Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The blame thread

I think the Knicks management will have to make some serious decisions way before next season.

1)Assess whether or not Melo and Amare can co-exist.

2)Address the rebounding issue.

3)Decide on the head coaching

4)Comb the earth to acquire true depth at every position.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

We had a lot of reasons to fail, but to be honest, we overcame a lot this year....Remember how the Heat couldn't figure it out last year? That was with an entire summer, no lock out, and one coach. The Knicks went through craziness all year long. One thing all the franchises can say without hesitation was that the Knicks' situation was never boring. The Knicks had to learn how to play with each other with two totally different mindsets (one focused on offense, the other on defense). I'm proud of these guys to be honset...they never quit. Amare pissed me off with the hand incident, but he had passion throughout the year. Hopefully these guys can all figure it out and play better. No blame, we lost to a better team and we lost key people. Hopefully we can play better next year and stay healthy.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #18
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we put this team together for a championship run, not a first round out. what was the point then for giving 3 guys huge contracts to be our core?

the talent does not fit each others strengths
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #19
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
we put this team together for a championship run, not a first round out. what was the point then for giving 3 guys huge contracts to be our core?

the talent does not fit each others strengths

The point is that we've set up a 4 year window to make a Championship run.

This was Year 1 of 4. We made good progress by starting to at least play some defense and finding a leader in Chandler. The next step in this process will involve not only finding ways for Melo & Amare to co-exist effectively, but for them to co-exist with a PG like Jeremy Lin.

I really like our chances next season.

The pressure will be high on this team if Miami wins the Championship, but if Miami doesn't win it all then our own inability to do it with a Big 3 won't be a major topic this offseason.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #20
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

Whether he is to blame or not, Amare is a horrible defender. I can't see us going deep in the play-offs with him playing big minutes.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

melo. hes the one who led to the dantoni firing so woodson took over. Woodson is just another thibs who produces wins by sacrificing players health through forcing players to play defense. So hes the reason why lin is injured. Its clear when they lost to the raptors that the team is breaking down due to having to play intense defense to make up for our shitty offense.

This team could have been contenders if we only have lin and amare coz those 2 make each other better like those suns teams.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #22
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I blame the Giants for going on their Super Bowl run. Had they not captivated NY in January and taken all the headlines, then Mike D'Antoni would have been fired earlier in the year, and the Knicks would have started winning earlier and gotten a better seed.

So I guess people would just want another thibs. Dantonis career>>>>>>>>Thibs. Theres a reason why hes been an assistant for so long.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
WE LOST TO A BETTER TEAM. THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS. I DONT THINK ANYONE UNDER PERFORMED UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

I'll leave this thread but I know there has to be some smart knick fans around here somewhere.

Preach Brother Rameek!

I love how ppl conveniently forget the lineups we put on the court. We played half the series with our starting PF missing. We played the entire series with our starting PG missing. Then we lost our backup pg. Then Tyson Chandler was sick AND we lost our best perimeter defender.

So basically, you guys are saying we should have won against most people pick to win the East at least with

A 3rd string over the hill PG
A declining 2nd round draft pick at SG
A big time scorer who's conditioning and health has been down all year at SF
An often injured PF who had a career threatening laceration
An offensively limited Center who was battling the flu

^^^This is supposed to beat the Heat who are not only healthy but have
A limited PG who knocks down open 3s consistently
A top 3 SG and arguably a Top 5 player in the league
Arguably the best player on the planet
A top 5 PF
A C/PF who rebounds and can hit a 15 foot jumpshot consistently

C'mon son!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
So I guess people would just want another thibs. Dantonis career>>>>>>>>Thibs. Theres a reason why hes been an assistant for so long.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I know he has a championship ring as well.

Where's D'antoni's ring?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #26
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

If they're cloning Thibs and handing them out to teams sign us up though. Top 5 coach in the NBA easy..Top 3 IMO.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Man you've been a gold mine for just absolute ridiculous posts.

I made the mistake earlier this week trying to discuss with this guy why Amare had been ineffective with him.

Just a heads up but don't get "knicksman" confused with "knickswin".
Old 05-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Man you've been a gold mine for just absolute ridiculous posts.

I made the mistake earlier this week trying to discuss with this guy why Amare had been ineffective with him.

Just a heads up but don't get "knicksman" confused with "knickswin".

Knickswin? Knicks and win together? Im confused already...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #29
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000
Whether he is to blame or not, Amare is a horrible defender. I can't see us going deep in the play-offs with him playing big minutes.
The Suns made deep runs in the playoffs with Amar'e anchoring the middle at center. WCF in 2005, 2010. That circus in the WCSF in 2007. The Suns haven't even made the playoffs since he left.

What we're not going to make deep runs with is Carmelo taking 30 shots a game to score 30 points.

The Knicks need a real PG to tell some of the chuckers we've assembled to **** off every now and then, just like Chauncey Billups did the one time Melo's Nuggets did anything in the playoffs. Lin apparently doesn't have much of a problem waving off Carmelo and trying to make a better play, so hopefully, if he sticks around, he'll make an appropriate leap with his game.

I'm still hoping for Nash though. You give that guy some firepower and you've got a contender. And with now DPoY Tyson Chandler protecting the middle you're better off than a lot of teams in the league.

Last edited by Scoooter : 05-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The Suns made deep runs in the playoffs with Amar'e anchoring the middle at center. WCF in 2005, 2010. That circus in the WCSF in 2007. The Suns haven't even made the playoffs since he left.

What we're not going to make deep runs with is Carmelo taking 30 shots a game to score 30 points.

The Knicks need a real PG to tell some of the chuckers we've assembled to **** off every now and then, just like Chauncey Billups did the one time Melo's Nuggets did anything in the playoffs. Lin apparently doesn't have much of a problem waving off Carmelo and trying to make a better play, so hopefully, if he sticks around, he'll make an appropriate leap with his game.

I'm still hoping for Nash though. You give that guy some firepower and you've got a contender. And with now DPoY Tyson Chandler protecting the middle you're better off than a lot of teams in the league.

Thats the thing with me though that I don't get. It's like some Knicks fans cant be pro Lin (or any other pg) and pro Melo. Melo seemed to work just fine with Chauncey. I think nobody ever takes in account that Melo is shooting a lot because of the lack of talent on our roster? I mean seriously, Mike Bibby, Toney Douglas and Baron Davis have all started at pg for our Knicks LOL I know Melo needs to not try and be the hero but c'mon. Let's not act like there isn't reason to think he needs to be.

My only issue with getting Nash is, it's another stop gap solution. Nash is rare in that he keeps himself in ridiculously good shape. However, he still is old as dust. If we get Nash, sure it'll probably make us better but for how long. We'll be right back to looking for a pg in 2 or 3 years. Maybe sooner.

Let's get a guy who we can trust and develop!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread