Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #136
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: The blame thread

I wasnt going to comment on some things but TD sh!ts on Amare in every way except FT%. How can Amare with no post game be considered a better scorer? Have you not seen TD face up and shoot off the glass. I mean the guy isnt called the Big Fundamental for nothing.

I think Bosh on the Craptors didnt mean he wasnt great. He hasnt had any talented players there. But he did his thing most nights. He was the prisoner of incompetent basketball brain trust and northern obscurity.

The Knicks 100% vs the Heat 100% healthy was never going to beat the Heat. If the Knicks had this or if this Knick could do this of course in your imagination the Knicks could be the Heat. Hypotheticals sucks.
Rameek is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #137
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Odom really isnt elite but they arent contenders too. Its easy btw to get out of the 1st round in the east than in the west.
But when I asked you who was elite on Miami in Wade's rookie season, your answer was Odom.

Quote:
And they got destroyed by pacers last game coz they dont have bosh so where am I contradicting. LOL They won with bosh but lost by ****ing 20 points without him.

Exactly, and the Heat had Bosh when they played us. So when you say stuff like Indiana beat them and we can't so we must suck, you contradict yourself. If Bosh is the difference (according to you), and Bosh played against us but not against Indiana, then how is it we suck because we can't beat Miami? Do I have to break it down in HS math terms P if then Q?

Quote:
And knicks could beat the heat if only we have a pg who knows how to use our frontcourt rather than a melo who takes away touches from them.

I thought big men were the key? Once again...contradicting yourself.

Quote:
We beat indiana coz thats the time we played team ball and amare was our best player which is our big man.
#1 Are PG's the key or Big Men. Make up your mind. #2 Amare had 8 points and 16 points respectively in our 2 wins vs Indiana. Showing me that you clearly don't watch the games. He didnt dominate at all so what exactly is your point?

Quote:
The reason we lost is we play like them which is iso.
The reason we lost is because they have better players than us AND half our roster was injured. Blaming the guy avg 28 ppg 8 rpg 2 apg and 1 spg, and disregarding Lin, Baron, Shumpert, Amare, Chandler all either out or not at 100% just shows once again either a.) you don't understand the game or b.) You see what you want to see. I'm not saying we would have won but we really didn't have a chance in that series to begin with. Blaming Melo because he didn't win with a bunch of bench players and guys who weren't healthy is just asinine. Most, if not all people picked Miami to go to the finals if not win it all.

Quote:
We already have a coach who emphasizes ball movement but instead we rid of him despite being successful without melo.
a.)He missed the playoffs twice and lost in the 1st round as a Knicks coach. That's far from "succesful". b.) that same coach didn't coach a lick of defense throughout his entire career by proof of the fact that ALL of his teams have been in the top 10 in amount points allowed (most of them in the top 5). c.) Us getting rid of D'Antoni is an assumption. In reality, he resigned! Whether he was pushed out or not is specualtion. The reality of the matter is, he resigned and hasn't said anything to the contrary since.
franchize is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #138
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,987
Default Re: The blame thread

whit the way the playoffs are playing out, we should of taken the 8th seed after all, had a better chance at beating the bulls, celtics, and pacers
bluechox2 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #139
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
whit the way the playoffs are playing out, we should of taken the 8th seed after all, had a better chance at beating the bulls, celtics, and pacers
I have no doubtwe would have beat the Bulls without Rose and Noah. But who knows, maybe those things don't happen if we played them.
franchize is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #140
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Lin had more points and almost more rebounds than Amare in both our wins against Indy.

I dont believe in matchups. If you have a great frontcourt you will always have matchup advantage over other teams. Thats why big men wins in this league. Amare is still our best player during the start of woodson.
knicksman is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #141
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
It's called matchups brah, and health.

We smashed Indy this season, so what does that mean?

BTW, we won both games because of Lin controlling the game, and knowing when to take over.

we also won because we have player who utilizes our efficient frontcourt rather than inefficient perimeters.
knicksman is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #142
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
But when I asked you who was elite on Miami in Wade's rookie season, your answer was Odom.



Exactly, and the Heat had Bosh when they played us. So when you say stuff like Indiana beat them and we can't so we must suck, you contradict yourself. If Bosh is the difference (according to you), and Bosh played against us but not against Indiana, then how is it we suck because we can't beat Miami? Do I have to break it down in HS math terms P if then Q?


Because thats how bad miami is even with bosh. This team can beat them on paper but because of lack of cohesion and playing the same ball game as the heat which is iso, we lost in an embarrassing fashion.


Quote:
I thought big men were the key? Once again...contradicting yourself.


#1 Are PG's the key or Big Men. Make up your mind. #2 Amare had 8 points and 16 points respectively in our 2 wins vs Indiana. Showing me that you clearly don't watch the games. He didnt dominate at all so what exactly is your point?

When it comes to impact, pgs are impactful as bigs. Big men are the body and pgs are the brain. But because big men are harder to find, big men becomes more important.

if we only have nash instead of melo, we might have win the series. Or in fact lin is enough. But with melo, amare/lin both sucked because melo cant fit so I dont think we can win with miami. The key is for amare to be the 1st option and free the lane as much as possible. With melo hes clogging the paint and takes touches from our more efficient player.

Quote:
The reason we lost is because they have better players than us AND half our roster was injured. Blaming the guy avg 28 ppg 8 rpg 2 apg and 1 spg, and disregarding Lin, Baron, Shumpert, Amare, Chandler all either out or not at 100% just shows once again either a.) you don't understand the game or b.) You see what you want to see. I'm not saying we would have won but we really didn't have a chance in that series to begin with. Blaming Melo because he didn't win with a bunch of bench players and guys who weren't healthy is just asinine. Most, if not all people picked Miami to go to the finals if not win it all.

The injury excuse might work if we won 2 games and the games were close but losing 4-1, do you think this team can win against miami even if healthy? The only way for us to win is melo becomes 2nd option or 3rd option ala ray allen or get rid of him and trade for a pg.


Quote:
a.)He missed the playoffs twice and lost in the 1st round as a Knicks coach. That's far from "succesful". b.) that same coach didn't coach a lick of defense throughout his entire career by proof of the fact that ALL of his teams have been in the top 10 in amount points allowed (most of them in the top 5). c.) Us getting rid of D'Antoni is an assumption. In reality, he resigned! Whether he was pushed out or not is specualtion. The reality of the matter is, he resigned and hasn't said anything to the contrary since.

Because the team was rebuilding in his 1st 2 years then when amare came, the team finally is battling for top 4 when trade rumors began swirling again which started the losing streak. I think that team plus chandler could have been contenders by now and better than indiana or in fact they could have contended last season coz as they say, amare has an impact of tim duncan. He can turn a team into contender.

Amare has proven he can be built around but instead we chose to build around an unproven player. But thats expected from a dumbass FO.
knicksman is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #143
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
I dont believe in matchups. If you have a great frontcourt you will always have matchup advantage over other teams. Thats why big men wins in this league. Amare is still our best player during the start of woodson.
How do you explain the best frontcourts no longer in the playoffs.?

For the record, amare was not our best player, lin was.
knickscity is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #144
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Because thats how bad miami is even with bosh. This team can beat them on paper but because of lack of cohesion and playing the same ball game as the heat which is iso, we lost in an embarrassing fashion.
Bad? The Heat went to the Finals last year. Seriously, WTF are you talking about? No we can't beat them on paper. They have arguably the best player in the league, a top 3 sg and a top 5 pf. We weren't going to win to begin with, so how the hell did we have a chance with a depleted roster?

Quote:
if we only have nash instead of melo, we might have win the series. Or in fact lin is enough. But with melo, amare/lin both sucked because melo cant fit so I dont think we can win with miami. The key is for amare to be the 1st option and free the lane as much as possible. With melo hes clogging the paint and takes touches from our more efficient player
STEVE NASH PLAYED WITH AMARE AND FOR MIKE D'ANTONI ALREADY!!!! HE DOES NOT HAVE A RING!!! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOOOOOOUUUUTTTT!!! So an older Nash and a worse Knicks roster is going to do what a younger Nash during back to back MVP season couldn't? You realize how ridiculous that sounds? Wait no...you don't. Because everything you post sounds like this!

Quote:
The injury excuse might work if we won 2 games and the games were close but losing 4-1, do you think this team can win against miami even if healthy?
I CLEARLY said we werent going to win either way.

Quote:
ecause the team was rebuilding in his 1st 2 years then when amare came, the team finally is battling for top 4 when trade rumors began swirling again which started the losing streak.
O really? We were going to be top 4? We were 2 games above .500. Big f-in whoop. Let me guess. We should have kept Gallo right? Well I did some reseach recently to shut this little argument down once and for all. Heres some fun facts that ppl conveniently overlook about Gallo
1. He's never shot over 44% from the field
2. His scoring has gone DOWN the last 2 seasons
3. He shot 42% form the field this year. Lower than Melo
4. Despite being 2 inches taller, he gets 2 LESS rebounds
5. He's never scored more than 15 a game
6. He shot WORSE from the 3 point line than Melo
7. He avg less assists than Melo "the ball hog" Anthony
8. He finished his season, a decisive game 7, with a whopping 3 pts, 3 assists and 4 to's.
9.While everyone was busy complaining about Melo not being efficient, Gallo was shooting 36% from the field in the series with the Lakers.
10.Carmelo- 28 ppg 8 rpg 2 apg 1 spg Gallo- 13 ppg 5 rpg inn the playoffs

Quote:
coz as they say, amare has an impact of tim duncan. He can turn a team into contender.

Who? Who said that? I think Rameek is going to reach through the computer the next time you mention Amare and Tim Duncan together. Amare is NOT Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is arguably the best pf to ever lace em up. Stop it!And who the hell said Amare can make a team a contender. He played with FAR better talent than Melo ever did. Never even made it to the Finals. So please show me a quote where someone with basketball knowledge said Amare alone can make a team a contender.

Did Melo have a slow start? Absolutely. But I have NO reservations about the trade. He's our best player.

Gallo is getting better but he's a role player still. Not only is he not able to hold Melo's jock strap, he isn't even the best player on his team.
Chandler spent most of the year in China and came back and got hurt.
Felton is fat and out of shape. Had his worst season in years.
Mozgov is still a project who got saw his minutes diminish a lot.

You have to forgive me if I'm not regretting losing that for a guy who's capable of having 40 point games on the best player in the worl any given night.

Last edited by franchize : 05-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.
franchize is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #145
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How do you explain the best frontcourts no longer in the playoffs.?

For the record, amare was not our best player, lin was.

What team?As of now clippers and lakers are still alive. Whereas knicks misused their frontcourt by not getting a pg. Amare was our best player. LIn just have better stats coz hes the pg. Theres no competition in the playmaking but there are lots of scorers in this team. How many championships have been won by pgs. Pgs are always 2nd options on every team to scorers. They are the best complimentary players.
knicksman is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #146
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Bad? The Heat went to the Finals last year. Seriously, WTF are you talking about? No we can't beat them on paper. They have arguably the best player in the league, a top 3 sg and a top 5 pf. We weren't going to win to begin with, so how the hell did we have a chance with a depleted roster?


WE lost because the roster we have doesnt fit. And they went to the finals coz they didnt faced a tough frontcourt until finals which is in line with big men wins championships. Boston traded perkins last season and thats why miami had an easy path to the finals.
Quote:
STEVE NASH PLAYED WITH AMARE AND FOR MIKE D'ANTONI ALREADY!!!! HE DOES NOT HAVE A RING!!! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOOOOOOUUUUTTTT!!! So an older Nash and a worse Knicks roster is going to do what a younger Nash during back to back MVP season couldn't? You realize how ridiculous that sounds? Wait no...you don't. Because everything you post sounds like this!

Dirk didnt won too until he had chandler. Maybe thats all the suns needed which they lack during dantonis entire tenure there. Just look at what hobbled lopez can do with that team. As I said, big men wins in this league and now that dantoni had his center and amare, maybe this team could now win it all if we have nash? And they still went to the conference finals with the same nash.

Quote:
O really? We were going to be top 4? We were 2 games above .500. Big f-in whoop. Let me guess. We should have kept Gallo right? Well I did some reseach recently to shut this little argument down once and for all. Heres some fun facts that ppl conveniently overlook about Gallo
1. He's never shot over 44% from the field
2. His scoring has gone DOWN the last 2 seasons
3. He shot 42% form the field this year. Lower than Melo
4. Despite being 2 inches taller, he gets 2 LESS rebounds
5. He's never scored more than 15 a game
6. He shot WORSE from the 3 point line than Melo
7. He avg less assists than Melo "the ball hog" Anthony
8. He finished his season, a decisive game 7, with a whopping 3 pts, 3 assists and 4 to's.
9.While everyone was busy complaining about Melo not being efficient, Gallo was shooting 36% from the field in the series with the Lakers.
10.Carmelo- 28 ppg 8 rpg 2 apg 1 spg Gallo- 13 ppg 5 rpg inn the playoffs



Who? Who said that? I think Rameek is going to reach through the computer the next time you mention Amare and Tim Duncan together. Amare is NOT Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is arguably the best pf to ever lace em up. Stop it!And who the hell said Amare can make a team a contender. He played with FAR better talent than Melo ever did. Never even made it to the Finals. So please show me a quote where someone with basketball knowledge said Amare alone can make a team a contender.

Did Melo have a slow start? Absolutely. But I have NO reservations about the trade. He's our best player.

Gallo is getting better but he's a role player still. Not only is he not able to hold Melo's jock strap, he isn't even the best player on his team.
Chandler spent most of the year in China and came back and got hurt.
Felton is fat and out of shape. Had his worst season in years.
Mozgov is still a project who got saw his minutes diminish a lot.

You have to forgive me if I'm not regretting losing that for a guy who's capable of having 40 point games on the best player in the worl any given night.


We were top 5 and few games behind the top 3 before chandler got affected by trade rumors which started the losing streak. The team were really not given a chance. Right when they started beating the top teams like san antonio, bulls, oklahoma is when the rumors started swirling again. And amare is the mvp of the league at that time. But then melo is itching to join amare coz he knows hell get all the credit while winning with him. Melo is selfish. Hes the same as the miami trio. This team wont win anything if egos will prevail unlike boston. And worse is that he hasnt proven anything worthy to be built around. The only time he went to the conference finals is the time he sucked in the regular season.

I believe their impacts are almost equal just like dirk. Had dirk had chandler over his career, he might have multiple rings. If amare had a center throughout his career, he mightve multiple rings too. The difference really is just luck. The luck of having the refs on spurs side. The luck that dirk was out during 2003 west conference finals. All I care is these guys have one thing in common. Which is making teams contenders at an early stage of their careers and multiple times. You cant say that with melo, tmac, iverson, carter, etc and other overrated perimeter players.
knicksman is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #147
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,546
Default Re: The blame thread

Knicksman been trolling the shit outta yall.
Rowe is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #148
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Knicksman been trolling the shit outta yall.
this

That's why I avoided this thread.
Clutch is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #149
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: The blame thread

Knickscity needs to make a sticky thread for him to post all his "bright ideas". Keep it out of all the other threads. We could be having healthy discussions about offseason moves n stuff. Instead we have to be constantly reminded that defense only causes injuries and Amare is as good as Tim Duncan. O and that Mike Dantoni is a great coach who made an NBA Finals that apparently wasnt televised.
franchize is offline  
Old 05-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #150
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Knickscity needs to make a sticky thread for him to post all his "bright ideas". Keep it out of all the other threads. We could be having healthy discussions about offseason moves n stuff. Instead we have to be constantly reminded that defense only causes injuries and Amare is as good as Tim Duncan. O and that Mike Dantoni is a great coach who made an NBA Finals that apparently wasnt televised.


Please knickscity,do something.
Clutch is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy