Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rose's surgery was a success, had it this morning

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3688002.story

"The surgery went great today. I just left him over at Rush (Hospital)," Reggie Rose said before being inducted into the Chicago Public League Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame during ceremonies at Hawthorne race course.

"Dr. (Brian) Cole did the surgery -- the doctor from the Chicago Bulls," Reggie said. "He did a great job. Derrick came out of it and so far everything is going well. My mom, my brothers, the whole family right now is over there to support him."
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Upgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rose's surgery was a success, had it this morning

I hope he can come back and play at 100%. He needs to change his game up a little bit to prevent another injury. I think he will come back and be improved. He'll play smarter. I don't think he'll lose any quickness. He's not some past his prime veteran.
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Get well Derrick. Take ALL the time you need to fully heal before you step onto the Basketball court once again.

We luv ya D Rose!
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
Get well Derrick. Take ALL the time you need to fully heal before you step onto the Basketball court once again.

We luv ya D Rose!
I'm saying man. I don't even want to see him on the court next year. We need to make sure that knee is 110%.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I wonder why they chose Cole instead of Andrews who has a better track record
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I wonder why they chose Cole instead of Andrews who has a better track record
I thought the same thing considering he did AP and Kevin Smith's ACL surgeries.

But I mean as long as it works....I don't mind.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #7
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I wish they would have went with Andrews. 95% of the time it won't matter, but if you can make the 5% work in your favor, do it.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Rose
Moon Wizard

From KCJ's twitter...

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Dr. Brian Cole estimates 8-12 months for DRose recovery.

24m K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Bulls physician Brian Cole: "Derrick is doing great. The surgery went really well. No surprises."

29m K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Be awesome if Bulls team physician opens with, "Derrick's knee has more than enough to win with . . . "

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Bulls Dr. Brian Cole: "Statistically, he should be that player and then some. That doesnít mean itís guaranteed.

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
#Bulls GM Gar Forman said he plans to talk to Luol Deng soon to discuss his injured left wrist. Deng will play in London Olympics.

12m K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Important to note Reggie Rose is already on record that Derrick won't miss the entire 2012-13 season.

14m K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
#Bulls trainer Fred Tedeschi: "Those who know him know heís terrific to deal with. He has done everything Iíve asked and more."

18m K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
#Bulls Dr. Brian Cole: "Derrick didn't tear his medial collateral ligament, which made his pre-hab go much smoother."

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
#Bulls GM Gar Forman on DRose: "His spirits seem really good. In his mind, heís determined to attack this rehab."
Old 05-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Well, I'm looking at the local news, and the doc that did the surgery just finished a press conference regarding Rose. Got some good news and bad news. The Good news is that the medical team is confident Rose can return to the exact same explosive self he was before.

But there is a catch. Getting Rose back to this level will require longer recovery and therapy. Dr. Cole is saying best case scenario, Rose returns completely unchanged, but missed almost the entire season next season.

Its good to know he can return back to form, but to know next year will be a mute year will be tough. Nothing to look forward to...
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Well, I'm looking at the local news, and the doc that did the surgery just finished a press conference regarding Rose. Got some good news and bad news. The Good news is that the medical team is confident Rose can return to the exact same explosive self he was before.

But there is a catch. Getting Rose back to this level will require longer recovery and therapy. Dr. Cole is saying best case scenario, Rose returns completely unchanged, but missed almost the entire season next season.

Its good to know he can return back to form, but to know next year will be a mute year will be tough. Nothing to look forward to...

I think after last year sitting him for the whole season will be best. Let his knee gain confidence and the pain of that injury-riddled season fade to black.

There is a lot to look forward to. Our team plays tough no matter if Derrick is suited up or not. I expect our boys to win 47 games next year at least.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Rose
Moon Wizard

I'm with Go Getter. REST THAT MAN. DO NOT force him back or start him with big minutes, I don't give a shit if the only playing time he gets is us getting blown out in game 82 with 4 seconds left. If that's when he feels fine, then he can come back. Have a nice standing ovation, hit a corner three, and we can look forward to either the playoffs, or the lottery.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think he'll miss the entire season next year, but whatever it takes. Obviously I want to see as much of DRose on the court as I possibly can, but I'd rather he definitely be back when it's the right time and not rush back. It'll be frustrating to see the Bulls for the majority of the year without him and possibly Luol as well, but if we can fight for the 5-7 seed which I think is very realistic then we can get Luol back and I see Derrick coming back after the All Star break.

We all know how motivated he is and how much of a hard worker he is. He is going to do whatever it takes to return back to form. We have to stay supportive and hope for the best. Rehab will be tough, but it will be important for him to rest, fully heal from all the multiple injuries and really work on his body and conditioning as a whole to come back even better than before.

In the time being the rest of the roster will have to hold down the fort until Deng and Rose return whenever that may be. The roster is still good enough to compete for a playoff spot and then with the team at full strength make a run come postseason time.

The front office will have to do work this offseason to bring in a playmaker and add to the depth specifically on the offensive side of the ball in order to ensure a quality team until our guys get back to being healthy.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I think after last year sitting him for the whole season will be best. Let his knee gain confidence and the pain of that injury-riddled season fade to black.

There is a lot to look forward to. Our team plays tough no matter if Derrick is suited up or not. I expect our boys to win 47 games next year at least.

Although I wouldn't mind him sitting for the whole year if it was needed I don't think it will be.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I'm with Go Getter. REST THAT MAN. DO NOT force him back or start him with big minutes, I don't give a shit if the only playing time he gets is us getting blown out in game 82 with 4 seconds left. If that's when he feels fine, then he can come back. Have a nice standing ovation, hit a corner three, and we can look forward to either the playoffs, or the lottery.

Controlling the minutes he plays when he does come back whenever that is will be extremely important.

Either Thibs needs to take a long hard look in the mirror at himself this offseason or Management needs to step in and have some kind of say or influence on him when it comes to his time management with our guys.

I love Thibs, we need to resign him, and I want him to be our coach for a long time but this is something he needs to work on.

He needs to play the starters less minutes. He needs to sit guys when games are under control. Luol and Derrick especially need to play less when it's not absolutely necessary.

We have depth and a good bench for a reason. Use it.

The team as is will be a contender and only get better with additions and the improvement of our young players and starters. We don't need to play every game like it's a game 7 of the Finals.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Controlling minutes won't help non-contact injuries. It helps with fatigue and may help prevent contact injuries but if a guy is going to blow his knee out on a routine jump stop it's just meant to be that way.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: