Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 05-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default A look at how Kevin Durant's fantasy season went

Durant gets the nod in scoring, rebounding, blocks, threes and free throw percentage, while LeBron takes assists, steals and field goal percentage. Iíd say that Durantís extra 3-pointers were canceled out by LeBronís assists, and that this race is basically a dead heat. Until you look at games played.

Durant didnít miss a game in this condensed season, including down the stretch when he easily could have chilled out and kept his scoring title intact by not risking a 22-point game. LeBron missed one game with a real injury when he sat out against the Hawks way back on Jan. 5 with a sprained left ankle, and then missed three of the Heatís final four games in the regular season in order to rest for the playoffs. Iím not going to pass judgment on whether it was right or wrong for Bron to rest up on those three nights, but I will say this. There isnít a single Kevin Durant owner out there who can claim that Durant cost them a championship over the final few days of the season. And the same is simply not true for the owners of LeBron, who had to fill in the gaps with unreliable players like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green in hopes of barely hanging on without LeBron in the final week of the season. Had they played the same number of games, I would have named LeBron the Fantasy MVP.

-- RotoWorld
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board
Default Re: A look at how Kevin Durant's fantasy season went

Their Points and Rebounds are pretty much a wash.

I agree that Durant's 3 Point and Lebron's Assists cancel each other out.

Include Turnovers, and we can also say Durant's slight advantage in blocks is canceled out by Lebron's slight advantage in TOs.

So it comes down to Lebron's big advantage in Steals & FG% vs Durant's big advantage in FT% & more games played.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

Thats why as a commish I set my playoffs a week early. My finals are the week befor the end of the season. The majority of players are still playing and you only lose guys to injurys. Not resting.
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
BlackMambaTime
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlackMambaTime has an OK reputation so far

Not too bad!!
BlackMambaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: