Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Future is bleak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
If the raptors were the same situation that the blazers were in, I dont think anyone would be calling out management or anyone else in the organization. Bad luck doesnt take away all the good that the blazers did in drafting/developing such a talented team.

And you are fooling yourself if you dont think management couldnt have done more to secure a top pick.

What could management have done better? Stop acting like a dumb sheep and think for yourself. Could management have forced Casey to play a lineup of Bayless, Derozan, Johnson, Davis, and Gray for 48 minutes each night? They basically threw the last 10 games of the season but we got a couple fluke wins against Philly and Boston off the backs of some d-leaguers who were playing hard for another contract. We went from what could've been 3rd worst to 8th worst because of those wins. If your dream was to get Anthony Davis well then wake up, nobody was going to out-tank Charlotte and they'll still be the worst team in the league next year even with Unibrow.

For the last time. Stop bitching because we finished 8th worst. A lot of teams just flatout sucked this year. If we trade our pick and trade for some scrub like Amare then you would all have a point but you are all whining over baseless conjectures of the Raptors trading their pick. Where the hell is your source over something so stupid?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
The retool I believe BC is working on.

Sign a pretty good pg. Probably Ray Felton
Trade Jose and AB for Amare Stat.
Trade our first rounder and Ed Davis for Wilson Chandler.
Sign Barbosa

Next years lineup

Ray Felton
Demar
Wilson Chandler
Amare
Val

Bench
Amir
Barbosa
Bayless
Gray
JJ
Kleiza

That's good for 8th place, a first-round exit and one injury away from screwing us for the next few years.

I don't like anything you just said.

Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #18
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Whatever future the raps have will be largely on the shoulders of how good Val turns out. If he can become an all-star in the next 3 years then things may well look up with other teams aging.

I look at it this way. Just draft the best player available. If we are in the 8 spot they will take Jeremy Lamb. It won't put us in the playoffs next year and that's O.K.

By adding Val and Lamb you get two twenty year olds with upside, they know how to play, have high basketball IQ's and strong fundamentals.
I feel like Ed Davis is probably going to get traded, maybe with their second round draft pick for a future first rounder in next years draft. That would stop the logjam up front. I'd be tempted to hold off on any major free-agent signings until next summer. Another top 6 pick, and maybe a mid-first rounder for Davis, plus a free-agent.

Your roster is deep.
Calderon bayless
Lamb Derozen/ Bayless
Derozen James Johnson/ Kleiza
Bargs Amir James Johnson/Kleiza
Valunc. Amir Gray

2 First round picks in next years draft plus cap room to sign a free-agent.
Calderon would be coming off the books next summer and if retained would be the ideal back-up.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #19
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
What could management have done better? Stop acting like a dumb sheep and think for yourself. Could management have forced Casey to play a lineup of Bayless, Derozan, Johnson, Davis, and Gray for 48 minutes each night? They basically threw the last 10 games of the season but we got a couple fluke wins against Philly and Boston off the backs of some d-leaguers who were playing hard for another contract. We went from what could've been 3rd worst to 8th worst because of those wins. If your dream was to get Anthony Davis well then wake up, nobody was going to out-tank Charlotte and they'll still be the worst team in the league next year even with Unibrow.

For the last time. Stop bitching because we finished 8th worst. A lot of teams just flatout sucked this year. If we trade our pick and trade for some scrub like Amare then you would all have a point but you are all whining over baseless conjectures of the Raptors trading their pick. Where the hell is your source over something so stupid?

Nice, resorting to insults always makes you look like you know what you are talking about. So what you are saying is the raptors are not in this position because of calderon, a.johnson, kleiza or someother useless vet who makes this team a treadmill. Who they couldnt trade earlier on in the season?

No the raptors are here because of scrubs like uzoh and anderson scoring more the 10 points in 2 games? Really? So let me understand your reasoning, if those two were here over lets say calderon, a.johnson and kleiza, raps would be in same position as they are today? And I am the one who doesnt know what hes talking about? I am acting like a dumb sheep?

You need to take a look at yourself and re-examine whatever the hell you are trying to say.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #20
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Nice, resorting to insults always makes you look like you know what you are talking about. So what you are saying is the raptors are not in this position because of calderon, a.johnson, kleiza or someother useless vet who makes this team a treadmill. Who they couldnt trade earlier on in the season?

No the raptors are here because of scrubs like uzoh and anderson scoring more the 10 points in 2 games? Really? So let me understand your reasoning, if those two were here over lets say calderon, a.johnson and kleiza, raps would be in same position as they are today? And I am the one who doesnt know what hes talking about? I am acting like a dumb sheep?

You need to take a look at yourself and re-examine whatever the hell you are trying to say.

But if we lost, the games we weren't supposed to win with D-leaguers in our line up no one would be complaining.
kmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:

Who was calling us and offering picks and cash for Kleiza, Calderon, and A.Johnson? The only 'asset' we had, Barbosa, was traded mid-season for picks. That's about all you could ask for. Think about this logically. Nobody on this forum likes ANYBODY on our roster. Why would anybody else in the NBA covet them? Who are we going to unload these contracts onto?

What was Casey supposed to do then with these players? Bench them for no reason? Why should the players be punished just because the team is in a bad rut? You guys act like this is NBA2K and you can just trade players away on the drop of a dime and do whatever you want with minutes. Again, were 3-7 in our last 10 with d-leaguers starting. You guys also seem to have crystal balls that dictate that BC wants to put out a mediocre product and not actually build long-term. If that was actually what BC wanted then Bargnani wouldn't have missed so many games over a calf strain and we would have at least 30 wins. But since you guys seem to know everything why don't you take that crystal ball you keep staring at and win the actual lottery a few dozen times so you can buy the team and do whatever you want with it? Isn't that easier than sitting here and moaning?

Edit: I can't find the long post I wrote about you guys wanting to have your own cake and eating it too so I'll just summarize it here again. You guys kept whining throughout the season that guys like Calderon, Kleiza, Barbosa, and Amir Johnson were getting playing time and taking minutes away from some of the younger guys all the meanwhile picking up meaninless wins. Well if we ONLY played guys like Bayless and Davis one of two things would happen:

They would play really well because youth = quality for whatever reason on this board and we would have EVEN MORE wins this season, putting us further down the draftboard which would induce even more whining and 'threats' on message boards about leaving raptorland to go pursue a frontrunner.

Or they would play mediocre LIKE THE GUYS WE HAVE STARTING and prove, like Derozan, that they aren't part of the long-term core. Regardless, our record would probably still look identical to what it is now due to the odd game where Bayless gets hot from the field and throws in 30 once every few games.

Either way, our record wouldn't be better or worse than it is now and the essays of complaining that you all wrote was actually only 10 minutes per game additional for Davis and Bayless who average 23 or so mpg.

All this, combined with what I wrote earlier about nobody wanting our players leads me to think that you are all living in some weird fantasy land where you hate our players but think everybody else loves them and would gladly offer first and second rounders for them so we could magically out-tank Charlotte and snag Unibrow.

Last edited by Prodigy : 05-11-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #22
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Who was calling us and offering picks and cash for Kleiza, Calderon, and A.Johnson? The only 'asset' we had, Barbosa, was traded mid-season for picks. That's about all you could ask for. Think about this logically. Nobody on this forum likes ANYBODY on our roster. Why would anybody else in the NBA covet them? Who are we going to unload these contracts onto?

What was Casey supposed to do then with these players? Bench them for no reason? Why should the players be punished just because the team is in a bad rut? You guys act like this is NBA2K and you can just trade players away on the drop of a dime and do whatever you want with minutes. Again, were 3-7 in our last 10 with d-leaguers starting. You guys also seem to have crystal balls that dictate that BC wants to put out a mediocre product and not actually build long-term. If that was actually what BC wanted then Bargnani wouldn't have missed so many games over a calf strain and we would have at least 30 wins. But since you guys seem to know everything why don't you take that crystal ball you keep staring at and win the actual lottery a few dozen times so you can buy the team and do whatever you want with it? Isn't that easier than sitting here and moaning?

Edit: I can't find the long post I wrote about you guys wanting to have your own cake and eating it too so I'll just summarize it here again. You guys kept whining throughout the season that guys like Calderon, Kleiza, Barbosa, and Amir Johnson were getting playing time and taking minutes away from some of the younger guys all the meanwhile picking up meaninless wins. Well if we ONLY played guys like Bayless and Davis one of two things would happen:

They would play really well because youth = quality for whatever reason on this board and we would have EVEN MORE wins this season, putting us further down the draftboard which would induce even more whining and 'threats' on message boards about leaving raptorland to go pursue a frontrunner.

Or they would play mediocre LIKE THE GUYS WE HAVE STARTING and prove, like Derozan, that they aren't part of the long-term core. Regardless, our record would probably still look identical to what it is now due to the odd game where Bayless gets hot from the field and throws in 30 once every few games.

Either way, our record wouldn't be better or worse than it is now and the essays of complaining that you all wrote was actually only 10 minutes per game additional for Davis and Bayless who average 23 or so mpg.

All this, combined with what I wrote earlier about nobody wanting our players leads me to think that you are all living in some weird fantasy land where you hate our players but think everybody else loves them and would gladly offer first and second rounders for them so we could magically out-tank Charlotte and snag Unibrow.

The idea of trading for Amare is pure conjecture, but based on BC's track record with this team. The problem with the organization is that they chose to play veterans over developing the young talent (which was their stated purpose before the season, that and securing a high pick - BC and Casey's words not mine). Instead they played Davis sparingly, they played bayless substantially only when Jose was injured, gary forbes only played when there were injuries and they didn't play Alabi at all (granted he may not be able to play, but we will never know; the only game he did get into he had 19 reb and 3 blk's). Etc, etc.

The so-called d-league scrubs were called on because there was no other choice (jose and bayless injured) and they turned out to be better than some of the roster guys so they were played. Why not continue with forbes at pg? Because we didn't have a chance to win with him. Anderson is a 30+ year old NBA vet who may have last played in the D league but has no place on this team in the future. Why was he starting? It wasn't because the team was trying to tank, it was because he was older and new how to play defence. Casey should have been starting Alabi, Davis, JJ, Derozan and Forbes down the stretch. That youth we were trying to develop.

If it turns out that the youth turned into good players that won games, so be it. At least they will have gotten half their goal accomplished.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think they could. You forget how pathetic the East is.

Yes it's pathetic... but so pathetic that a team whose go-to player is Andrea Bargnani could make the playoffs? I just can't see it. And I also doubt that Colangelo can get any player of anywhere near current all-star calibre to the team this year, and that he could add so many decent pieces that the team might get Nuggets or Sixers style strength in depth.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

what a stupid post. Really shows the rest of the people on here how much you know about the NBA and the Raptors.

yes, we were just unlucky that our players sucked. We were just unlucky that our management decided to accumulate all these scrubs on our team and in turn they did not have a winning record. The management has no blame in this. We should only blame our luck.

here is a suggestion for you. Write the word Luck on a piece of paper. Change the L with a F. And then add a You.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
what a stupid post. Really shows the rest of the people on here how much you know about the NBA and the Raptors.

yes, we were just unlucky that our players sucked. We were just unlucky that our management decided to accumulate all these scrubs on our team and in turn they did not have a winning record. The management has no blame in this. We should only blame our luck.

here is a suggestion for you. Write the word Luck on a piece of paper. Change the L with a F. And then add a You.

Where in my post did I say that this whole season ended badly only on luck? When I was referring to luck I was saying that it requires lots of luck to build a legit contender and I stand by that statement.

Learn to read you piece of shit.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Unfortunately with the way that this league has been going, it has been screwing over basically any chance of the smaller teams to get better. Stacking teams has become the new "thing" and it seems that it doesn't help anyone else out. You might be lucky and do something like OKC did with drafting the right players but I think, if that was to happen with the Raps, it should have started in that 2006 draft.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Unfortunately with the way that this league has been going, it has been screwing over basically any chance of the smaller teams to get better. Stacking teams has become the new "thing" and it seems that it doesn't help anyone else out. You might be lucky and do something like OKC did with drafting the right players but I think, if that was to happen with the Raps, it should have started in that 2006 draft.

Well it's not like we're going to be any good any time soon. BC and Casey are only on board until the end of next year so even if the team isn't in a better position by the end of the 2013 season we can get rid of them like you all want.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #28
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Who wants to get rid of Casey?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #29
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

He's the only positive from this season.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

Great coaches are hard to find. Luckily raps have one.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: