Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #31
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
1. We weren't getting Pau.

+1
To add to this list of nimble brained Bulls fans commonly falling in love with a media story more than reality.

Melo didn't want to come here.
Wade or LeBron DID NOT want to come here, never did, and had their Miami plan since 08.
Howard doesn't want to come here at all.
Kobe didn't want to come here if Deng was traded.

Don't confuse player professionalism, with their desire to come here.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #32
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

I was trying to think of a few teams that would possibly trade for Carlos Boozer and I came up with only two. The Nets and the Magic. The Nets have a billionaire owner who's stated he's willing to spend to build a winner. Boozer played well with DWill and they are attempting to keep Deron there. Boozer rebounds well and they need that next to Brook Lopez. The Magic are desperate to bring in more talent to put next to Dwight to try to hold onto him long term and are also known for bad moves. I would try to work a three team trade with Atlanta and one of these teams to try to land us Josh Smith. Atlanta wants a center so they could move Horford to his natural position at power forward. We could send them Asik. Throw in a few fillers and I think this could work for everyone involved. Sign Hinrich. Sign Antwan Jamison for the vets minimum.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #33
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Upgrayedd has a bad reputationUpgrayedd has a bad reputationUpgrayedd has a bad reputation

That would be great too.

Noah/Asik
Taj/Jamison
Deng/Korver
Rip/Brewer
Rose/Hinrich/Lucas (I do not want to see Watson back)

The Bulls don't need Josh Smith though. Already have Luol Deng at the 3 and Taj at the 4. Jamison and Hinrich would be more than enough. I say Hinrich, Jamison, Mayo. Get rid of Korver.

Noah/Asik
Taj/Jamison
Deng/Brewer
Mayo/Rip
Rose/Hinrich/Lucas
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #34
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I was trying to think of a few teams that would possibly trade for Carlos Boozer and I came up with only two. The Nets and the Magic. The Nets have a billionaire owner who's stated he's willing to spend to build a winner. Boozer played well with DWill and they are attempting to keep Deron there. Boozer rebounds well and they need that next to Brook Lopez. The Magic are desperate to bring in more talent to put next to Dwight to try to hold onto him long term and are also known for bad moves. I would try to work a three team trade with Atlanta and one of these teams to try to land us Josh Smith. Atlanta wants a center so they could move Horford to his natural position at power forward. We could send them Asik. Throw in a few fillers and I think this could work for everyone involved. Sign Hinrich. Sign Antwan Jamison for the vets minimum.
Wait, so dump Boozer and sign a guy like Jamison?

It's not even a lateral move but I guess if the salary is cheaper...
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #35
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Oh for ****'s sake. Some of you ******* need to chill out.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #36
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Upgrayedd has a bad reputationUpgrayedd has a bad reputationUpgrayedd has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Oh for ****'s sake. Some of you ******* need to chill out.

Chill out why? If anything good came from Rose's injury this season it's that the Bulls were exposed. This team needs some serious help for Rose. He can't lead the team all by himself. No one on the Bulls besides Rose is untouchable for the right trade.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #37
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
Chill out why? If anything good came from Rose's injury this season it's that the Bulls were exposed. This team needs some serious help for Rose. He can't lead the team all by himself. No one on the Bulls besides Rose is untouchable for the right trade.

1. You're a moron.
2. We've (well I had) been saying that Rip wasn't enough help and Derrick needed more BEFORE the season.
3. He doesn't lead the team by himself. Deng & Noah are leaders as well.
4. You're a moron.
5. Exposed?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #38
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
1. You're a moron.
2. We've (well I had) been saying that Rip wasn't enough help and Derrick needed more BEFORE the season.
4. You're a moron.
5. Exposed?

I think this sums it up.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #39
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Quote:
1. You're a moron.
4. You're a moron.
5. Exposed?

1.) You're an idiot
2.) You're a tool
3.) You're a jackass
4.) You're a douche bag
5.) Kiss my ass
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
1.) You're an idiot
2.) You're a tool
3.) You're a jackass
4.) You're a douche bag
5.) Kiss my ass
He who lives in a glass house.....
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #41
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Wait, so dump Boozer and sign a guy like Jamison?

It's not even a lateral move but I guess if the salary is cheaper...

Josh Smith would be replacing Boozer in the starting lineup in the scenario that I suggested with Taj being his backup.

Antwan Jamison would be brought in as the 5th big man behind Noah, Asik, Gibson, and Smith as an experienced veteran big man who is a good rebounder and could space the floor with his outside shot. Jamison still played pretty well this past season and considering he's not getting any younger and hasn't won in a long time he wouldn't mind being on a contender contributing as a role player. Also while Luol is out in the beginning of the season he could play some SF against certain teams as well.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #42
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Josh Smith would be replacing Boozer in the starting lineup in the scenario that I suggested with Taj being his backup.

Antwan Jamison would be brought in as the 5th big man behind Noah, Asik, Gibson, and Smith as an experienced veteran big man who is a good rebounder and could space the floor with his outside shot. Jamison still played pretty well this past season and considering he's not getting any younger and hasn't won in a long time he wouldn't mind being on a contender contributing as a role player. Also while Luol is out in the beginning of the season he could play some SF against certain teams as well.

I like the idea of getting Smith. His defense, shot blocking, speed for his position, etc would be a great fit in this system.

Also, Jamison would be cool in a reserve role. I think he'd fit in well and could score in bunches off the bench.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #43
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Let these guys go:
Mike James
John Lucas III
Brian Scalabrine

I would look into bringing in some of the following:

Kirk Hinrich, Randy Foye, Delonte West, OJ Mayo, Ray Allen, Landry Fields, Nick Young, JR Smith, Shannon Brown, Gerald Green, Terrence Williams, Danny Green and Antwan Jamison.

Extend the contracts of Gibson and Asik. Time for our owner to step up and spend.

Gives us a set roster of at least:

Rose - Watson
Hamilton - Korver
Deng - Butler
Boozer - Gibson
Noah - Asik

That's 10. Giving us 4-5 open spots. Our draft pick will take one of those spots. I'd try to trade Ronnie Brewer for a shooter or an extra big.

Sign Kirk Hinrich, Danny Green and Antwan Jamison.

Giving you a lineup of:

Kirk - Watson
Hamilton - Green
Korver - Butler
Boozer - Gibson - Jamison
Noah - Asik until Rose and Deng return. Still a playoff team.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #44
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jamison is fully capable of starting at the SF spot over Korver...
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #45
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
Jamison is fully capable of starting at the SF spot over Korver...
At his age idk if he's a good option for guarding Lebron Melo and the like but I guess he would be better than Korver in that aspect.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: