Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #106
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Ray Allen put the Knicks as one of the teams he would like to play for.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...40/2/index.htm

Thoughts?
Quote:
RAY ALLEN SG Celtics

Allen's troublesome ankle caused his three-point shot to go south in the postseason (26.9%), and his relationship with Rajon Rondo has created tension in the locker room. Before the trade deadline Boston nearly moved Allen; the emergence of Avery Bradley makes him expendable.

WHO WANTS HIM

Sources say the Heat and the Knicks are at the top of Allen's list.

i think that would be a solid pickup, with his age and currently on the decline, he would be perfect off the bench, and a great compliment to lin with his ability to find catch and shoot players around the 3 (novak)

if this is the case, i can see novak expendable

can definitely give him 20-25 mins a game

and i definitely wouldnt want miami getting a hold of him
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #107
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Ray Allen put the Knicks as one of the teams he would like to play for.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...40/2/index.htm

Thoughts?
I would love to have him here but I doubt that will happen.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #108
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Knicks have become the graveyard for careers lmao

A haven for hasbeens lmao

I honestly could care less. As long as he doesn't get more than the vet minimum.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #109
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Since the mle is going to Lin, all we can hand out are vet in deals, unless he takes the BAE, and that's not alot more than vet min.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #110
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Would love to have Ray Allen but I dont think we need any old legs on the perimeter attempting to play. I'd rather have some older, veteran players as backups/reserves behind Amare & Chandler. Those guys know their roles and know what they do best, while having younger guys playing on the wing are able to play much longer and make an impact.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #111
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

so is it a given that there is no chance at all that Ryan Anderson or Illyasova could be had for what the knicks can offer? Lets say one of those guys was possible, do you take them over filling the pg position?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #112
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
so is it a given that there is no chance at all that Ryan Anderson or Illyasova could be had for what the knicks can offer? Lets say one of those guys was possible, do you take them over filling the pg position?
Yes, its definetly a given we can't get either player.

Anderson's a RFA who Orlando will match, espescially since he lowered his value with a poor Playoffs.

Ilyaosva has been rumored with deals with the Nets & other teams but he's probably going to get something that is worth more than $6 Million+.

But I wouldn't take them over keeping Jeremy Lin because its too risky to trust any of the other guys for the veteran minimum who are going to be out there to fill in as a starting PG. If Shumpert was healthy, then I'd feel different.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #113
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Veterans minimum players are hasbeens or neverbeens...

I love Ersan personally though but Ryan Anderson is a better version of Novak.

I wont complain about most additions considering how we are over the Cap.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #114
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

here are some unfortunate reality type player options at the vet minimum... feel free to add on...

Quote:
PG
Ishmael Smith, Orlando Magic $0.5 million Unrestricted*
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets $0.9 million Unrestricted*
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers $0.9 million Unrestricted*
Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder $1.2 million Unrestricted
John Lucas, Chicago Bulls $0.9 million Unrestricted
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks $1.1 million Unrestricted

SG
Gerald Green, Brooklyn Nets $0.4 million Unrestricted
Alonzo Gee, Cleveland Cavaliers $0.9 million Unrestricted*
Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs $0.9 million Unrestricted*
Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks $1.3 million Unrestricted
Willie Green, Atlanta Hawks $1.2 million Unrestricted
Michael Redd, Phoenix Suns $1.3 million Unrestricted
Von Wafer, Orlando Magic $1.0 million Unrestricted

SF
Anthony Tolliver, Minnesota Timberwolves $2.1 million Unrestricted
Derrick Brown, Charlotte Bobcats $0.9 million Unrestricted*
James Singleton, Washington Wizards $0.2 million Unrestricted

PF
Ronny Turiaf, Miami HEAT $4.4 million Unrestricted
Troy Murphy, L.A. Lakers $1.3 million Unrestricted
Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks $0.9 million Unrestricted
Vladimir Radmanovic, Atlanta Hawks $1.3 million Unrestricted

C
Aaron Gray, Toronto Raptors $2.5 million Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder $3.8 million Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls $1.9 million Unrestricted*
Greg Stiemsma, Boston Celtics $0.5 million Unrestricted*

The bolded are some dudes I wouldnt mind seeing on the roster.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #115
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Following franchize's idea.

Trying to figure out the needs of this roster.

Depth Chart:

PG:
Jeremy Lin
Toney Douglas

SG:
Iman Shumpert
JR Smith

SF:
Carmelo Anthony

PF:
Amare Stoudemire
Josh Harrellson

C:
Tyson Chandler
Jerome Jordan

Needs:

1. Big man depth- Because Jorts and Jordan have un-guaranteed contracts they aren't guaranteed to make the roster if we can find suitable replacements for them. I think we need 2 big men to fill out our roster.

Veterans Minimum:

Marcus Camby - Would Marcus Camby come back home? I think he would. This is possibly our best chance of using the veterans minimum on a contributor. Camby, throughout the last several years has been a locker room leader who kept his teams together. Not only that but he spent time with Melo & JR Smith in Denver, and he'd be a great teacher/mentor to a young 7 footer like Jerome Jordan.

Anthony Tolliver- Jeremy Lin making a power move for one of his friends? Now, I can really see this one happening because Tolliver would definetly be coming in for the minimum after 2 irrelevant seasons in Minnesota. Lets not forget 2 seasons ago he averaged 12 PPG, 7 RPG, & 2 APG for the Warriors. Hollinger describes him as a " Smart, spot-up shooting big man who hustles defensively and takes charges." Yeah, thats a perfect fit.

2. Replacement for Landry Fields - Its safe to say that Fields is going to get a good contract elswhere and he's expendable with the way he regressed last season. If he comes back then I wont have any complaints, but if he leaves I wont have any complaints either.

Bi-Annual Exception:

Martell Webster - I've always liked his potential as a player, but playing so poorly in Minnesota has definetly hurt his value. I could realistically seeing him signing here for the BAE at 2 Years, $3.9 Million. He's only 25 years old but will be entering his 8th season next year. Webster is a solid enough defender to plug in 10-20 minutes each game at SG and 10-15 minutes backing up Melo at SF. He's also been a consistently good spot shooter which would allow us a backup plan in case we need to pull JR off the floor.

3. Make a smart decision drafting a PG at #48

Scott Machado - Nothing new here, I'm firmly in support of drafting Machado as a rookie backup PG. With the way our offense is running now we need a guy who is capable of stepping in for a few minutes a night behind Jeremy Lin and making the smart pass. We can't expect that out of Toney Douglas at this point, and I'd be willing to gamble on Machado holding down our backup PG spot over a veteran.

4. Fill out bench with Low risk/High reward Free Agents

Georgios Printezis - Hes a guy who we acquired his rights in the Tyson Chandler deal, but he just capped off a great season in Europe and is looking at possibly coming to the NBA. I'm not sure how much he can make in Europe compared to the most we'd be able to offer him, but he might turn into a very good role player or be a total bust.

James Anderson - Spurs are giving up on this guy after 2 seasons of not really contributing much, but he's a guy who I really liked play in college. We're going to need someone to fill in temporarily for the absence of Iman Shumpert and it might be worth it to give this guy a shot off the bench. Nobody knows how good he could be because hes very athletic and was known as a good shooter in college, but he's played behind better guys at SG and SF in San Antonio.

Last edited by Rowe : 06-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #116
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think our cap is a cop out to not bring in talent...especially when you didn't HAVE to go out and get Tyson Chandler. There are guys out there that can be brought in for cheap. Teams like the Spurs are full of guys who are cheap. You just have to do your hw and stop taking the easy way out all the time. It's the Bibby, Baron, Harrelson, etc acquisitions that kill your team. No more scrubs. Stop signing guys based on their name and past accomplishments. Im not saying we have to go with my list, but almost every guy I listed is affordable and attainable. Im tired of making excuses for our GM. These guys, and scouts, get paid specifically to evaluate talent.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #117
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think our cap is a cop out to not bring in talent...especially when you didn't HAVE to go out and get Tyson Chandler. There are guys out there that can be brought in for cheap. Teams like the Spurs are full of guys who are cheap. You just have to do your hw and stop taking the easy way out all the time. It's the Bibby, Baron, Harrelson, etc acquisitions that kill your team. No more scrubs. Stop signing guys based on their name and past accomplishments. Im not saying we have to go with my list, but almost every guy I listed is affordable and attainable. Im tired of making excuses for our GM. These guys, and scouts, get paid specifically to evaluate talent.

you put Tracy McFreakingGrady in your wishlist
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #118
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
you put Tracy McFreakingGrady in your wishlist
First of all, it wasnt a wish list. 2nd of all, if you read my explanation, you'd know why. 3rd of all, that as one player out of tons of young guys. The only other "old guy" I mentioned was Camb.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #119
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
First of all, it wasnt a wish list. 2nd of all, if you read my explanation, you'd know why. 3rd of all, that as one player out of tons of young guys. The only other "old guy" I mentioned was Camb.

I know I know I was just kidding with you.
I actually like your list a lot
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #120
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

Thats not true though. Of course the Knicks aren't the same! Most teams draft their core or studs unlike the Knicks who buy all there players. There is no room to make moves. The Spurs are a terrible example though but your point is understood.

Last edited by Rameek : 06-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: