Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Its over. Time to talk about next season.

Well I cant say I had initially predicted they would win the championship, even if their big 3 is very talented.

I'd like to thank the lakers for coming out, especially Kobe, as he always does. It was a B- season to me.

This shows exactly how difficult it is to win a title, and when they had won 2 titles back to back (3 finals appearances in a row), we absolutely took it for granted. Its never easy to go through all of that. Never easy to earn a top 4 seed, never easy to beat a team 4 times in the playoffs. I don't care how low seeded they are.

Look at the clippers, Blake + Paul + other good role players, ended up getting swept by the older and experienced spurs.

Basketball is a game of integrity. You take some time to find your niche on a team, and then once you find what works, you have to remain consistent with what works. Although the lakers had found ways to get big leads on the Thunder, the thunder exposed the lakers' issues with consistency.

People say we should have been up 3-1. I say the lakers could have very well been swept. Thats why this series was probably a lot closer than people think. 4-1 is one thing. Losing by 1-3 points in about 3 of those games is another story.

It was a fun season to watch, and I always enjoy supporting the lake show in the playoffs. Our own little time to feel like we're going into battle.

The team's future is in question. We already know where Kobe is going to be. That's always a nice reassurance. We don't know about Pau. Will he be traded? Will lakers pick up Bynum's option? Will they pick it up to trade him? Will Mike Brown still be coach? Will Ramon Sessions still be our man at the PG?

Its going to be a fun off-season. I love discussing trades and possibilities just as much as the rest of you.

Bye for now lakers, see you guys in October!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Default Re: Its over. Time to talk about next season.

Kobe played his ass off last night. He actually had a sense of urgency and played like his life depended on it. He had a great game, including some nice dunks which you rarely see nowadays. It's sad that Gasol Bynum couldn't step up. They were an absolute embarrassment. Now I'm even more worried about the Lakers after Kobe retires... Who will be build around? Especially if we are going to build our team around an immature clown Andrew Bynum who wanted to be cocky, but didn't even show up for more then one game. As someone once told me, Hard Work beats Talent, when Talent doesn't work hard. It disgusts me to see someone with the talent of Bynum, has the maturity of a 4th grader.

The roster definitely needs a revamp, we need hungry, young players instead of lazy players like Bynum who are satisfied and content with the 2 rings Kobe got them. Don't even get me started on Pau making 19MIl a year yet disappearing in the playoffs once again, playing with no heart. The guys in the offseason thread had some great suggestions, J-Smoove, Ariza, Hinrich, Hill all sound great.

But the first thing is the coach. I know Brown has only been with the Lakers for one year, but it's pretty clear this isn't working out. Even casual fans know this. Mike Brown definitely had enough talent. Hell any coach is gonna look good when they have Kobe or LeBron. We would still be playing with Mike Brown wasn't being such an idiot. We could have been up 3-1 easily if Michael Brown learned to manage his subbing a lot better and came up with matchup adjustments once something isn't working.

I really liked Rick Adeleman when was with Houston. SVG is another great coach. I think if they could get Stan, it's worth a shot.

Bottomline, OKC won cause they were the better team. Period. Props to them.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

I hate next year

fvck u stern, don't know why, but fvck you!
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well I cant say I had initially predicted they would win the championship, even if their big 3 is very talented.

I'd like to thank the lakers for coming out, especially Kobe, as he always does. It was a B- season to me.

This shows exactly how difficult it is to win a title, and when they had won 2 titles back to back (3 finals appearances in a row), we absolutely took it for granted. Its never easy to go through all of that. Never easy to earn a top 4 seed, never easy to beat a team 4 times in the playoffs. I don't care how low seeded they are.

Look at the clippers, Blake + Paul + other good role players, ended up getting swept by the older and experienced spurs.

Basketball is a game of integrity. You take some time to find your niche on a team, and then once you find what works, you have to remain consistent with what works. Although the lakers had found ways to get big leads on the Thunder, the thunder exposed the lakers' issues with consistency.

People say we should have been up 3-1. I say the lakers could have very well been swept. Thats why this series was probably a lot closer than people think. 4-1 is one thing. Losing by 1-3 points in about 3 of those games is another story.

It was a fun season to watch, and I always enjoy supporting the lake show in the playoffs. Our own little time to feel like we're going into battle.

The team's future is in question. We already know where Kobe is going to be. That's always a nice reassurance. We don't know about Pau. Will he be traded? Will lakers pick up Bynum's option? Will they pick it up to trade him? Will Mike Brown still be coach? Will Ramon Sessions still be our man at the PG?
Its going to be a fun off-season. I love discussing trades and possibilities just as much as the rest of you.

Bye for now lakers, see you guys in October!

Very well written LF

This year is really exposing the power of coaching....it's not that Coach Pop is playing chess while the others are playing checkers.....he IS the chess board and all the pieces.....by far the smartest coach in the NBA right now......the Lakers got a video coordinator as a head coach and failed.....Coach Vinny is nearly as bad, Coach Spo......lmao....good lord, what has happened to the profession??? Not saying that coaching can always overcome superior talent but things being somewhat equal, the better coach can find a way, make key adjustments, have his bench established and prepared, instill the right dedication and attitude....along with the right offensive system and defensive strategy.

LF yes, we could've been swept but it is also true that we could've won 4-1 also....both are true.

As mad as we all are at Bynum.....the Center position is the most talent lacking position in the NBA, so who can we replace him with other than Dwight....and he is coming off back surgery....a dangerous option.
I would stick with Bynum and hire a coach he can respect.

We cannot and will not keep Pau......guaranteed!!!
I'm old school and prefer a PF who is tough, physical and hustles.......rebounds, blocks shots. I had warmed to the Euro ball types but watching the last 2 years of Pau has sent me back to my roots.

I'd like to see a solid playoff tested starting PG with Sessions as the backup......bye bye Blake......I think he wants out after the idiots threatened his family.

We need to pick up 2 solid shooter types for the bench, guys who are athletic and can finish at the basket.
I think we have more talent than shown on our bench however they were not used properly by Potato Head video coordinator......there are some pieces we may want to keep and give a chance to if their salaries are low.

For me, this was not an enjoyable season to watch....probably one of the most painful because of the inept coaching, as long as he is here we will not win a title, I will only be excited about next season after he is fired.

Of all the teams left, I really want anyone but SA, Boston and Miami to win it.......I hate Boston, Hate Spurs/Duncan fans, Hate Lebron and Wade.

IMO this title will not be legitimate because of the evil hand of David Stern......Fk him x Infinity!!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 05-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I know a lot of people are going to mention Mike Brown.

This is a good lesson for other teams. If you are going to hire a coach, hire based on the type of team you have. Would Phil Jackson be effective with a 2006 Phoenix Suns team? Highly doubtful in my opinion. A running team. Not interested in playing slow. Did Flip Saunders work out for the defensive minded pistons? Nope. It confused their identity.

This year we have seen Mike Brown coaching an offensive minded lakers team. While the defense was above average, the offense took some hits.

Now if the lakers plan on keeping Brown, I would give it one more benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely going to be under the microscope even more so than last season.

The job of the coach is that he or she is supposed to give a team an identity. If they fail in doing so, then that means they are not ready to go far in the playoffs. The only reason the lakers went deep into the playoffs are because of talent, which could have easily beaten the nuggets in the first round. I knew this team wasn't ready when they allowed the nuggets to force a game 7.

Whether the coaching works out or not, it is a good lesson for teams to take to select their coach based on their capabilities rather than who had the better interview. I am sure Jim Buss is taking notes as well. I know DK will have a few marks regarding that

I would like to see an improvement from the following people coming next season, assuming they are all still here:

Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum
Mike Brown
Ramon Sessions

Thats all I can think of so far. Keep chipping in people! Off-season doesnt mean we can't post :)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:

This is a good lesson for other teams. If you are going to hire a coach, hire based on the type of team you have. Would Phil Jackson be effective with a 2006 Phoenix Suns team? Highly doubtful in my opinion. A running team. Not interested in playing slow. Did Flip Saunders work out for the defensive minded pistons? Nope. It confused their identity.

This year we have seen Mike Brown coaching an offensive minded lakers team. While the defense was above average, the offense took some hits.

Now if the lakers plan on keeping Brown, I would give it one more benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely going to be under the microscope even more so than last season.

The job of the coach is that he or she is supposed to give a team an identity. If they fail in doing so, then that means they are not ready to go far in the playoffs. The only reason the lakers went deep into the playoffs are because of talent, which could have easily beaten the nuggets in the first round. I knew this team wasn't ready when they allowed the nuggets to force a game 7.

Whether the coaching works out or not, it is a good lesson for teams to take to select their coach based on their capabilities rather than who had the better interview. I am sure Jim Buss is taking notes as well. I know DK will have a few marks regarding that

I would like to see an improvement from the following people coming next season, assuming they are all still here:

Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum
Mike Brown
Ramon Sessions

Thats all I can think of so far. Keep chipping in people! Off-season doesnt mean we can't post :)

You make some great points here

It's funny, strange that in the NBA, coaches are so attached to 1 system or 1 offense. In AAU ball, most coaches teach their players multiple offenses and defenses, this allows them to change on the fly at a moments notice based on the opponent's match-ups and style of play.
There have been times where I had to match adjustments with another great coach where we each went through 8 offenses and 6 defenses in just 1 game......talk about stress. In addition most coaches are coaching multiple teams, different ages different levels....each runs a main offense to maximize the abilities of the players on that specific team.....but as I said they still learn the other offenses. My top teams often call out the adjustments before I can even relay it to them, I have taught them the game to that level of knowledge. I don't see why NBA coaches are usually so rigid....although most are capable of making adjustments.....not MB.

I'm all for giving a guy a chance.......but you have to realize that when a player or coach is so far away from having any potential for success it is a complete waste of time......waiting for MB to be a good coach is like waiting for Steve Blake to become the NBA's all time leading scorer.....it's never going to happen......that is why I am so hard on the guy.....he was terrible in Cleveland and equally as bad here.......he hasn't learned a thing about offense, nothing about rotations nor leadership, integrity, motivation......nothing at all, no improvement at all whatsoever.
No need to blow another year on the guy, we are the Lakers not the Bobcats.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Lakers need to trade Andrew Bynum.
F.uck em. He doesn't want to be here.

1. Trade Andrew Bynum + Steve Blake for deron Williams+marshon brooks(a young Kobe Bryant lite)

2. Sign Lamar odom.
2b. Start Lamar odom. Allow pau more room to operate and Lamar and pau mesh well.

3. Sign Kenyon Martin

Pg Dwill
Sg kb
Sf Ron artest
Pf Lamar
C. Pau

Bench
C hill
Pf Kenyon Martin
Sf Barnes
Sg marshon brooks
Pg sessions.

We improve our bench tremendously. Brooks is a straigh baller. Dude will be awesome. Them we have a great pg in sessions off the bench with hill and kmart. The second squad has good defense an is very athletic. They can run, run, run.

Now our starting squad. :)

Becomes way better. Let's be real. Pau was WAY better on the low block. Add Lamar to the mix. Then the best pg in the game to make our bigs better.

We lose Bynum but gain Dwill and marshon brooks(who is honestly very good)

Also brooks can score and create his shot. So can deron and he can create for others.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

GREAT conversation from everybody...Now let's hope Jim Buss doesn't bump heads with Mitch for wanting to trade Bynum...People I personally think Bynum will walk when his time comes.

We must get something now for injury free year for Bynum and allstar appearance.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Lets talk about what we'd like to do for each position. I'll go first:

1) Coaching: Either try MB out one more year (dont hate me DK ), but if I had the option, I'd make an aggressive push for Jerry Sloan. The guy is out there, and he's my favorite coach. What do you guys think about getting Jerry Sloan? His offense is very well structured. But we'd have to probably trade for a star level PG.

2) Center: No other options. Like DK mentioned, Howard's back is a risk at this point. Noone else is better than Bynum.

3) Power Forward: Trade Gasol. I think this will happen. His value is at an all time low for him, trade him before it gets lower. Shoot, give us Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley and we'll call it fair. Those are guys that are young and athletic enough to keep up with the thunder, Do it Mitch!!!

4)Small Forward: Kobe said it, Ron plays the hardest on this team. I love ron ron. I want to keep him, but I think we need more athleticism. Maybe ron ron off the bench?

5) Shooting guard: lol

6) PG: Ramon Sessions has shown us flashes of what he can do if given the full time job.
While he plays a lot of minutes, I don't see that they are giving him the full time job. I see Kobe dribbling a lot. It takes away from what Ramon does best. Ramon was great when he was running. He should ignore the veterans and run when it is in his favor. I dont care if Kobe told him that. If you have a clear path to the rim, you go and cause havoc for the other team. If he can do that, I would like to keep Ramon as our main ball handler.

Bench:
Jordan Hill was very good, although he only started playing near the end, so its hard to tell whether he was energetic against a bunch of worn out season vets, or if this guy is the real deal. I say we keep him. Big bodies that are quick slashers are valuable. He just has to learn not to get blocked.

Steve Blake is a good dude. He plays his ass off. But we need points. I dont think he can give us points. He can give us defense on any given night, but when he's off, he can be way off.

Barnes does a bit of everything but not on a consistent basis. Again people. POINTS!!!!!!!!!!

noone else on the bench deserves any sort of recognition. Obviously keep Ebanks, goudelock, and morris. I dont see McRoberts and Murphy as valuable anymore. Murphy is for sure gone.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Lets talk about what we'd like to do for each position. I'll go first:

1) Coaching: Either try MB out one more year (dont hate me DK ), but if I had the option, I'd make an aggressive push for Jerry Sloan. The guy is out there, and he's my favorite coach. What do you guys think about getting Jerry Sloan? His offense is very well structured. But we'd have to probably trade for a star level PG.

2) Center: No other options. Like DK mentioned, Howard's back is a risk at this point. Noone else is better than Bynum.

3) Power Forward: Trade Gasol. I think this will happen. His value is at an all time low for him, trade him before it gets lower.

i dont agree with this statement at all....we as fans look at the stats and other stuff...

but the coaches & GM also look how he is being utilize. What are his strengths and what are his weakness. How he can help their own team. Who is the center playing alongside with me.

I have no doubt that Pau Gasol once traded will again average 22/11.

Mike brown is freaking clueless and has no clue on how to use Pau Gasol. Having him is so useless....its not even funny...Pau has never in his career been a high post guy.

Mike Brown needed to learn his players strengths and then tweak his system to their strengths and not have a hard line for his system

I can go on & on how dumb fcuk mike brown is ....but I think they are leaning towards giving him a chance

Quote:
Shoot, give us Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley and we'll call it fair. Those are guys that are young and athletic enough to keep up with the thunder, Do it Mitch!!!
[/quote]
having those 2 guys...Derrick Williams & Beasley puts us back 2 steps...why??? cause both are not battle tested...they are on their rookie contracts...they have not played any meaningful games....

does kobe have enough patience to wait for these guys to contribute in the playoffs big time??? look at sessions and how he shrinked in his 1st playoffs.

I would trade Pau for a battle tested player like maybe josh smith......Rondo(Dreaming)....

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 05-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

Focus on getting a good starting PG here is the list...

Quote:
Point Guard
(name, team 2011-12 salary status)

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets $16.4 million Player Option ($17.8 million)
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns $11.7 million Unrestricted
Aaron Brooks, Phoenix Suns $2.0 million Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers $7.6 million Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks $8.0 million Unrestricted
Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks $8.6 million Unrestricted
Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets $7.8 million Unrestricted
Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers $2.0 million Unrestricted
Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic $7.8 million Player Option ($7.8 million)
D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats $3.2 million Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks $10.7 million Unrestricted
George Hill, Indiana Pacers $2.1 million Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Jordan Farmar, Brooklyn Nets $4.0 million Player Option ($4.3 million)
Leandro Barbosa, Indiana Pacers $7.6 million Unrestricted
Beno Udrih, Milwaukee Bucks $7.0 million Player Option ($7.4 million)
Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets $2.1 million Unrestricted
Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors $3.0 million Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder $3.4 million Unrestricted
Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers $4.3 million Unrestricted
Mo Williams, L.A. Clippers $8.5 million Player Option ($8.5 million)
Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers $3.4 million Unrestricted
Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics $2.2 million Unrestricted
Ishmael Smith, Orlando Magic $0.5 million Unrestricted*
Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers $4.3 million Player Option ($4.6 million)
Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks $0.8 million Unrestricted*
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets $0.9 million Unrestricted*
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers $0.9 million Unrestricted*
Baron Davis, New York Knicks $1.3 million Unrestricted
Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder $1.2 million Unrestricted
John Lucas, Chicago Bulls $0.9 million Unrestricted
Gilbert Arenas, Memphis Grizzlies $0.4 million Unrestricted
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks $1.1 million Unrestricted
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks $1.1 million Unrestricted
Walker Russell, Jr., Detroit Pistons $0.4 million Unrestricted*
Darius Morris, L.A. Lakers $0.5 million Unrestricted*
Terrell Harris, Miami HEAT $0.5 million Unrestricted*
Carldell Johnson, New Orleans Hornets $0.5 million Unrestricted*
DeAndre Liggins, Orlando Magic $0.5 million Unrestricted*
Ronnie Price, Phoenix Suns $1.1 million Unrestricted
T.J. Ford, Golden State Warriors $1.1 million Unrestricted
Anthony Carter, Toronto Raptors $1.3 million Unrestricted
Roger Mason, Washington Wizards $1.1 million Unrestricted
Jamaal Tinsley, Utah Jazz $1.2 million Team Option ($1.3 million)
Donald Sloan, Cleveland Cavaliers $0.2 million Unrestricted*
Manny Harris, Cleveland Cavaliers $0.4 million Unrestricted*
Patty Mills, San Antonio Spurs $0.3 million Unrestricted*
Courtney Fortson, Houston Rockets $0.2 million Unrestricted*
Mike James, Chicago Bulls $0.6 million Unrestricted
Jerome Dyson, New Orleans Hornets $0.1 million Unrestricted*
Ben Uzoh, Toronto Raptors $0.2 million Unrestricted*
Armon Johnson, Brooklyn Nets $0.1 million Unrestricted*
Earl Boykins, Houston Rockets $0.2 million Unrestricted
Blake Ahearn, Utah Jazz $0.1 million Unrestricted*

Keep Bynum...trade Gasol...keep Hill and it would be a pipedream to get Phil back. I miss Phil.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

Quote:
I would trade Pau for a battle tested player like maybe josh smith......Rondo(Dreaming)....

I do that in a heartbeat.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
i dont agree with this statement at all....we as fans look at the stats and other stuff...

but the coaches & GM also look how he is being utilize. What are his strengths and what are his weakness. How he can help their own team. Who is the center playing alongside with me.

I have no doubt that Pau Gasol once traded will again average 22/11.

Mike brown is freaking clueless and has no clue on how to use Pau Gasol. Having him is so useless....its not even funny...Pau has never in his career been a high post guy.

Mike Brown needed to learn his players strengths and then tweak his system to their strengths and not have a hard line for his system

I can go on & on how dumb fcuk mike brown is ....but I think they are leaning towards giving him a chance

having those 2 guys...Derrick Williams & Beasley puts us back 2 steps...why??? cause both are not battle tested...they are on their rookie contracts...they have not played any meaningful games....

does kobe have enough patience to wait for these guys to contribute in the playoffs big time??? look at sessions and how he shrinked in his 1st playoffs.

I would trade Pau for a battle tested player like maybe josh smith......Rondo(Dreaming)....[/quote]

Pau Gasol's woes have had nothing to do with how he was being utilized. Im not getting into anymore coach debates. But Kobe said it himself. Pau is left open a lot, and instead of being aggressive, he passes, turns it over, or shoots jumpers. Nothing wrong with shooting jumpers, unless of course they don't go in. He's been bad since last year. He's done and he won't improve.

His age and his decline so far will factor into that he can't even put up decent numbers consistently. You think that next year, a year older, that his numbers will go up again? Well this is your opinion. Certainly not wrong necessarily, but its a tough opinion to have considering the circumstances. Its just like saying McGrady, who is younger than Kobe, will suddenly become the league's stop scorer if given the ball enough times per game. I do not endorse that.

Michael Beasley is a very good scorer, Derrick williams is the only one still on his rookie contract. But beasley is a proven role player at the very least. He'd be great off the bench, and Derrick Williams as well as another young athletic addition would make this team a bit more of a pain in the ass.

We are facing an era in the NBA where all the players we knew the last decade are either gone, or too old to make significant contributions. Its time to bring in veterans that are considered new, because the new thing with the top teams are young athletic perimeter players.

Look at the thunder. Durant, Westbrook....even their big man in Ibaka is fast and athletic.

Look at the spurs. Same old big three, but kawhi leonard, and other athletic young guys doing the dirty work for the big three are helping this team into legitimate contention.

Look at the Pacers. Granger, Collison, George Hill, Hibbert. All young and athletic.

Look at the heat. Lebron, Wade, Chalmers, Bosh is hurt but hes young and athletic.

The celtics and the sixers also have young role players that are athletic.

Well you better have gotten my point thus far into the post. The lakers dont have young athletic players. They have Ebanks who doesn't play, but when he does, he can block shots as you'd seen him do last game on the athletic superstars. But....he isnt being utilized. We're going to have to let barnes walk if we want Ebanks to play.

With athleticism, you get both, great defense, and a team with the potential to run more. The lakers asked their only athletic player in the lineup in sessions, to slow it down more. We barely ran this year. It sucked. Simply put, they need to rebuild the outter core that surrounds Kobe and Bynum. Thats right, Kobe and Bynum...Pau isnt in the picture. Sorry.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Come to think of it?

Has pau ever played well with bynum?

no. We should have dealt one of them a long time ago. We needed a star quality pg and unfortunately, these two will no longer land us the cream of the crop.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #15
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:

Great, insightful post.

LF, have you changed your tune regarding Mike Brown, or are you extending an olive branch to the DK's and Foley's of the world? Either way, I especially agree with the bolded part. As an example, the reason Tom Thibodeau had such a hard time getting hired was because he didn't always come off too well during interviews, even though most NBAers (or, hell, anyone who had ever attended one of his incredible clinics) knew he had a brilliant basketball mind.

Also, I got a little overzealous in my responses to you a couple weeks ago. My bad. The nonsense with those internet sociopaths threatening Blake's wife and kids really showed me that there's a limit to how seriously you should take a game. I still love the Lakers unconditionally, but as you said earlier, it should play a distant second or third to the truly important things in life.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: