Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #61
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
That's ridiculous.

And even if they did still use his system, they still won without him.

coz theyre using his system. They sucked with porter, a defensive minded coach btw.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #62
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
I know youre getting owned it own man coz you cant refute anymore. But hey I have higher standards. I want dynasty not one time win. And I believe this team could be a dynasty if only melo bought into team play.
Owned? You can't even put a sentence together correctly.

You're in a fantasy world. You want to bring back a failing coach because "this team could be a dynasty if Melo bought into team play." Yet you said we should trade Melo. Clearly, you're contradicting yourself. Furthermore, you're saying we'd be a dynasty with D'Antoni as coach. Yet Mike D'Antoni hasn't even been to the finals once in his life.

Essentially, you're saying the Knicks, without Melo, are better than those Suns teams. Those Suns teams who were loaded with talent never made it past the conference finals. Yet somehow, you want us to believe Mike D'Antoni can lead this team, minus Carmelo, to become a dynasty. You seriously don't realize how ridiculous that sounds? Have you watched a Knicks game all season?

Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby, Baron Davis, Jared Jeffries, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, Dan Gadzuric....not exactly championship contending pieces. 4 of those 6 guys played significant minutes at some point this season. Add to that Landry Fields is our STARTING Sg.Add to that Amare missed 19 games in a shortened NBA season. Add to that Jeremy Lin was discovered late in the season thanks to Melo. Add to that all the injuries and illness in the playoffs.
But yea, we lost because of Melo and because we "play too much defense".

Furthermore, speaking on behalf of KNOWLEDGEABLE Knicks fans who have suffered most, if not all, of their lives without a ring; I could care less about a dynasty dude. If we win a ring in the next 2 years, I wouldn't care if we didn't win another for the next 5.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #63
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Owned? You can't even put a sentence together correctly.

You're in a fantasy world. You want to bring back a failing coach because "this team could be a dynasty if Melo bought into team play." Yet you said we should trade Melo. Clearly, you're contradicting yourself. Furthermore, you're saying we'd be a dynasty with D'Antoni as coach. Yet Mike D'Antoni hasn't even been to the finals once in his life.

LOL wheres the contradiction. If melo isnt buying into team play, then it means hes a cancer so its either you trade him for a more impactful and better piece which is a pg or hope that he would buy into team play. So really wheres the contradiction? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Quote:
Essentially, you're saying the Knicks, without Melo, are better than those Suns teams. Those Suns teams who were loaded with talent never made it past the conference finals. Yet somehow, you want us to believe Mike D'Antoni can lead this team, minus Carmelo, to become a dynasty. You seriously don't realize how ridiculous that sounds? Have you watched a Knicks game all season?

Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby, Baron Davis, Jared Jeffries, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, Dan Gadzuric....not exactly championship contending pieces. 4 of those 6 guys played significant minutes at some point this season. Add to that Landry Fields is our STARTING Sg.Add to that Amare missed 19 games in a shortened NBA season. Add to that Jeremy Lin was discovered late in the season thanks to Melo. Add to that all the injuries and illness in the playoffs.
But yea, we lost because of Melo and because we "play too much defense".

Furthermore, speaking on behalf of KNOWLEDGEABLE Knicks fans who have suffered most, if not all, of their lives without a ring; I could care less about a dynasty dude. If we win a ring in the next 2 years, I wouldn't care if we didn't win another for the next 5.

This team would be better because they play defense unlike those suns teams who played small ball. Just look what an injured lopez could do to them. This team may become contenders if we didnt have melo whos being a cancer to this team. Remember we won 8 out of 9 without him and lost 8 out of 10 with him. Who knows maybe that linsanity team could become contenders if amare gets back to his old self. But we havent known coz melo was back after 9 games.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #64
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's Woodson record with Melo?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #65
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Has this guy just said that defense is bad because it makes players try more which leads to injuries ?

Seriously ?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #66
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

He's saying that constant, intense defense is a grind on the players bodies over the course of an 82 game season, and isn't really necessary until the playoffs.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #67
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He's saying that constant, intense defense is a grind on the players bodies over the course of an 82 game season, and isn't really necessary until the playoffs.
Depends. If your roster is talented enough to win 50+ games without playing hard on defense than it isn't necessary.

If your roster wins games primarily because of defense (Knicks under Woodson) than it is.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #68
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i think most people can tolerate your support for Mike D'antoni because at least you try to back it up with facts. This bullshit above me however is just an example on how message boards become wack!
What do you mean? That D'antoni had a chance to stay the entire season, even if he wanted to? Dolan was trying to fire him back in January.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #69
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should of gotten the 6th seed..
Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #70
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
LOL wheres the contradiction. If melo isnt buying into team play, then it means hes a cancer so its either you trade him for a more impactful and better piece which is a pg or hope that he would buy into team play. So really wheres the contradiction? Stop embarrassing yourself.

This team would be better because they play defense unlike those suns teams who played small ball. Just look what an injured lopez could do to them. This team may become contenders if we didnt have melo whos being a cancer to this team. Remember we won 8 out of 9 without him and lost 8 out of 10 with him. Who knows maybe that linsanity team could become contenders if amare gets back to his old self. But we havent known coz melo was back after 9 games.

Do a poll and see who on here thinks I sound stupid and who thinks your post are as genius as you think they are. Unless you invite a bunch of your friends, I'm willing to bet you will lose convincingly. Embarassing myself? Have you read the responses to your post lol I'm really trying to be civil. I really am. But c'mon. This is the second time you tried to call me out as dumb. I knew more basketball than you when I was 5... and that's no exaggeration.

Quote:
What do you mean? That D'antoni had a chance to stay the entire season, even if he wanted to? Dolan was trying to fire him back in January

I meant your defense of Mike D'Antoni was at least backed up with evidence. Knicksman's defense of Mike D'Antoni is full of ridiculous comments like "defense is bad in the long run because all it does is cause injuries." Or my favorite "D'Antoni was tecnhically in the finals because the Spurs vs the Suns was the real finals and it was rigged from the start"

Last edited by franchize : 05-12-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #71
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Depends. If your roster is talented enough to win 50+ games without playing hard on defense than it isn't necessary.

If your roster wins games primarily because of defense (Knicks under Woodson) than it is.

but this team has the talent. The problem iis that theyre not cohesive. Melo makes his teammates worse as evidence by the 8 loses out of 10 games after linsanity. If only we didnt have melo. We wouldnt have those injuries. We need to play more defense than what is necessary to make up for the lost offense.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #72
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

So now Melo caused the injuries too?

And I'm embarassing myself?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #73
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What's Woodson record with Melo?

They won because of defense but it also costed us lin. And its either melo or amare/lin. And if you think we can win with melo then lets build around him. All I know, is that since jordan left only 1 perimeter player has won in this league as the man. And thats kobe. Kobe with the help of 3 all star caliber frontcourt. Wades and kobes 2nd ring are bogus coz they are with the help of the refs. So if in the 14 years, only 1 perimeter player has won, why would I build around melo? For me melo is overrated but its not a knock on him coz all perimeter players are. Tmac, iverson, arenas, melo, nique, pierce are all the same. They arent as successful as the webbers, duncan, shaq, amare, garnett, dirk, kemp, rasheed of this league. If the chance of winning with a perimeter player is less than 10% then I would build first around top 10 big men before I build around these perimeter players.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #74
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Do a poll and see who on here thinks I sound stupid and who thinks your post are as genius as you think they are. Unless you invite a bunch of your friends, I'm willing to bet you will lose convincingly. Embarassing myself? Have you read the responses to your post lol I'm really trying to be civil. I really am. But c'mon. This is the second time you tried to call me out as dumb. I knew more basketball than you when I was 5... and that's no exaggeration.

I meant your defense of Mike D'Antoni was at least backed up with evidence. Knicksman's defense of Mike D'Antoni is full of ridiculous comments like "defense is bad in the long run because all it does is cause injuries." Or my favorite "D'Antoni was tecnhically in the finals because the Spurs vs the Suns was the real finals and it was rigged from the start"

at the end of the day I predicted it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=231858

So thats a work of a genius. As pjax said, they overachieve last season.

and why youre mad though? Youre the one so condescending here LOL.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #75
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
So now Melo caused the injuries too?

And I'm embarassing myself?

Melo caused the firing of dantoni. Woodson(another thibs)took over and so the injuries. Logic my friend. Lin was playing 45 minutes under dantoni but hes fine and we didnt have casualties.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread