Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #61
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Manny Harris was just waived by the Cavs. He's a young player who wouldn't cost us much and he looks pretty promising and still has room to improve.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #62
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

I really want the Bulls to get Courtney Lee this off-season. I also want the Bulls to amnesty Boozer too but for whatever reason the Bulls organization is in love with the guy.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #63
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

I'm going to have a hard time watching the Bulls next season if they bring back Hinrich.

He's basically the PG version of Keith Bogans right now. A horrible baskeball player. The only worst signing would be Fisher. He should've retired 3 years ago.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #64
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Maybe we should get involved in the Nets deal for Dwight Howard.

They are looking to get 1st round picks and have made Marshon Brooks available.

I'd offer the Nets a future 1st and possibly even the CHA pick in exchange for Marshon Brooks.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #65
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Gerald Green is someone we should take a look at as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #66
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Anthony Randolph is out there. If we're going into a semi-rebuild mode with dropping Watson, Korver and Brewer (possibly not matching Asik) we may want to get younger and more athletic. With Jimmy Butler getting more minutes and the drafting of Teague it seems like we're moving in that direction.

Randolph is a guy who still has huge potential. I think with him it's been the fact that he still hasn't found himself in the right situation. I think he has the most potential on the defensive side of the ball while still being a big who can handle the basketball and knock down a shot. I still think at worse he's the next Lamar Odom with the right coaching. Thibs would be the right coach for him. He's always had a lot of expectations but here he would be the 4th or 5th big and be able to learn and grow with Noah, Taj and maybe Asik also learn from Boozer, Thibs and the rest of the coaching staff.

If he comes cheap I'd really like for us to pursue him. Also Gerald Green

A bench of

Teague
Butler
Green
Gibson
(Asik) - Randolph

Is very young, very athletic and would show a lot of promise.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #67
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Shannon Brown is also available and we should certainly take a look.

He used to be a guy that just relied on his athleticism and was a good slasher, finisher and an unbelievable dunker, but you can tell that he's worked on his game and has developed a nice jumpshot including a 3-point shot as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #68
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I really want the Bulls to get Courtney Lee this off-season. I also want the Bulls to amnesty Boozer too but for whatever reason the Bulls organization is in love with the guy.

Boozer won't be amnestied for two reasons: 1. He averages 15 and 9 - there is no replacement out there for those numbers 2. While he isn't worth the money he's getting, it would be an even worse decision to pay him not to play and then pay an inferior player to take his place.

Unless someone trades for him, I think we're stuck with him for at least this season, and probably next season as well.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #69
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Maybe we should get involved in the Nets deal for Dwight Howard.

They are looking to get 1st round picks and have made Marshon Brooks available.

I'd offer the Nets a future 1st and possibly even the CHA pick in exchange for Marshon Brooks.

It's been said before: why would the Bulls help create another Big 3 in their own conference? It makes sense for the Clippers to get involved because they keep him in the East, but not much sense for us. Brooks is good, but not that good.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #70
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Boozer won't be amnestied for two reasons: 1. He averages 15 and 9 - there is no replacement out there for those numbers 2. While he isn't worth the money he's getting, it would be an even worse decision to pay him not to play and then pay an inferior player to take his place.

Unless someone trades for him, I think we're stuck with him for at least this season, and probably next season as well.

I don't see him getting amnestied either.
I mentioned a few times that I thought maybe the Nets would be willing to trade for him but that was before they traded for Joe Johnson. Seeing them make the trade for Joe Johnson confirms in my eyes that they would have traded for Boozer in a desperate attempt to keep DWill there, but we missed our opportunity possibly and let the Hawks dump Joe Johnson on the Nets.

I would hate to pay Boozer all that money and not even have him play.
At this point we either wait until we're able to find a trading partner or just hope he's consistent and actually steps up come playoff time.
Extremely important for us to make sure we keep Taj here long term.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #71
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Josh Howard is a possibility. A guy that can play SF in case Deng does miss a decent amount of time.

Josh Howard can still play. If he stays healthy which he's done reasonably well past few seasons he's a versatile guy that can bring a lot to the table.

I know we don't have a lot of money, but there's guys that can be brought in at an ok price that can contribute, keep us competitive and if Rose returns 100% next season we can still make a run.

Regardless of the seed we will be in the playoffs.
Starting lineup will be intact.
Come playoff time next season:
Rose (Hopefully healthier than he was this year)
Hamilton(Hopefully healthier than he was this year)
Deng(Hopefully healthier than he was this year)
Boozer
Noah(Hopefully healthier than he was this year)

Obviously health is the key component there but if being healthy becomes a reality thats the same lineup all of us thought could compete this year so why not next year if the health is there?

I think we're going to match Asik's offer.
We brought back Hinrich
And let's just say we sign Michael Redd and Josh Howard.
Drafted Marquis Teague and still have Jimmy Butler.

Last year's bench compared to the upcoming season.... if it looks something like that is just as good if not better.

Be patient my fellow Bulls fans. We can still make some moves. Big or small we can still improve and solidify the roster.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #72
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
It's been said before: why would the Bulls help create another Big 3 in their own conference? It makes sense for the Clippers to get involved because they keep him in the East, but not much sense for us. Brooks is good, but not that good.

While I can see where you're coming from I disagree.

I don't think we should make moves in anticipation to prevent this and that team from possibly getting this or that player. I know some teams act like that, but in my opinion it's the wrong approach.

Why prevent yourself from improving your own team just for a chance of not helping out another team.

So we don't facilitate the Dwight Howard deal... ok. Another team does and the Nets still create a great team with Howard and Williams AND we missed out on Brooks.

Bulls with Brooks are better than the Bulls without Brooks and the Nets would have still gotten Howard and improved anyway.

In summary we do what we need to do to improve.
If the Nets really have Brooks on the table for a first round pick (which I doubt) they will get it from somewhere so the Bulls might as well take advantage and have it be them.

If that would be the reason they got Dwight so be it. If not through us the Nets would get it from another team and have Dwight anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #73
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
While I can see where you're coming from I disagree.

I don't think we should make moves in anticipation to prevent this and that team from possibly getting this or that player. I know some teams act like that, but in my opinion it's the wrong approach.

Why prevent yourself from improving your own team just for a chance of not helping out another team.

So we don't facilitate the Dwight Howard deal... ok. Another team does and the Nets still create a great team with Howard and Williams AND we missed out on Brooks.

Bulls with Brooks are better than the Bulls without Brooks and the Nets would have still gotten Howard and improved anyway.

In summary we do what we need to do to improve.
If the Nets really have Brooks on the table for a first round pick (which I doubt) they will get it from somewhere so the Bulls might as well take advantage and have it be them.

If that would be the reason they got Dwight so be it. If not through us the Nets would get it from another team and have Dwight anyway.

Do you really think Brooks is the guy that will get us over the hump? A guy who got hurt his rookie season after shooting under 43% from the field, 31% from the 3-point line, and only averaged 12.6 points in 30 minutes/game? His defense isn't bad, but I don't see him as the difference between losing to the Heat and beating them. And if he doesn't give us that edge, how would we be able to beat both the Heat and Nets?

I realize that doing nothing does us no good if Dwight actually does sign with the Nets, but giving up a valuable 1st rounder is a big risk.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #74
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Do you really think Brooks is the guy that will get us over the hump? A guy who got hurt his rookie season after shooting under 43% from the field, 31% from the 3-point line, and only averaged 12.6 points in 30 minutes/game? His defense isn't bad, but I don't see him as the difference between losing to the Heat and beating them. And if he doesn't give us that edge, how would we be able to beat both the Heat and Nets?

I realize that doing nothing does us no good if Dwight actually does sign with the Nets, but giving up a valuable 1st rounder is a big risk.

Do I KNOW that Brooks could be the difference? No. But I THINK he could be. A 1st rounder could end up being valuable or it could end up not being valuable. 1st round picks aren't givens by any means and I would trade a 1st rounder for a player that's already proven himself in the NBA anyway even if it was just his rookie year. He still has a lot of potential and room to grow. Our coaching staff and Thibs in particular would do wonders for Marshon's game. He has a lot of potential on both ends of the floor. What he can do for sure is score the basketball in a variety of ways. He would become more efficient simply by being surrounded by our roster. A lineup of Rose-Brooks-Deng-Boozer-Noah looks very good. Or still start RIP and have Brooks be the primary scorer for the second unit which we've needed and that could be a role he'd thrive in. He could very well be one of the best 6th men in the league as soon as next year in my opinion. I think your underrating his game.

Do I think he's the clear-cut top choice to make us a champion? No not by any means.

But I do believe that if the news of him being shopped for a 1st round pick is true that it would be the best move we might be able to make right now.

It would make a lot of sense both financially and basketball wise if all it would cost to get Brooks was a future 1st. I think he's well worth that. With that being said I doubt the Nets really are shopping him just for a 1st. If he's traded for a 1st round pick and it's not to the Bulls I really would be disappointed.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #75
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Martell Webster was waived. I wouldn't mind picking him up for the right price. Good size for a SF and can shoot the basketball.

Anyone have any recent updates on whether or not Deng will get the surgery or not?

If he does... who will start at SF for us?

Anyone think Brewer will be back on a cheaper deal?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: