Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default If it happens- Should the Thunder be favoured in a series over the Spurs?

Spurs have been on fire since their 13-9 start
3 10 game win streaks in a row
won 2 out of 3 vs the Thunder in the regular season
Spurs would have homecourt

Should OKC be favoured and do you expect them to win? if this series does happen which plenty think it will.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If it happens- Should the Thunder be favoured in a series over the Spurs?

How can anybody say a team is favored over the Spurs? The Spurs are litteraly dominating currently, and each remaining team in the playoffs would have a hard time against them. Westbrook won't stomp Tony Parker like he did Jason Kidd and the Spurs are playing like it's their last chance to win a title with Tim Duncan. I stated earlier that this year will be LeBrons year to win it all, but I am having second thoughts. The Spurs are in the category too.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If it happens- Should the Thunder be favoured in a series over the Spurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
How can anybody say a team is favored over the Spurs? The Spurs are litteraly dominating currently, and each remaining team in the playoffs would have a hard time against them. Westbrook won't stomp Tony Parker like he did Jason Kidd and the Spurs are playing like it's their last chance to win a title with Tim Duncan. I stated earlier that this year will be LeBrons year to win it all, but I am having second thoughts. The Spurs are in the category too.

Because teams with superstar players normally are favoured over teams who have all-stars and good supporting cast. Wether that is right or wrong I don't know.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Because teams with superstar players normally are favoured over teams who have all-stars and good supporting cast. Wether that is right or wrong I don't know.

I can see that too. All the ESPN analysts are going to say that OKC is too fast and young for the Spurs. Everybody knows that, but I don't think it's right to exclude them simply because of their age. Dallas had a great series with OKC. A couple of different bounces, and the series could have been easily tied 2-2. The Spurs are different though. Tony Parker is 10 years younger than Jason Kidd, and the reason OKC was able to win was because of Westbrook nailing open jumper after open jumper. I don't see him getting those shots with Parker on him. OKC and SA would be a great series, and I would reckon to say that SA would win in 6.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

The panelists would probably be 50/50. But the Spurs are the veteran team with more playoff experience, I think OKC will make those little mistakes that ultimately cost them the series with the game on the line. But who knows> Anything can happen.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

The thunder are like the new spurs. Not saying they will win 3 titles but if theyre healthy I wouldnt bet against them.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Anaximandro1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Anaximandro1 has an OK reputation so far

Anything can happen in the playoffs,but...

-The Spurs have won five of its last six games against the Thunder

-Spurs would have HCA

-The Spurs have won 25 of their last 27 games and the point differential is off the charts (+13.5 ppg)

Quote:
Scoring Average 108.0 ppg

Average Points Allowed 94.5 ppg
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far

The Spurs are a better team than the Thunder. This series would go to 6 or 7 but I believe in order for the Thunder to win they would have to run an incredibly efficient offense for all 48 minutes (with both Durant and Westbrook) both having huge games) and be able to close properly, which the Thunder seem to have trouble doing recently. If there is any team in the league that can exploit the Thunder's flaws, it's the Spurs.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

The real question is do the lakers beat the spurs in 6 or make it a quick series and do it in 5?
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
The panelists would probably be 50/50. But the Spurs are the veteran team with more playoff experience, I think OKC will make those little mistakes that ultimately cost them the series with the game on the line. But who knows> Anything can happen.

Did we watch a different Thunder team against the Mavs? I know Dallas isn't as good as San Antonio, but they were a veteran playoff tested team. Yet, it was the Thunder who found a way to come from behind and win three close games, not the defending champs.

As for the OP, no, I do not think the Thunder should be favored over the Spurs. They beat us 2 out of 3 and those two wins were in impressive fashion. Right now the Spurs are playing better basketball than anyone else in the NBA. Now, if they struggle some in the second round, and OKC handles the Lakers with relative ease, then I may change my mind. But for now, if both teams make the WCF, I think the Spurs should be the favorites.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Artillery
Decent college freshman

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
The real question is do the lakers beat the spurs in 6 or make it a quick series and do it in 5?

Topic's about Spurs vs OKC, brah. Lakers are irrelevant this year.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

LMFAO has decent reputationLMFAO has decent reputation

Quote:
do you mean the Thunder take the Lakers in 5 or 6 cause I was think 4. I love that the media and baskatards everywhere are ignoring the Spurs. My bookie has got his ass kicked and I am getting a nice used car for my 17 y/o son. Life is good. Just ready for the next series and waiting to see what stupid lines the idiots in Vegas come out with.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
LBJDW305
Local High School Star

LBJDW305 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lakers won't beat OKC....Lakers are still in the first round game 6 against the starless nuggets
LBJDW305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

It's down the middle. Neither team will be considered the "Underdog." Unless OKC sweeps the Lakers of course.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: