Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #31
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default Re: Post pics / videos of the 2011/12 Memphis Grizzlies flopping here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
I saw a couple last night, but nothing that you wouldn't see from any other team in the league.

I think that, when you start becoming too big of a homer, you start missing things that are right in front of your face. I try to avoid this with the Lakers by acknowledging that Kobe's "hero ball," Bynum's immaturity and Gasol's softness hurt the team more than the opposition. It is absolutely delusional to pretend that the Clippers don't flop more and more egregiously than any team in the league. It's just...dude, your fvcking team flops. Accept it. I didn't defend Fisher's flops by saying, "LOOK AT MANU, HE'S EVEN WORSE!!!" No. I saw it, was annoyed by it, hated when Fisher did it, and moved on.
Funny is I used to respect him a lot as a poster especially a fan from an underdog team where small market fans like me can relate to.

However, everything changed when they got Paul. I'm no expert, but I think CF86 thought that just because the former joke of the league became good, people would rally with him and the clippers become the darling of the league against the Lakers and Miamis.

Of course, with Paul's and Griffin's excessive and shameless flopping, everybody just started hating. I think it got him to a "you (clippers) and me (CF86) against the world" mentality and started becoming really defensive / homerish with his team.

Back during the Cassell/Brand/Kaman days, the clippers were actually good too and were even better than the Lakers for some stretches. During their playoff run everybody was rooting for them. How can you hate on Cassell and Brand? Those guys are just awesome. People aren't hating because they're jealous, they're hating because they don't like this team's antics.

If people hate because of jealousy, you would think Tim Duncan would have a ton of haters
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: