Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default Re: Rose's surgery was a success, had it this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Although I wouldn't mind him sitting for the whole year if it was needed I don't think it will be.
By all accounts it takes 12 months to get back to 100% normal. To me, and I'm not sure about this, Rose likes to play the game in a certain way. I think for him to do this he needs to be totally healthy. Bringing him back into the fray when his timing is off and the whole league is in shape and in form imo is a recipe for disaster.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Controlling minutes won't help non-contact injuries. It helps with fatigue and may help prevent contact injuries but if a guy is going to blow his knee out on a routine jump stop it's just meant to be that way.

I understand where your coming from when it comes to Derrick's ACL injury, but that doesn't mean it didn't have an overall impact on his other injuries or other guys injuries. It's something that needs to be looked at and addressed because it has an impact.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
By all accounts it takes 12 months to get back to 100% normal. To me, and I'm not sure about this, Rose likes to play the game in a certain way. I think for him to do this he needs to be totally healthy. Bringing him back into the fray when his timing is off and the whole league is in shape and in form imo is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah and believe me if that's what it takes then so be it, but they give that range of a timeframe because it's possible to come back in less time. Also at the end of that given range they give it's for the athlete to return to normal activities so it doesn't mean that he won't be able to run or shoot or anything like that until the end of the range. It may take 10-12 months but he may be able to start shooting and jogging/running after 8 months or so.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I understand where your coming from when it comes to Derrick's ACL injury, but that doesn't mean it didn't have an overall impact on his other injuries or other guys injuries. It's something that needs to be looked at and addressed because it has an impact.
Dude is 23. He should be able to run for days. I think his injuries had a lot to do with him not stretching properly and taking his treatments seriously. Being the fastest and strongest probably allowed him to take shortcuts in the past. Now he has to be very very health conscious.

But who knows man, these are just theories.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Yeah and believe me if that's what it takes then so be it, but they give that range of a timeframe because it's possible to come back in less time. Also at the end of that given range they give it's for the athlete to return to normal activities so it doesn't mean that he won't be able to run or shoot or anything like that until the end of the range. It may take 10-12 months but he may be able to start shooting and jogging/running after 8 months or so.
Yeah I do think he should be getting in shape and participating in team activities but the way he was out of form when he came back this year tells me that he'll probably need a full training camp and pre-season to get in full stride. I don't like putting him out there rusty when the rest of the league is in playoff form.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah I do think he should be getting in shape and participating in team activities but the way he was out of form when he came back this year tells me that he'll probably need a full training camp and pre-season to get in full stride. I don't like putting him out there rusty when the rest of the league is in playoff form.

I hear you. Just have to trust that Derrick, those close to him, the Bulls organization, the doctors, trainers and coaches are all smart about this and he returns when he's absolutely ready to whether it be 8 months from now or after sitting out all of next season.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I hear you. Just have to trust that Derrick, those close to him, the Bulls organization, the doctors, trainers and coaches are all smart about this and he returns when he's absolutely ready to whether it be 8 months from now or after sitting out all of next season.
I want to "baby him" like my boy now
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
I want to "baby him" like my boy now

Understandable. lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: