Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #16
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

mamsboi, you ever heard of pistol pete? hes a great dribbler. I read his sports illustrated article on how his dad made him to crzy things. one of them is dribbling outside with cloth gloves on, the ones with no grip. that would help u the most. what would also help u is to stare at a fixed object like a tree or something and think its a defender, or ur coach. i know in middle school or highschool its hard for PGs to get the play from the coach while protecting the ball. just do the pistol pete drill and make sure u NEVER look down while ur dribbling. that will help u improve the most. the BEST thing u can do right now is go to video.google.com and look up "dribbling drills" theres a list of like 20 quality drills. pick the ones u like and make sure ur routine is a little diffrent everytime to mix make sure ur brain doesnt go into a rountine.

about the three point shooting. at this point in time, i would be working about mechanics, not heaving, like u said. when the highschool coaches come to watch u play in games and they see that ur using proper mechanics, they will right that down on a little note as a reminder so they know ur good when u come into highschool.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #17
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

i didn't say I was heaving the ball. i can shoot with my normal form on 3's. I just said other kids do that.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

photobucket.com i believe you can upload videos...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #19
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Drills or shots?

if you're a short PF/C like me, try developing a solid mid range game and learn the hook shot to prevent being blocked....Im 5'8'' 20 yrs old and plays PF by the way so I know what it feels being blocked all the time....since Im pretty big for my height I use my strength and heft to execute post moves to set up my hook shot.
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #20
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlespyda
i didn't say I was heaving the ball. i can shoot with my normal form on 3's. I just said other kids do that.

If you shot 16-40 by yourself, which is 40%, then you can shoot threes in games but only if your open. Don't do any fadeaway contested three-pointers.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

yeah i have only shot 3 3's in games so i definetly make sure im open.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #22
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

today i shot 55-80 free throws, 4-10 3 pointers and i did some spot shooting plus some more stuff.

for the spot shooting i shot from about 14-15 feet from 5 different spots. i shot until i made 5 at each spot.
right baseline: 5-8
right wing: 5-9
top of the key: 5-10
left wing: 5-7
left baseline: 5-9

i usually shoot alot better from the top but i didn't today so whatever.
i also practiced a between the legs to crossover move finishing with my right and left hands. i am gonna try to drive a few times in our next tournament because i haven't done that all season. if they play a 2-3 zone im gonna try to take a j from about the charity stripe area a few times.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: