Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation
Default Games are supposed to be relaxing?

More and more I feel myself just becoming enraged with gaming (more online than off)

And not like going off the deep edge lol i just get irritated.

I think I have decided to call my gaming career quits.

Put more time into basketball, golf, school, work, reading. And start taking on more real world hobbies. I would also like to get better at cooking!

Just my thoughts.

Any1 out there also feel like gaming has become irritating and overall just not that fun? And wish to do more with your talents in the real world?

Maybe im the only one....

SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Games are supposed to be relaxing?

I stop playing games like COD online a while ago. Just not fun anymore for me. I haven't bought a COD games since MW2.

Now I mainly just play games that involve good storys/offline gameplay. My xbox at this point is mostly a tool to watch netflix.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation here

Games bring out our competitive side
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
OneBadUsername
F*CK A TITLE

OneBadUsername has an OK reputation so far

More and more kids play games each year, along with assholes whose day is made by pissing off anyone who crosses their path; which also happens on ISH.
OneBadUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The anonymity of playing a game online against strangers often brings out the inner asshole in people, which is why most of the time I just mute people whenever I can, if it's possible. That alone takes away half the frustration for me.

I've got a decent collection of games, but I'm pretty bad at sticking with one game for long periods of time. I get bored pretty quickly, so rather than carrying on playing, I just switch to another game. Variety of different types of games keeps me sticking at it and keeps my gaming fresh. MW3 is probably the only game on Xbox I play at least a couple of times a week, even though it's become pretty stale for me. The rest I alternate between.

Try playing some more with friends too. When I find MW3 or whatever game a bit boring, or frustrating, playing with a friend or a few friends makes it that much better for me. Usually because even though we're often on the same team, I want to be the best, so it adds a bit of fun competitiveness in.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i've been playing heaps of retro games lately. nes, mega drive, snes etc. so much more fun. you just pick up and play, the stories are minimal, the games load quick, you can finish some games in 1 sitting.

games today have really gone over the top with trying to be elaborate and the next big thing. sometimes less is more.

any game that has more than a 20 second cut scene aggravates me. the great thing about games with little story is that you use your imagination to fill in the blanks. mario has to save the princess or sonic has to stop dr robotnik, everything else is entirely made up in your head.

the great thing about quake or doom wasn't that you got to watch hours of cut scenes. its that you were given a premise and you acted it out.

this is why i mostly play sports and racing games now.
miller-time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only thing that really pisses me off at the moment is when people constantly spawn kill the jets in BF3. People who do that can't dog fight for shit usually.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I like a good story line sometimes.. I play SWTOR and get my dose of playing online.. I'm not really a mmorpg guy.. I like the story more than the whole rpg thing..

But sometimes, my mind doesnt want to think about all the things that go on in a story. There is alot to consider when playing some of these games especially a star wars game with a sh*tload of people & places and powers and situations.... I play more sports when I want to simply play a good game and be entertained for a minute... somethng simple and rewarding
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the challenge of online gaming. Gaming these days is pretty damn useless unless you play online, in my opinion.

Games are way too expensive to just buy for single player, thus I will be frustrating people like you for years to come.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I like the challenge of online gaming. Gaming these days is pretty damn useless unless you play online, in my opinion.

Games are way too expensive to just buy for single player, thus I will be frustrating people like you for years to come.

The problem isnt that im bad its that im good.

Thus i dont ever feel I should lose...ever. Which i know is terrible its just how i see it. So when something doesnt go my way it irritates me.

I have alrdy quit gaming.

I am far to competetive and I would like to focus more on school and put my competetive heart, effort, and time towards achieving more in the real world.

And lol @ challenge of online gaming...ppl online are morons.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
The problem isnt that im bad its that im good.

Thus i dont ever feel I should lose...ever. Which i know is terrible its just how i see it. So when something doesnt go my way it irritates me.

I have alrdy quit gaming.

I am far to competetive and I would like to focus more on school and put my competetive heart, effort, and time towards achieving more in the real world.

And lol @ challenge of online gaming...ppl online are morons.
Online gaming is a challenge, which is why people who don't like losing get frustrated. You have to adapt to new players at different skill levels and completely different styles of play. Why say it's frustrating and then laugh at someone saying it's a challenge? That's a bit...odd.

A balanced human being should be able to give all the effort and focus needed in real life while having a hobby, especially a hobby like gaming which should not have any effect on your life.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Online gaming is a challenge, which is why people who don't like losing get frustrated.

The only people who think online games are challenging and have fun playing online games are people that are bad.

Because if you are bad like 90% of the people that play online games you have no pressure or standards.

I had to be the best at every game i played. Wether it was mmorpgs or games like counter-strike i had to develop a name for myself and my clan and guild and dominate the competition.

But it has become just to much.

Its not fun being good.

I dont play to just play I play to win and HAVE to win.

And this is why....I can no longer play video games.

Being good at video games is like 1% skill and 99% logic, mechanics, and eye hand coordination.

Every1 can be "skilled" at a game. But understanding it is what sets you apart.

And when you understand a game to its full ability you understand everything that can and cant be done and why or why you didnt win...

It becomes frustrating when you analize every piece of data instead of just having fun.

Last edited by SunsCaptain : 05-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

On a side note i played the portal demo awhile ago and that was pretty fun idk about buying the full game though.

Games like this I think I would enjoy more.

I just want puzzle and thinking games I can relax to.

I am done being competitive.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #14
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
The only people who think online games are challenging and have fun playing online games are people that are bad.

Because if you are bad like 90% of the people that play online games you have no pressure or standards.
You have a f*cked up perspective on things. None of what you say is true, and the whole bit about you being so bad ass and good which is why you're frustrated, you're not fooling anyone. You are just another sore loser who can't cope with video games because you obsess over it and it takes over your personal life. You've all but said it in those words dude.

It's a great thing you're giving up video games. Bravo for being able to get rid of such a burden. I'm sure you'll make a killer omelette someday because of it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I had to be the best at every game i played. Wether it was mmorpgs or games like counter-strike i had to develop a name for myself and my clan and guild and dominate the competition.

But it has become just to much.

Its not fun being good.

I dont play to just play I play to win and HAVE to win.

And this is why....I can no longer play video games.

Being good at video games is like 1% skill and 99% logic, mechanics, and eye hand coordination.

Every1 can be "skilled" at a game. But understanding it is what sets you apart.

And when you understand a game to its full ability you understand everything that can and cant be done and why or why you didnt win...

It becomes frustrating when you analize every piece of data instead of just having fun.

eh, sounds like you are simply a sore loser with an inflated ego when it comes to your gaming skills.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: