Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #46
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Same bet this year, 1 year avy, can miss 1 game, pro football focus.

I first want to see what PFF had for Aso last few years in OAK. I based that 42.5 off his last few years on FO.

Plus there's talk of Aso being glued to #1s more often which would obviously raise the number a bit. I'd roll with like 45.5 targets over/under if that's the case.

Last edited by StateProperty : 05-22-2012 at 05:27 AM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #47
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

State, they had Nnamdi with only 29 targets 2 years ago as well...and then low 30s for the rest


You have to remember State that the entire reason we made this bet is because you were claiming he gets low targets because of HIM and not because the Raiders sucks and now one has to throw at them. So raising it to 45.5 would be already proving my point. I was being nice with the 42.5, you talked me into that.

The Eagles, unlike the Raiders, actualy score points and force others to throw the football...

anyway, let's do the same bet...42.5...PFF
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #48
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

email debate with FO still going:


FO:

Quote:
Actually, that's not necessarily the case, that the lower number is likely to be wrong. It may have to do with the definition each group uses for what counts as "coverage." I encourage charters to mark a play as Hole in Zone if the team is clearly in a zone coverage with no specific defender assigned for that area. It's possible the difference could be made up of plays we have attributed to hole in zone while PFF decides to always assign a defender, particularly early in the season when they had Nnamdi playing some safety responsibilities.

We don't like to think of our game charting as a "side article." It is an important part of what we do, and we've been doing it longer than PFF. We started it back in 2005, the same time KC Joyner started, and I don't think anyone was doing it before we and KC started (separately from each other) at that point. Nobody likes to be wrong about these things, but we also like to think that unlike PFF we are willing to publicly acknowledge our limitations.

me:

Quote:
If you both use different definitions for what counts as "coverage" wouldn't everyone else be off like this? Nnamdi isn't the only one asked to play zone, so does Asante and both you and PFF have him at 61 targets. All of the other CBs I can see you both have very similar stats, you both have CBs like Ike Taylor that get near 100 targets just a few targets apart. The only CB I could see (I admit I only compared a handful) that has a huge difference between you two is Nnamdi, which is very strange given that he is also one of the least targeted. It just very much feels like an error (by one of you).

I shouldn't have said "side article" what I meant is that these stats to PFF is what their members pay for, it is their main "product" so to speak. It is their foundation. I don't think that your website's foundation are stats like these. But that might be a moot point if you both take them very seriously.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #49
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

I acknowledged he would get more targets in Philly, which is why I said 42.5. Now I'm acknowledging he'll get more targets because he'll be on #1s. You say he would have easily been at 50+ targets this year and we're choosing YOUR web source of choice this time, so why is only needing 46 targets to win a problem?

45.5...take it or leave it.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #50
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I acknowledged he would get more targets in Philly, which is why I said 42.5. Now I'm acknowledging he'll get more targets because he'll be on #1s. You say he would have easily been at 50+ targets this year and we're choosing YOUR web source of choice this time, so why is only needing 46 targets to win a problem?

45.5...take it or leave it.
no, you went up to 42.5 because I said he would get 50 targets...(and he would have had 50 if healthy on PFF)

42.5 = THE MIDDLE OF OUR ESTIMATES

you thought he would be low 30s again

I thought he would be around 50



I argued REPEATEDLY that one of the main reasons Nnamdi was avoided was because he was on the Raiders...this was laughed at by you and of course, GOBBER. You both said it had nothing to do with the team, it was because everyone was so terrified of Nnamdi, etc...

I might have to bump some threads later...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #51
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

If you had acknowledged the Raiders were a major reason he was avoided we never would have made this bet...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #52
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Bump the threads. You can find actual players, coaches who said they avoid throwing to Nnamdi side. They target the other side. And the STATS (targets) support this theory. Asante had like 30+ targets before Nnamdi was signed. With Nnamdi? Asante saw twice as many targets. Why? Why would Asante see twice as many targets as the year prior? Dont people see how many interceptions he has year to year and total? Dont they know he is among the best at picking the pigskin from the sky? Even you were super high on Asante. Yet he saw more targets than Nnamdi. Funny.

The one QB who openly said he targets Nnamdi regardless of rep? P.Rivers.

Wear your avy proudly and I hope you dont back out of our bet because I'm going to enjoy spending your money.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #53
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bump the threads. You can find actual players, coaches who said they avoid throwing to Nnamdi side. They target the other side. And the STATS (targets) support this theory. Asante had like 30+ targets before Nnamdi was signed. With Nnamdi? Asante saw twice as many targets. Why? Why would Asante see twice as many targets as the year prior? Dont people see how many interceptions he has year to year and total? Dont they know he is among the best at picking the pigskin from the sky? Even you were super high on Asante. Yet he saw more targets than Nnamdi. Funny.

The one QB who openly said he targets Nnamdi regardless of rep? P.Rivers.

Wear your avy proudly and I hope you dont back out of our bet because I'm going to enjoy spending your money.
so you want to bet $250 over/under 42.5 using PFF?

my money is in NOW
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #54
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Go to the first link I provided in the OP. I wanted it set at 45 ORIGINALLY, you wanted 40. I said 42.5 so you would just shut up. I even said on page 7 or 8 that he could get 41 targets last year just by staying in OAk. Idk where you're getting me saying he'd be in the low 30s unless you're confusing me with Rasheed.

Again, last time, 45.5...take it or leave it.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #55
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Go to the first link I provided in the OP. I wanted it set at 45 ORIGINALLY, you wanted 40. I said 42.5 so you would just shut up. I even said on page 7 or 8 that he could get 41 targets last year just by staying in OAk. Idk where you're getting me saying he'd be in the low 30s unless you're confusing me with Rasheed.

Again, last time, 45.5...take it or leave it.
Dude 45.5 is pretty much what I expect...if he stays healthy I expect about one or two more games worth more than last year.


How about you get ballsy like GoBB and put down $250 on 42.5?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #56
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dude 45.5 is pretty much what I expect...if he stays healthy I expect about one or two more games worth more than last year.


How about you get ballsy like GoBB and put down $250 on 42.5?
I said I'm expecting more targets for him this year like 3 times. I'd expect around 45. I was assumin you were standing by your 50+ target prediction of last year. If we're both projecting around 45 then why am I taking the under of 42.5 and putting money on it?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #57
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I said I'm expecting more targets for him this year like 3 times. I'd expect around 45. I was assumin you were standing by your 50+ target prediction of last year. If we're both projecting around 45 then why am I taking the under of 42.5 and putting money on it?

Because primetime is stupid as hell.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #58
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Yeah I can remember a couple targets that you just felt didn't count for whatever reason...

I think FO just flat out missed games though...their "counters" are likely e-friends they have never met or seen.

No, I think you want so bad to be right that the first sign of someone agreeing or having stats to support your side you latch on too. Notice the email exchange? FO even called you out on it. You keep saying you arent pointing fingers but you pointed fingers in the email and in this thread. You all but said PFF is more credible than your site. Your numbers are flawed because I say so, PFF says so even tho all of this is f*cking subjective. I will now act like PFF is bible and you guys need to find another sport to cover because you guys are wrong with your numbers. How are you going to tell people who actually have guys that watch games assigned to do a specific task like this that they are wrong? You got a alot of nerve.

Notice you want to do this bet based on using PFF exclusively? Guess what? PFF is wrong with their numbers. I'll go by FO or Carbine even. And he holds no bias between me nor you. You act like a straight up d!ckhead at times because you want so bad to convince someone you are right.

You actually think they missed actual games. I'm pretty sure if they were to feed you their notes on what they counted as targets vs not targets? You're b!tch up a storm. In fact you b!tched up a storm when Carbine was targetting Nnamdi last season. GO BUMP THAT THREAD. You went from great thread, this is the best ever. Awesome stuff Carbine to...ugh, see you're not counting targets. I thought you would be fair, this is all useless now. You're not doing it how I want. GO BUMP THE THREAD and reread your lil temper tantrum you threw when Carbine told you this is how I am doing it vs what you wanted him to do.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #59
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

GoBB, a bet is all about convincing who is right or wrong...any bet.

So you won't use PFF chicken little?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #60
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I said I'm expecting more targets for him this year like 3 times. I'd expect around 45. I was assumin you were standing by your 50+ target prediction of last year. If we're both projecting around 45 then why am I taking the under of 42.5 and putting money on it?
If you are expecting more targets from him this year, there is probably no reason to bet

We both agree
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy