Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #76
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Primetime's 3 month Avy...taking suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
FO doesn't count zone targets apparently (if they didn't goof) and Carbine is fcking POSTER here who could easily be persuaded by money or even just bias...

he is also just an amteur stat recorder at best who gives stats based on what he thinks the CB did or didn't have control of...for instance he didn't record an INT for someone due to the fact it was a lucky tip that fell into the CB's hands...the idea of using Carbine or ANY poster here for a $500 pot bet is out of the question for obvious reasons....legit stat sites only

That INT wouldn't have any effect on the proposed bet. The quarterback didn't target Aso on that INT.

You guys are going to have to define the 42.5 as passes that aren't screens or passes completed behind the LOS or any and all passes caught or not.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #77
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carbine I really don't have that much against your stats, that was nothing against you...I can NOT use a posters stats to define the outcome of a $500 pot...it opens the doors to too much controversy...I'm sure you can uinderstand that.

maybe for an avy bet or something, but legit stat sites are it for $$$
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #78
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Carbine I really don't have that much against your stats, that was nothing against you...I can NOT use a posters stats to define the outcome of a $500 pot...it opens the doors to too much controversy...I'm sure you can uinderstand that.

maybe for an avy bet or something, but legit stat sites are it for $$$

1. We dont need to use Carbine. I made a point to show Carbines stats which you were in love with initially until you realized ur bet was in jeopardy ie wanting more targets attatched to Nnamdi. And that point was how FO was closer to his stat total than PFF.

2. You totally dismiss FO stats. You send them emails accusing them of making a huge error, being wrong with thier output and insulting them by saying PFF is more legit than them. Why? All because of this silly bet you made and your attempt to be right. ie "I lost the bet but won the argument, now watch me try to convince everyone because I get the sense no one feels I won the argument even tho I did. I really did. Guys?"

3. FO was classy in their response saying they are human and errors can be made. They be the first to admit it unlike a site you are promoting hardcore. They also said they are confident in their final stats dispite your crying and that give or take a couple targets...that the definition of what a target actually is? Its open for discussion given everyone has their own idea. Hence why I included Carbine to show this very point. Also on FootballFutures.com (you know this site) they too tracked Nnamdi and their totals were around what FO had. Again, goes back to the point how peoples definition of what a target is counted for varies.

4. So having said that in #3, you FAIL to show me anything from PFF that they explain what a target is to them. You FAIL to show me how they tracked NNamdi 47 targets. Face it, its not difficult to expose/reveal each target and/or explain what "targets" they counted that others like Carbine, FO and anyone else may not deem as such. You emailed and trolled FO but you didnt do a got damn thing with PFF. And you even ADMIT that if they made/make errors they would NEVER admit to it. You have HUMANS calculating these stats with their own definition of what something is. And you mean to tell me they dont make any errors? You know they do but you are willing to OVERLOOK them. But when it comes to FO? Uh oh better get MACO

5. You can keep your chump change. Dont need it. But if by the time week 1 nears us and you did some of the things I asked in #4 (you avoided it in another post)? Then I'd be open to use PFF in this bet. Until then? I'm going to be a dbag and do exactly what you did when it came to FO. Totally dismiss PFF stats. I feel they errored. There, you clown.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #79
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GoBB he said in the email that he tells his counters to dismiss zone targets when they are inbetween the gaps, where PFF doesn't...so that would be the reason they have less, most zone passes are just dismissed by FO.

after he said that I then countered that by asking him why Asante (who plays tons of zone) has 61 by both sites, and he had no answer...leading me to think they just goofed on Nnamdi

He also mentioned Nnamdi playing saftey being a possible issue...

If you read the emails I also repeatedly mention that subjective stats are PFF's bread and butter...unlike FO...I don't know how PFF counts, I don't work there, HOWEVER I do know that these stats are the foundation of their existance, so them goofing on Nnamdi's targets would be VERY VERY unlikely.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #80
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
GoBB he said in the email that he tells his counters to dismiss zone targets when they are inbetween the gaps, where PFF doesn't...so that would be the reason they have less, most zone passes are just dismissed by FO.

Carbine counted zone targets and came up with 41. Yet PFF 47. How, where, when? Simple questions. All I care to hear answers for.

Quote:
HOWEVER I do know that these stats are the foundation of their existance, so them goofing on Nnamdi's targets would be VERY VERY unlikely

And yet they arent the only source cited when it comes to stats. Funny.

How can you say them goofing on Nnamdi targets is very unlikely when you have no clue how they went about tallying up his targets????!

For all we know Nnamdi could have been credited for a target on a f*cking screen pass.

Until you show me how they define targets and how they went about Nnamdis? You're speaking French. All I'm asking is something simple. Email them.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #81
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

AGAIN, I don't know how PFF counts but I do know that these types of stats are their bread and butter, it is the bain of their existance, etc...which is why me and others would trust them more when it comes to these type of stats...I really don't know how many times I have to tell you that.

I could try to ask them for you I guess but I'm sure the answer will be "if the QB throws a pass at a player guarded by a CB then we count that as a target" lol
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #82
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I bet Carbine fell in the middle because he didn't completely throw out zone targets like FO, but he probably left some out that he felt weren't quite in Nnamdi's zone...where PFF counted all or most of them.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #83
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

it still doesn't make any sense that FO and PFF were very close on everyone BUT Nnamdi...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #84
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

For the record, I'm interested in other bets. Money involved up to $100. Will discuss as season nears.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #85
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I will make any side bets I feel good about but this year I have to use League Safe and a side man for that...

Marlo still owes me $850 (I won every single bet we made last year)

good news is that he has been keeping in constant contact via e-mail with me about this, he hasn't vanished, he is just having money issues right now. He is supposed to start making $100 payments very soon.

bad news is that I don't think we will be making any bets this year, infact I don't see how I am going to even accept being in the ISH money league with him while he owes me this much money...kind of ruined any bets between the two of us this year I think unless he magically pays me all of it before the season starts.

anyway...because of that, league safe and side man only...I don't want to have to go through this with others.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #86
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Every bet and/or money league I've been involved with ISH members I paid up. So I'm not going to give you two middle fingers if I lose a money bet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: