Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #106
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation
Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Out of all your revelations, I can agree with the "big men win championships" one.
But be aware that it's about big men who truly play as such:
- dominating the boards
- scaring away wingmen from the paint
- posting up people like there's no tomorrow

Amare doesn't apply, sorry.

Looks like you forgot the most important one which is offense. Efficient scoring or 1st option scorer and amare possess that. As long as you can make a team contender year in year out, thats all I need to know that you are a player that can be built around. You cant say that about perimeter players like tmac, carter, AI. They have been in this league for how many years and they really had not made a team contender.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #107
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Looks like you forgot the most important one which is offense. Efficient scoring or 1st option scorer and amare possess that. As long as you can make a team contender year in year out, thats all I need to know that you are a player that can be built around. You cant say that about perimeter players like tmac, carter, AI. They have been in this league for how many years and they really had not made a team contender.

How did I forget offense when I mentioned post play?
Dominant big men rape defenses in the low post.
Amare cannot be as efficient as Hibbert and Bogut (let alone Duncan, Howard or Bynum) because he's a face up player only.
Not a "true" big man in my book.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #108
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
How did I forget offense when I mentioned post play?
Dominant big men rape defenses in the low post.
Amare cannot be as efficient as Hibbert and Bogut (let alone Duncan, Howard or Bynum) because he's a face up player only.
Not a "true" big man in my book.

As long as youre effective, it doesnt matter if its post up of face up. Amare is more efficient than duncan. Roy hibbert, bogut really? They dont even shoot the same amount of volume as amare. The reason why big men post because most of them find it hard to face up. Do you think duncan can face up? If you can play like a guard you do it. Esp the off the ball players. Once the 5 second back to basket rule is implemented, big men are never effective like before thats why they are now forced to face up. And amare and dirk who are good face up players are the only ones effective. Imagine if a guard cant face up. LOL im sure they wouldve no place in this league.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #109
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What on earth am I reading on here?

Duncan is arguably the best pf ever.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #110
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is what you're reading Knickscity!

Quote:
Once the 5 second back to basket rule is implemented, big men are never effective like before thats why they are now forced to face up.

Quote:
And amare and dirk who are good face up players are the only ones effective.

Quote:
Imagine if a guard cant face up. LOL im sure they wouldve no place in this league.

Quote:
The reason why big men post because most of them find it hard to face up. Do you think duncan can face up?

Anytime you wanna step in and take us out of our misery, it will be greatly appreciated! LOL Just saying
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #111
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What on earth am I reading on here?

I think you speak on behalf of everyone.

O yea... don't embarass yourself lmaoooooooooooooo
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #112
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think you speak on behalf of everyone.

O yea... don't embarass yourself lmaoooooooooooooo

I know what those emoticons mean. Its a sign of defeat. LOL youre further embarrassing yourself.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #113
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knicksman, you have absolutely nothing to base any of these claims on.

Then you are blatantly disrespecting everyone's intelligence by putting down the basics of solid basketball, and promoting flawed players over sure fire HOF'ers.

Come with some actually facts please.

I know it's not much Knicks basketball going on, but come on guy, please do better than this.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #114
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Then you are blatantly disrespecting everyone's intelligence by putting down the basics of solid basketball, and promoting flawed players over sure fire HOF'ers.

I know it's not much Knicks basketball going on, but come on guy, please do better than this.

Seriously, its so hard to comprehend this stuff.

Its like when Skip Bayless goes on his rants about the greatness of Tim Tebow.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #115
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:

Did I say amare is better than duncan?Really? Scoring now means great all around. I believe amare is a better scorer but that doesnt mean hes the greatest pf now. Dirk too is a better scorer but that doesnt mean he is the greatest pf. Cmon man.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #116
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I know what those emoticons mean. Its a sign of defeat. LOL youre further embarrassing yourself.
Yea thats exactly what they mean.
You push on doors that say pull don't you?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #117
knicksman
Good college starter

once again, lebron and wade overratedness got exposed if no big man. That team isnt winning until they make bosh the 1st option and a center. Bosh is the only one consistent last year in the playoffs.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #118
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I seriously kept thinking all last week that he was going to PM me and say "I'm just ****ing with you". Day by day I'm beginning to realize you really, genuinely believe the stuff you post here.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #119
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
once again, lebron and wade overratedness got exposed if no big man. That team isnt winning until they make bosh the 1st option and a center. Bosh is the only one consistent last year in the playoffs.
How did the Raptors do with Bosh as the #1 option?

Good enough to be lotto bound more times than playoff appearances.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #120
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
How did the Raptors do with Bosh as the #1 option?

Good enough to be lotto bound more times than playoff appearances.

Just like what wade accomplished without an elite big. First round exit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread