Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 AM   #31
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Default Re: If we are drafting a big at #9

I like Henson a lot more than T.Jones...

Part of me wants to take Perry, because he could literally be such a unique and freaky beast of a player, but I think henson might be the safest along side Monroe... hmm

I think Perry with some great coaching / mentoring could work, Ben wallace would be perfect for this...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #32
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still have mixed feelings on Jones. He definitely has the most potential at where the Pistons are drafting. I really question whether he has a genuine love for the game though. Without that he'll never end up being that good of a player. I really want to see what happens in his workouts. He's a freak of nature athlete. We need to see if he has the drive and determination though.

Besides Jones, I see Zeller and Henson being right there on the board for Detroit.

Looking at a roster with either one of those 3, they'd really need to step up for Detroit to be good next season. We still need another move. We also need guys like Daye and Jerebko to be better. I'd really like to see BG and Charlie gone. They're just killing minutes for others who are the future. I'm very disappointed we couldn't have been a bit worse this season and had a much better pick. I'm one of the people upset at Detroit for trying to win a few extra games. That's not going to win us championships. It doesn't make the rebuilding process go faster.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #33
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Yeah mate, us winning too many games is the difference between say Drummond, and perry jones. Or even Robinson, and henson...

I am quite confident that Perry will be off the board by #9 as i think during his workouts he is going to absolutely dominate, he has a very sexy game and by himself will just about look the best out of anyone...

I wish we had 2 picks in the lottery like the blazers. That would just about set our franchise up. #6 + 2nd rounder for #4 to grab MKG, and pick #11 gran henson... Dreaming...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #34
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The reason I would love two !st rounders in this draft is you know one of them would turn out to be something if you did your homework. This draft is deep. THere's a lot of bigs who will help teams. It's just being able to find them and hope they fall to your team. I'm crossing my fingers again..... without seeing workouts I'm concerned a bit this year though...

With that said I disagree with people who want to trade down and give up other picks for someone like Houstons. That's just not smart. I saw in the Pistons mailbag someone willing to give up half of the team for Houstons picks. They must be on crack. Unless you can get something legit and picks, it's never good to trade down.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: