – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Alan Anderson, Toronto Raptors – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
Xavier Silas, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Cartier Martin, Washington Wizards – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Von Wafer, Orlando Magic – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #101
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Small Forward

Gerald Wallace, Brooklyn Nets – $9.5 million – Player Option ($9.5 million)
Nic Batum, Portland Trail Blazers – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Jeff Green, Boston Celtics – $4.5 million – Restricted ($7.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chase Budinger, Houston Rockets – $0.9 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
Grant Hill, Phoenix Suns – $6.5 million – Unrestricted
Sam Young, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Matt Barnes, L.A. Lakers – $1.9 million – Unrestricted
Andres Nocioni, Philadelphia 76ers – $6.7 million – Unrestricted
Anthony Tolliver, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.1 million – Unrestricted
Donte’ Greene, Sacramento Kings – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Bill Walker, New York Knicks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Devin Ebanks, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Dahntay Jones, Indiana Pacers – $2.7 million – Player Option ($2.9 million)
Jeremy Evans, Utah Jazz – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Eduardo Najera, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.8 million – Unrestricted
Derrick Brown, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Damien Wilkins, Detroit Pistons – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Dominic McGuire, Golden State Warriors – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Chris Wright, Golden State Warriors – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Trey Thompkins, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
DaJuan Summers, New Orleans Hornets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Steve Novak, New York Knicks – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Rasual Butler, Toronto Raptors – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Diamon Simpson, Houston Rockets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Jamario Moon, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
James Singleton, Washington Wizards – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
D.J. Kennedy, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #102
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Power Forward

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Michael Beasley, Minnesota Timberwolves – $6.3 million – Restricted ($8.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Kris Humphries, Brooklyn Nets – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Kenyon Martin, L.A. Clippers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Carl Landry, New Orleans Hornets – $8.5 million – Unrestricted
J.J. Hickson, Portland Trail Blazers – $2.4 million – Restricted ($3.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Elton Brand, Philadelphia 76ers – $17.1 million – Early Termination Option ($18.2 million)
Antawn Jamison, Cleveland Cavaliers – $15.1 million – Unrestricted
Shawne Williams, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.0 million – Player Option ($3.1 million)
Jason Thompson, Sacramento Kings – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Marreese Speights, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.8 million Qualifying Offer)
Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
D.J. White, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Anthony Randolph, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Renaldo Balkman, New York Knicks – $1.7 million – Unrestricted
Ronny Turiaf, Miami HEAT – $4.4 million – Unrestricted
Troy Murphy, L.A. Lakers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Boris Diaw, San Antonio Spurs – $9.0 million – Unrestricted
Chris Wilcox, Boston Celtics – $3.0 million – Unrestricted
Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Darrell Arthur, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Louis Amundson, Indiana Pacers – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
Jason Maxiell, Detroit Pistons – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.0 million)
Jordan Hill, L.A. Lakers – $2.9 million – Unrestricted
Craig Brackins, Phildelphia 76ers – $1.4 million – Unrestricted
Chris Johnson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Derrick Caracter, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cook, Washington Wizards – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Earl Clark, Orlando Magic – $1.2 million – Player Option ($1.2 million)
Luke Harangody, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Vladimir Radmanovic, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ivan Johnson, Atlanta Hawks – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Yi Jianlian, Dallas Mavericks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Vernon Macklin, Detroit Pistons – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Reggie Evans, L.A. Clippers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Juwan Howard, Miami HEAT – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Shelden Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Jared Jeffries, New York Knicks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Francisco Elson, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Lavoy Allen, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Jeremy Evans, Utah Jazz – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Lance Thomas, New Orleans Hornets – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ryan Reid, Oklahoma City Thunder – $0.5 million – Unrestricted
Sean Williams, Boston Celtics – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #103
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Center

Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
Marcus Camby, Houston Rockets – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers – $4.1 million – Unrestricted
Kwame Brown, Milwaukee Bucks – $6.8 million – Unrestricted
Aaron Gray, Toronto Raptors – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*
Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Mehmet Okur, Portland Trail Blazers – $10.9 million – Unrestricted
Greg Stiemsma, Boston Celtics – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
Hasheem Thabeet, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.1 million – Unrestricted
DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Ryan Hollins, Boston Celtics – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.7 million – Unrestricted
Eddy Curry, Miami HEAT – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million – Unrestricted
Jamaal Magloire, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Kyrylo Fesenko, Indiana Pacers – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Mickell Gladness, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Mikki Moore, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Dan Gadzuric, New York Knicks – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #104
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Thanks for the list Rameek. Here's some guy I'd be interested in. I'm taking into account our cap situation and the likelyhood of us being able to get the player.

PG
Raymond Felton- Familiarity with the city. I never was a huge fan but he's pretty steady and experienced. I also think he'll be out to redeem himself after coming into last season way out of shape.

Goran Dragic- I've got conflicting reports on what his price tag will be. If it's around the MLE, I wouldn't mind him being my pg. I wouldnt overpay for him though becauce I don't think he's that much better than Lin.

Jonny Flynn- 1.He'll be cheap 2. His stats aren't indicative of his talent. He got hurt and the T-Wolves and Rockets gave up on him before he could try and redeem himself. For whatever it's worth, his last game as a Trailblazer was very good. He'd be a solid option as a backup and I wouldn't be shocked if he could eventually crack our starting lineup.

Jerryd Bayless- I've always liked his game. He's been stuck in the shithole obsscurity of Toronto's franchise. His qualifying offer is about what I've give him.

Sundiata Gaines- I've known and played against this guy since I was in JHS. He's tough as nails. My cousin went to HS with him. He said he was dumb as bricks at Molloy book wise BUT he's a very intelligent basketbal player. Very solid with the ball and makes good decisions. I think Avery threw him and Brooks game off by having him play pg with Deron as sg. I htink he's a solid, extremely affordable option.

Ramon Sessions- I'm not even that big a fan of his but damn... he has to be the most talked about free agent on this message board lol I doubt he doesn't take that player option with LA though.

Jerome Dyson- UCONN alum. Had a very solid D-league career and when he got called up, he made the best of his opportunity. AVG about 7 points and 2 apg in like 11 mpg. Again, another young, solid backup who'll be cheap but has very good potential to be coached up into a key contributor.

AJ Price- Stats took a dip because of the Pacers roster. Can't begin to understand why they need like 6 PGs. Anyway, he'll be looking for a job and for cheap, I'd give him one. He's a big shot maker. He's an improved defender. Solid guy who ran the show at UCONN very well. I was sad to see him graduate. (In HS I saw Telfair absolutely destroy him in a tournament game). My dad and his mom are also cool. One of the nicest ladies you'll ever meet! That's gotta count for something right lol

SG
OJ Mayo- If he'd accept it, he'd be my choice for the MLE. Off the court troubles a year ago demoted him to the bench but much like Harden and Ginobili, he plays quality minutes. He's become one of the best 6th men in the league but I think he still has starter potential. He averaged 18 ppg as a rookie. He's become a very good defender. I think he could start as our sg from day one.

Nick Young- He's a more subdued version of JR Smith. His shot selection isnt as poor. He isn't as athletic but he has a little better size. If JR opts out, I'd love to have him. He's also the coolest guy that was on that Wizards team I used to visit.

Gerald Green- I've been trying to tell you guys for 3 years that this guy was a player. Glad to see my words have come true. Curious to know what his asking price is? I would love to steal him from them.

Jodie Meeks- Seems like not too log ago he had that 50+ game in Kentucky. This kid can flat out shoot the rock! If half the mid level gets him, Im in!

T Mac- for bench purposes, I like the move. For the vet min, I liek the move. We don't need him to be the old T-Mac. He has shown that he can turn the clock back in spurts on occassion. That's all we need. A few reminders here and there. Plus, he still plays very good D.

Morris Almond- Guy lights up the D-league every year and never seems to get called up. Wizards called him up. I'm curious to see if he sticks with them. For the min, I'm down.

SF
Nick Batum- Never got the credit he deserved in Portland IMO. He's very athletic. Very scrappy. Makes quality plays in key moments. I thnk he'd be a solid addition. He's another guy who's temperature on the open market is very up in the air.

Steve Novak- I'd liek to have him back, but I'm not breaking the bank for him. Let's face it, he's only good for one thing. When he's hot, he's very valuable. When he's not, he's a waste of minutes.

Bill Walker- I know some of you are surprised but I think he could contribute in this system. I think he was out of place in D'Antoni's system and by the time Woodson got a hold of him, he was injured and too far behind the 8 ball.

PF
Lavoy Allen- I became very impressed with this kid during the playoffs. He's incredibly poised and has a nice low post and mid range game. I think he'll be a solid starting pf in the future. Why not steal him now before he becomes a high commodity?

Anthony Randolph- Another guy who had no business in Mike D'Antoni's system. I think he would be solid off the bench. He brings a lot to the table.

Jordan Hill- Surprise surprise! lol I never liked his game but now the rookie contract wil have worn off. He's back down to earth. If he'll settle for a 1+ mill contract, sign me up. Good bench depth. He played well in the playoffs also.

C
Hasheem Thabeet- I've said time and time again...I don't think he's a bust quite yet. Memphis knew he was a project and they never invested the time in him to make him a quality player. I know what I saw out of him in UCONN. I was impressed. I'm willing to pay him to see what he could become. He's still only 25!

Robin Lopez- He does pretty much everything Jeffries does but he has better size and he makes his free throws!

Marcus Camby- One thing Camby will always be able to do is block people's shot. We need that. We don't have a real shot blocker on this team.

Ian Mahinmi- My guess is Dallas brings him back but if not, he's a quality big man.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #105
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ray Allen put the Knicks as one of the teams he would like to play for.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...40/2/index.htm

Thoughts?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: