Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default If you could pick one RB for this season, who?

It's a slow time for us diehard football nuts here in the football forum. Draft is over. Offseason is at a stand-still right now aside from a few minicamps/OTAs.

So lets try and get some discussion going. If you were a GM of an expansion franchise and could pick any current RB in the NFL to play for your new team this season, which RB do you pick?

You can pick ANY running back in the NFL to be your primary ball-carrier for this year. Who do you pick, and WHY?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: If you could pick one RB for this season, who?

MJD, he gets those extra tough yards that put you in more manageable down and distances, catches the ball well and is in the prime of his career.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I agree with MJD. He is a well-rounded workhorse who has proven to be extremely durable.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Keeping in mind that he is only 24, I have to go with him. He is arguably the most explosive back in the league and his speed is remarkable.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have faith that AD will be back at 100%

this isn't his first major injury...guy runs too hard for his own good
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I have faith that AD will be back at 100%

this isn't his first major injury...guy runs too hard for his own good

Not his first major injury but it's the first time he has had a serious issue with his knees. Dude is a freak but I'm going to remain a litte skeptical until he proves me wrong.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Not his first major injury but it's the first time he has had a serious issue with his knees. Dude is a freak but I'm going to remain a litte skeptical until he proves me wrong.
he had a major knee injury his rookie year

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/na...eterson-injury

he came back unafraid...running 100%...all day
Old 05-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he had a major knee injury his rookie year

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/na...eterson-injury

he came back unafraid...running 100%...all day

A sprained ligament is a lot different than his current injury. He was also younger and had less miles on his legs his rookie year.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Peterson wasnt coming off an injury I'd go with him. But since he is? Give me Shady the REAL McCoy!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
A sprained ligament is a lot different than his current injury. He was also younger and had less miles on his legs his rookie year.
true...just pointing out that he has dealt with serious knee injuries
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If Peterson wasnt coming off an injury I'd go with him. But since he is? :

Agree with bolded. That being said, I would take MJD. Think of what he could do with a supporting cast
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

I agree with MJD. Even though I would love my do it all RB Forte, MJD just doesn't quit and so much stronger then opposing teams think.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why has nobody brought up a back's blitz pick up and blocking?? That's a key aspect of being an all around RB and crucial to the offense as a whole.

I'd prolly go with MJD, Forte or McCoy. First two can handle lots of responsibilities and McCoy is a rare specimen.

Obv a healthy Peterson is number one and I wanna see how McFadden will respond.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #14
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

While I don't disagree with the MJD pick, at all, I think my pick would be McCoy or Foster. To me, they're both more explosive.

If Peterson's healthy, he's the best runner, but he's not an every-down back. McCoy and Foster can do it all.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #15
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Toss up between MJD and McCoy for me...
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: