Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far
Default Drills or shots?

I was just wondering what you guys think is better to do. Is it better to take 200-300 shots or whatever versus doing shooting drills. Or does it even really matter? I was at the community center today and did different shooting drills for about 1.5 hours. I like the drills better because I know some fun drills that I like to do.

Also, does anyone have any good shooting drills?
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

You could alternate days between drills and just shooting.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
mamasb0i99
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mamasb0i99 has an OK reputation so far

just like shoot around at different angles and try to get your shot better from those angles. do that for a few hours a day, and you'll be a great shooter. i've been doing that for less than a month and i can hit every shot when i'im open, and i make more than 60% of my shots at my games, 3 point shots and just short jumpers. and try to memorize your form. shoot at least 200 free throws day, to help remember your form.
mamasb0i99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasb0i99
just like shoot around at different angles and try to get your shot better from those angles. do that for a few hours a day, and you'll be a great shooter. i've been doing that for less than a month and i can hit every shot when i'im open, and i make more than 60% of my shots at my games, 3 point shots and just short jumpers. and try to memorize your form. shoot at least 200 free throws day, to help remember your form.

You shoot 200 free throws a day? That's pretty impressive...
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

well ive been doing the same routine for a couple of years in the off season. 4 hours a day 4 times a week. 2 hours of bball and 2 of working out/cardio/core work/sretching and cool down.

the basketball part, in my opinion, i would do drills mostly. first off, what position are you? i could give u so much advice on what to do if u just tell me ur position. just tell me how old u are and how tall you are and what position u play. and what u want to play. i got a list for everything baisically.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
mamasb0i99

i'm a great shooter i just need ball handling skills lol
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
well ive been doing the same routine for a couple of years in the off season. 4 hours a day 4 times a week. 2 hours of bball and 2 of working out/cardio/core work/sretching and cool down.

the basketball part, in my opinion, i would do drills mostly. first off, what position are you? i could give u so much advice on what to do if u just tell me ur position. just tell me how old u are and how tall you are and what position u play. and what u want to play. i got a list for everything baisically.
i am a 1 and a 2. (a pg and sg) and i am 4'10"
Old 01-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
timmyD
I hit open layups

haha, dont worry, i know what a 1 and a 2 is.
at your height, i assume ur pretty young, so i would do a lot of drills that consist of both dribbling and shooting. what i do for a warmup is i go down and back accross the court, stopping at the elbow and shooting pull up jumpers. do it on each side 10 times. then do the same thing, but do a hesistate move (look up like ur gonna do a pull up) then go in for a drive. then do the same thing now with a spin move at the elbow. do a cross over at the elbow on each side ten times, doing the same thing as the other drills. that should be a good beggining drill. if u only got a half court just go half court from left elbow to right elbow. thoe are baisic and good. do mikan drill too, everyone needs to learn how to shoot layups. just go to google video and look up mikan drill for a demonstration. they have a lot of videos
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

hey timmyD,

im a sg and sf, 14 yrs old, 5'6

what drills sould i do to improve my game?
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
timmyD
I hit open layups

hey, i can help u guys a LOT if i can be told how i can upload a dvd to a file then get a hyper link for it, i wont youtube it cuz i dont want to get sued. i have magic fundelmentals CD i got for xmas from my grandma (lol i only watched it once) and it is really good. they do drills that i used b4 seeing the DVD, and a lot of them i have seen used by nba teams in practices and stuff. i dont know where i stuck the second CD though (ill look for it if i get instructions for the dvd stuff). i assume i have to rip it, save it, and then stick it on filefront.net

Ilballa. i would try working on doing things from the arc. always begin each drill with a slow fundemental pumpfake (shoot ur head up towards the air and dont move the ball that much, defenders rarely ever wattch the ball (ur supposed to watch theri chest. then step ACCROSS ur body to defend the ball. take one step, and do pull ups, spin moves, cross overs, hesistate moves (like i posted earlier, make 10 quality shots for each drill) do them from the left and right arc and the top of the key. when u step accross i mean, dont move ur feet when u shot fake, and if ur going to ur right, use ur LEFT leg to step accross, then pull ur right leg with u for a pull up, or keep dribbling to do the other drills. these are best for a 2 or 3.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
mamasb0i99

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
hey, i can help u guys a LOT if i can be told how i can upload a dvd to a file then get a hyper link for it, i wont youtube it cuz i dont want to get sued. i have magic fundelmentals CD i got for xmas from my grandma (lol i only watched it once) and it is really good. they do drills that i used b4 seeing the DVD, and a lot of them i have seen used by nba teams in practices and stuff. i dont know where i stuck the second CD though (ill look for it if i get instructions for the dvd stuff). i assume i have to rip it, save it, and then stick it on filefront.net

Ilballa. i would try working on doing things from the arc. always begin each drill with a slow fundemental pumpfake (shoot ur head up towards the air and dont move the ball that much, defenders rarely ever wattch the ball (ur supposed to watch theri chest. then step ACCROSS ur body to defend the ball. take one step, and do pull ups, spin moves, cross overs, hesistate moves (like i posted earlier, make 10 quality shots for each drill) do them from the left and right arc and the top of the key. when u step accross i mean, dont move ur feet when u shot fake, and if ur going to ur right, use ur LEFT leg to step accross, then pull ur right leg with u for a pull up, or keep dribbling to do the other drills. these are best for a 2 or 3.

hey timmyD, how can i make my dribbling better?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

today i shot 16-40 3FG when i was shooting by myself. is this good enough to take 3's in games?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #13
mamasb0i99

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlespyda
today i shot 16-40 3FG when i was shooting by myself. is this good enough to take 3's in games?
you should be getting about 50% by yourself at least bro...
Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #14
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

dude, i'm 11 years old. most kids my age can't even shoot a three without heaving the ball up there.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
mamasb0i99

i've seen lots of great 10-11 year old shooters around my area. just shoot alot, so you get used to the ball and it's weight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: