Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,166
Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Lol, i switched channel at the end of the 3rd because the game was done... And here we go.
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #32
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,166
Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Can't believe it!

What a game!!!
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,166
Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

I feel sorry for Siskauskas, he's one of my favourite players ever but that ball must have been boiling hot
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #34
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Like I said, beating Panionios by 42 points was the omen......

This Olympiacos is the most unbelievable team ever.

Teodosic and Siska..........what can you say. Great players, two of my favorites ever, but they showed their true stripes.

Teodosic did his usual go nuts and lose his mind act and Siska once again blew the free throws that could have iced a huge championship.

These guys have got be sick right now.

The CSKA fans - the looks on their faces, it felt like a suicide watch was on.

Sloukas, Mantzaris, Papanikoloau...............these guys have the magic. Greek basketball will be unbelievable in the future.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Papanikolau deserved final four MVP more than Spanoulis . Only players in CSKA that deserve a mention are Teodosic and Kirilenko . I think that Teodosic was supoused to shoot last fts and not Siskauskas but who cares aboute what ifs , Oly deserved to be Euroleague champion . Congratulation to doctor and proffesor of basketball Dusan Ivkovic , the best coach in Europe
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #36
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Simply amazing



Poor Siskauskas, he's not going to sleep well in a long time
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Papanikolau deserved final four MVP more than Spanoulis . Only players in CSKA that deserve a mention are Teodosic and Kirilenko . I think that Teodosic was supoused to shoot last fts and not Siskauskas but who cares aboute what ifs , Oly deserved to be Euroleague champion . Congratulation to doctor and proffesor of basketball Dusan Ivkovic , the best coach in Europe

Kirilenko, Siska, Teodosic, and Krstic all choked the game away. Each one of them made several incredibly stupid and ridiculous plays down the stretch.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #38
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

CSKA should fire Kazlauskas and get Obradovic for next season . I dont see anyone beating then if that happens .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #39
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
CSKA should fire Kazlauskas and get Obradovic for next season . I dont see anyone beating then if that happens .

Supposedly Real wants Obradovic too. And supposedly Messina is thinking about coming back to Euroleague.

I never liked Kazlauskas. He almost destroyed Greece's national team. The Greek national team is still trying to recover from him.

He took this team:

Spanoulis/Calathes
Zisis/Perperoglou
Diamantidis/Printezis
Fotsis/Tsartsaris/Kaimakoglou
Bourousis/Schortsanitis/Vougioukas

To ELEVENTH PLACE at FIBA World Cup. Just think about that. The strongest roster in the whole tournament and they ended up in 11th place, and I think it was almost all due to his bad coaching.

I think even with Zouros they would have won the gold medal.

I just don't trust Kazlauskas. This was another one of his gems.

I'm not sure about them bringing in Obradovic though, because he needs a while to get his system implemented. Ivkovic didn't have his system implemented last year very well in Olympiacos.

Look at the result. The team that had by far the biggest budget in Europe, had poor results, all things considered, even accounting for the injuries to their 3 main players.

Obradovic is so particular about his system and players. I honestly think it might take a year to get it implemented right. Of course, he could just not make changes and do better than Kazlauskas.

But, the one thing I've never liked about Obradovic is how he handles adjustments during games. He is the master at planning a strategy before games, and making adjustments during a series, but his in-game adjustments have always been lacking.

I'm not sure if he would have reacted any better than Kazlauskas did during that run. However, I think he would have benched Teodosic during the 4th quarter, when he got out of control. Kazlauskas does not seem to have the guts to do stuff like that.

It's the same thing that happened with Greece NT in 2010. Everything just fell apart within the team because Kazlauskas would not act as the controlling authority within the team. He basically let Diamantidis take over, and didn't act as the coach should.

Basically, in the final, Teodosic acted as the coach of the team, and he lost his mind in the second half. As a coach you can't allow that, no matter how good your point guard is.

I just think of how Giannakis and Ivkovic handled Teodosic. As soon as he started to get out of control, they sent him to the bench. If he stayed playing that way after he came back in the game, he was benched again and didn't play again.

That's how you ave to handle that. And under those coaches, Teodosic was clearly at his best. They made him focus and behave a certain way, controlling his personality. Kazlauskas failed to do so in the final.

So yeah, I don't think they need someone like Obradovic, they just need a strict coach with a personality to have control over the team and to be able to keep Teodosic more focused.

Personally, if I was CSKA, I would think hard about getting Bartzokas as the coach. He's an exceptional young coach and is totally under the radar in Europe. Ivkovic even said recently that he is the most talented coach of the next generation. The guy was a miracle worker with Maroussi.

Last edited by Euroleague : 05-14-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Supposedly Real wants Obradovic too. And supposedly Messina is thinking about coming back to Euroleague.

I never liked Kazlauskas. He almost destroyed Greece's national team. The Greek national team is still trying to recover from him.

He took this team:

Spanoulis/Calathes
Zisis/Perperoglou
Diamantidis/Printezis
Fotsis/Tsartsaris/Kaimakoglou
Bourousis/Schortsanitis/Vougioukas

To ELEVENTH PLACE at FIBA World Cup. Just think about that. The strongest roster in the whole tournament and they ended up in 11th place, and I think it was almost all due to his bad coaching.

I think even with Zouros they would have won the gold medal.

I just don't trust Kazlauskas. This was another one of his gems.

I'm not sure about them bringing in Obradovic though, because he needs a while to get his system implemented. Ivkovic didn't have his system implemented last year very well in Olympiacos.

Look at the result. The team that had by far the biggest budget in Europe, had poor results, all things considered, even accounting for the injuries to their 3 main players.

Obradovic is so particular about his system and players. I honestly think it might take a year to get it implemented right. Of course, he could just not make changes and do better than Kazlauskas.

But, the one thing I've never liked about Obradovic is how he handles adjustments during games. He is the master at planning a strategy before games, and making adjustments during a series, but his in-game adjustments have always been lacking.

I'm not sure if he would have reacted any better than Kazlauskas did during that run. However, I think he would have benched Teodosic during the 4th quarter, when he got out of control. Kazlauskas does not seem to have the guts to do stuff like that.

It's the same thing that happened with Greece NT in 2010. Everything just fell apart within the team because Kazlauskas would not act as the controlling authority within the team. He basically let Diamantidis take over, and didn't act as the coach should.

Basically, in the final, Teodosic acted as the coach of the team, and he lost his mind in the second half. As a coach you can't allow that, no matter how good your point guard is.

I just think of how Giannakis and Ivkovic handled Teodosic. As soon as he started to get out of control, they sent him to the bench. If he stayed playing that way after he came back in the game, he was benched again and didn't play again.

That's how you ave to handle that. And under those coaches, Teodosic was clearly at his best. They made him focus and behave a certain way, controlling his personality. Kazlauskas failed to do so in the final.

So yeah, I don't think they need someone like Obradovic, they just need a strict coach with a personality to have control over the team and to be able to keep Teodosic more focused.

Personally, if I was CSKA, I would think hard about getting Bartzokas as the coach. He's an exceptional young coach and is totally under the radar in Europe. Ivkovic even said recently that he is the most talented coach of the next generation. The guy was a miracle worker with Maroussi.
I thought Real was happy with Laso , he got them the cup and if he wins Endesa league he will probably stay as their coach . I dont like Messina , I think he is overrated and I also dont like him because he didnt let Velickovic play in Real . I dont know if you noticed but during TO when CSKA was leading Kazlauskas was celebrating like they already won . What do you think aboute Vujosevic coming to CSKA again ? I know that he was bad last season but he had worse team than CSKA has now and I cant see any coach not reaching F4 with this CSKA team .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #41
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
I thought Real was happy with Laso , he got them the cup and if he wins Endesa league he will probably stay as their coach . I dont like Messina , I think he is overrated and I also dont like him because he didnt let Velickovic play in Real . I dont know if you noticed but during TO when CSKA was leading Kazlauskas was celebrating like they already won . What do you think aboute Vujosevic coming to CSKA again ? I know that he was bad last season but he had worse team than CSKA has now and I cant see any coach not reaching F4 with this CSKA team .

Vujosevic is a good coach obviously, but the problem is that he can't speak English fluently. So he does not fit to CSKA, where all the team is managed in English.

Yeah, Messina is really overrated. In USA, they are all calling him, "best European coach ever". Typical NBA hype machine BS.

About Obradovic, the speculation in Greece is that he is going to Barca next year.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #42
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,285
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Vujosevic is a good coach obviously, but the problem is that he can't speak English fluently. So he does not fit to CSKA, where all the team is managed in English.

Yeah, Messina is really overrated. In USA, they are all calling him, "best European coach ever". Typical NBA hype machine BS.

About Obradovic, the speculation in Greece is that he is going to Barca next year.
I heard that DD will come to Barca too . So Pasqual will leav ? I dont like him too because he started writting books after he won EL and acting like he is the best coach in Europe . What will happen to PAO now ?
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #43
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

I don't see Pascual leaving unless he doesn't make the Finals.

I'd fire him though. Barcelona should play better than they do with the roster they have.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #44
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
I heard that DD will come to Barca too . So Pasqual will leav ? I dont like him too because he started writting books after he won EL and acting like he is the best coach in Europe . What will happen to PAO now ?

PAO is having another budget cut next year from 24 million euros to 20 million euros.

That means that one of Diamantidis, Obradovic, or Batiste will be gone from the team. Batiste is a free agent. The other two are still under contract.

Obradovic and Diamantidis will still be retained under that new budget and are still under contract.

The problem is that Obradovic is starting to bitch and moan and complain that budget "isn't enough" for his "standards".

Already the speculation is about him going to Barca, because they have a 25 million budget.

Remember, Obradovic was used to those days when PAO had budgets anywhere from 25-35 million euros. Even this year, the "cheap team" had a 24 million budget.

So I guess he is just really overboard with his demands.

Anyway, I guess Diamantidis leaving would be final proof of just what a colossal douche bag he really is. Not being able to play with any other coach, except the one that babies him.

I can tell you right now, Diamantidis will never work with Navarro. Diamantidis has a massive ego and he demands that everything revolve around him. He is a huge prima donna and he has a terrible personality.

If Obradovic and Diamantidis try to run in there and takeover Navarro's team it won't work. That will be a mistake by Barca. And of Diamantidis leaves PAO like that, even though they won't cut his salary...........

he's already hugely hated and despised in Greece by everyone but PAO fans, and even many PAO fans hate him. Over how he has acted regarding the Greek national team, and all his antics to the players and fans of other teams.

If he quits on PAO like that...........only the crazy Diamantidis worshipers (KWSN-Men) will think anything good of him.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Obradovic has such high demands for the budget of the club and Diamantidis is such an egotistical prick.

Last edited by Euroleague : 05-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #45
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I don't see Pascual leaving unless he doesn't make the Finals.

I'd fire him though. Barcelona should play better than they do with the roster they have.

To be fair though, the loss in last year's playoffs of Euroleague was to Panathinaikos. That's the same team that ended up winning 3 Euroleague titles in 5 years. They simply lost to the most dominant team of Europe in that era.

So no blame really there, especially considering how awful Rubio played. I don't think he was to blame for Rubio just being awful.

Then, this year they lost the Cup final to Real Madrid, but that was kind of a fluke game, where Llull and Carroll both had the biggest games of their whole career and every 3 point bomb just started falling.

It happens in one game finals. So, I can't really blame there either.

Now, about the loss to Olympiacos this year in the semifinal. Well, Olympiacos was just a better team, especially considering that Navarro looked only about 80-85 percent healthy to me.

However, that loss to Baskonia in 2010 ACB Finals.......that was pretty bad. He deserves blame on that one. But then again, to be fair, Rubio deserved the most blame. It was like the series against Panathinaikos. Rubio's horrid play was the cause of losing both those series.

So, while it's true that such a team should have better results in theory, at the same time, if you really look at the losses, it's really not on the coach. At least to me.

But, with that being said, I don't like Pascual's attitude. I just think of how he clashed with Terrence Morris for example. The guy retired because of it. Look what they get? CJ Wallace instead.

Wallace is a good player, I like him actually. He's talented and good. But he doesn't fit to Barca's team at all. Morris on the other hand, was a perfect fit.

But Pascual was arrogant and though it was no problem. He thought he could run out Morris over a personal issue and replace him with Fotsis, and actually get an upgrade and have another perfect fit, that was even a better player.

Well, the problem is that Milan offered Fotsis more money than Barca could. So the result was they ended up with Wallace. I think if Barca still had Morris that they could have won Euroleague.

So, I don't think Pascual is too blame for anything based on the teams they have had, but he is to blame for stuff like the Morris thing, and that probably cost them this year. But I will say this, Morris always had a reputation in USA that he had a very bad attitude. So, again, I am not sure that Pascual actually did anything wrong.

I expect Barca to win the ACB title. I honestly don't see them firing Pascual if they do.

Last edited by Euroleague : 05-15-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy