Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Default "Close Out Games are actually kinda easy"

Quote:
""Close-out games are actually kinda easy, teams tend to fold if you come out and play hard in the beginning."

-Andrew Bynum

OK. First off, the entire team outside of Kobe sucked. But the quote above is the reason for this post. If you think it's all right for Bynum to run his mouth like that, Consider this:
  1. He's Not playing his hardest, consistently.
  2. He's never been counted on to close out a playoff series in his life.
  3. He's been the 2nd or 3rd best center in this series..

Yep. That's right. Bynum is getting outplayed by Javale McGee and Kenneth Faried. Outplayed, out hustled and out worked. He has shown a tremendous amount of disdain for playing defense outside of Game 1. Notice in the beginning of Game 5, after Bynum makes a basket, he just celebrates and doesn't even get back on defense. Kenneth Faried outruns him and gets the easy one, and all Bynum can do is get pissed at his teammates for not helping. I can't remember how many plays like that happened, where Faried or Mcgee just beat Bynum down the court. He hasn't shown on his coverages, he loses sight of both his man AND the ball (no excuse, none) and he's made Mcgee appear to be a quality NBA Calibur Starter.

Now we head back to that really high city where it's really hard for Bynum to play. This is from a player who doesn't expect but knows that the team is picking up his option at the beginning of the year. This loss is all on those giant, immature shoulders of Andrew Bynum.

Second Person to blame: Mike Brown. The playoffs are all about adjustments. Mike Brown made zero last night. When Sessions and Blake were getting routinely posted up by Andre Miller (He went something like 8 -11) he just sat there, and did nothing. When Bynum was quoted as saying the above silly statement, he didn't even force his center to back it up by repeatedly going to him throughout the game and forcing him to stand up for his insane ideas about playoff basketball, he just let him mope around out there. When McGee was posterizing our interior defense, his vaunted defensive prowess did...still nothing. No adjustments. I'm pretty sure we were watching the same game and I'm pretty sure that he saw the same plays we all saw. for one, I can't help but wonder why he at least didn't try putting somebody else on him. Pau, Hill, McBob... anyone else. Because I'm pretty sure we've both watched just about every Laker game this season and if I can tell when Bynum is in Sleep mode, I can't fathom that he's sitting there wondering when someone will shake Bynum's mouse. Guess what? Mike Brown, it is you who has to shake the mouse and you do so by benching the moron.

Why didn't he put a bigger player like Barnes or Ebanks on Andre Miller when it was obvious that neither Blake nor Sessions could stop him from posting up and getting to the rack over and over? I was yelling at my TV screen over this about 3 minutes into the 3rd. Like Mike Brown, my TV offered no answers.

Had we won last night because Kobe pulled a miracle out of nothing it might have glossed over these humungous issues that will plague us the rest of the playoffs. I am glad Kobe didn't pull a rabbit out of his proverbial hat because this stuff NEEDS to be fixed and soon. One triple-double in a series does not a series win. One good game in a series does not make you a clutch post-season performer. The only player on the Lakers that has done it all in the playoffs is Kobe Bryant. Every other Laker on the team is dreaming if they think that what Kobe did in the 4th in Game 5 is something they can expect again in this series, to say nothing of the long road ahead.

Geez what happened to the Dominance in Game 1 and Game 2? The way LA is playing for the last couple games, it's Denver's series to lose and it's up to us to show that there is any playoff mettle in the line up outside of #24. And even if we win Game 7, we are not getting past OKC or SA like that . That was travesty and I hope I never have to watch that kind of BS again.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: "Close Out Games are actually kinda easy"

Eat Like A Bosh, I'm adding you to the very long list of guy who could do a better job than Mike dumbass Brown
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Eat Like A Bosh, I'm adding you to the very long list of guy who could do a better job than Mike dumbass Brown

Hey DKL,

You never answered my question regarding last years playoffs in Dallas so I'll ask again. Do you also consider Phil Jackson a "nitwit" and a "dumbass"?

Thanks,

Mr. Sax
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

ELAB, I agreed with everything you said. I was thinking the same that it is partly Mike Brown's fault for not adjusting. PJ would have stop at game 5 or 6 already.

If they lose tonight, trade him.

If they win tonight, but also nothing from him - trade him too.

If they win tonight, but some contribution from him...probably should still trade him for someone who is hunger for championship while there is value. AB is consistently unreliable. Bynum played like he don't need nor care for any new championship trophy. We need someone like Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.

When Kobe retires, we are dead in the water with Bynum sleeping on the job. I think at least with Dwight, we can work with other guys around him.

Last edited by kobesabi : 05-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Thanks DK! Pretty sure any casual fan makes better observations than Mike Brown.

The Lakers never played up to their potential in the series, it could've been over easily in 5, giving them 3+ days to rest. And now, I just don't think they have enough left to take the Thunder, with the Thunder getting nearly a week of rest. The Thunder are kinda like the Nuggets on steroids, they like to run, but actually have stars. I don't like our chances...

Hope the Lakers don't reach the Finals, so we can fire coach Brown.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Hey DKL,

You never answered my question regarding last years playoffs in Dallas so I'll ask again. Do you also consider Phil Jackson a "nitwit" and a "dumbass"?

Thanks,

Mr. Sax

That question doesn't deserve a comment.....and I'm not going to insult you
Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Hey DKL,

Thanks,

Mr. Sax

I know this wasn't directed to me. But I think that Phil was more "over it" than anything else. Tired of the travel, couldn't work hard after losing the first game at home.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I know this wasn't directed to me. But I think that Phil was more "over it" than anything else. Tired of the travel, couldn't work hard after losing the first game at home.

Not to mention Pau was and didn't want to play......and we still had DFish
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not to mention Pau was and didn't want to play......and we still had DFish

My blood still boils when I think about those two games Fish lost for us. Who the hell fouls the other team when we are winning by 1 late stages in a game? You look at game one, and you think okay maybe it was a mistake. Then he repeats it. He was done about 4-5 years ago, whether he made big shots or not.

Pau Gasol had never really significantly bounced back since that year. With the lakers trying to get under the cap by 2014, you can bet on kissing Pau goodbye this off-season. Don't be surprised if we get so much as a freaking second rounder in return either.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: