Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool
Default Persuit of Happiness

has anyone seen this movie, i am thinking about going today to see it
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

ITs actually spelled Pursuit of Happyness and no i havent seen it
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

whatever, how you spell it
Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

yeah great movie on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give it 7
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

It's an average flick and it's an emotional roller coaster. I hate using cliches, but that's the best way you can explain it.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone know of any good movies with a good twist? Doesn't really have to be recent, but I'm looking for one. Just saw Lucky Number Slevin a few days ago and loved it, and I want one in that sort of range. Any ideas?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

just got back from seeing it, great movie
Old 01-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

it's a pretty good movie, i'm gonna go watch blood diamond right now in a lil while...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

havent seen that one
Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Anyone know of any good movies with a good twist? Doesn't really have to be recent, but I'm looking for one. Just saw Lucky Number Slevin a few days ago and loved it, and I want one in that sort of range. Any ideas?

Fight Club, Primal Fear, Swordfish

Last edited by ALBballer : 01-01-2007 at 08:05 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 AM   #11
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
it's a pretty good movie, i'm gonna go watch blood diamond right now in a lil while...
oh thas seriosly a great movie a bit long but real good :)
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 AM   #12
felics
Can barely lace up my sneakers

felics has an OK reputation so far

You may know this is based on the story of Chris Gardner...who goes from being ok to very very poor to bottom out, but never gives up, keeps a positive attitude and who finally succeeds. It is a very stressful film if you have had humble beginnings. What I really liked is it is based on what appears to be a great American story indeed. The toughness of life at the bottom and a manís passion to better ones self is told well. My kid liked it, wife liked it ,Thumbs up here too. For more on the real story of Chris Gardner see link below.

http://www.mastermindtrader.com/Chri...r_Gardner.html

Last edited by felics : 01-17-2007 at 05:27 AM.
felics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #13
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

I thought Lucky Number Slevin was awesome for a movie that I consider to be largely overlooked. It had a plot just smart enough not to be stupid, if that makes any sense.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: