Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board
Default Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Pau needs to force Ibaka to drive or at least take a dribble when he gets a pass. If Ibaka gets a wide open jumper, he's money when all he gotta do is catch and shoot. But if you make him dribble just one time, his percentage drops dramatically (just like KG) so Pau has to close out on that

Anytime Perk gets the ball and is gathering himself to dunk, please foul the crap out of him. It irritates me when guys just let him dunk. Put him on the foul line, he shoots like 60%

You have to respect Russell Westbrook's midrange game now, its pretty damn good. And he can finish well, don't see what the heck the Lakers can do other than contest him.

Please don't foul jumpshooters. Metta's gonna have his hands full, as will Ebanks and Barnes with KD

I just don't see anyone who can guard Harden. He's too laterally quick for Ron, maybe Barnes and Ebanks can do something. Harden is their X factor, if he gets 20points, you can chalk that up to a W for OKC most nights
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some bad calls here and there, but hopefully karma takes care of the rest of this game...
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers using zone defense. I didn't realize it until Kenny Smith pointed it out. This doesn't look good.. How often have the Lakers used zone defense in a while?? Opposing teams were forced to use zone defense to slow down the Lakers; now the Lakers have to use zone defense to slow another team?? Still, the Thunder are splitting apart the zone defense.

This doesn't look good gentlemen. It will be a very short series if Lakers offense doesn't start clicking to alleviate some of the pressure off their defense. ;/
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #19
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sigh. Complete blowout. Never thought this would happen. Lakers look LOST. Mike Brown looking frustrated, Lakers players look lost. They have no answer, nothing man. What the hell?? What is this? No communication? Can't make shots. OKC just lights out. This is insane. These guys better than the Celtics two years ago? Unbelievable. Speechless. Frustrating to see.

What do we do? Is there anything we can do to make it a series? Anything? I don't even know how we counter this. Can try inside-out but how will that help? OKC just completely dismantled the Lakers.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Sigh. Complete blowout. Never thought this would happen. Lakers look LOST. Mike Brown looking frustrated, Lakers players look lost. They have no answer, nothing man. What the hell?? What is this? No communication? Can't make shots. OKC just lights out. This is insane. These guys better than the Celtics two years ago? Unbelievable. Speechless. Frustrating to see.

What do we do? Is there anything we can do to make it a series? Anything? I don't even know how we counter this. Can try inside-out but how will that help? OKC just completely dismantled the Lakers.
Tired team with less than 36 hours of prep time vs a team that's spent the last 9 days knowing they'd be seeing the Lakers and practicing new wrinkles and looks while drinking Pina Coladas on the veranda while they wait
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #21
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ugh

Don't have much hope in this one and it showed why in game 1
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Oklahoman:

It’s too early to say Bryant can’t check Westbrook. I’m not about to bet against one of the greatest players ever to play the game. But when Westbrook is ducking behind ball screens and swishing his mid-range shot and slicing through L.A.’s pick-and-roll coverage and setting up teammates as he was tonight, he’s virtually unstoppable. Good luck to whomever has to cover the Honey Badger at that point.
Westbrook’s final line: 27 points, seven rebounds, nine assists, two steals, one turnover, 10-of-15 shooting.
You read that right. Nine assists. One turnover. That was easily the most impressive aspect of Westbrook’s performance tonight. He was under control. He displayed great decision-making. He played with terrific pace. And he didn’t force anything all night. He took what was there and his assist-to-turnover ratio bears that out.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #23
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Oklahoman:

It’s too early to say Bryant can’t check Westbrook. I’m not about to bet against one of the greatest players ever to play the game. But when Westbrook is ducking behind ball screens and swishing his mid-range shot and slicing through L.A.’s pick-and-roll coverage and setting up teammates as he was tonight, he’s virtually unstoppable. Good luck to whomever has to cover the Honey Badger at that point.
Westbrook’s final line: 27 points, seven rebounds, nine assists, two steals, one turnover, 10-of-15 shooting.
You read that right. Nine assists. One turnover. That was easily the most impressive aspect of Westbrook’s performance tonight. He was under control. He displayed great decision-making. He played with terrific pace. And he didn’t force anything all night. He took what was there and his assist-to-turnover ratio bears that out.

It's too bad that MB cannot figure out that the Lakers would destroy every team with pick and rolls.
Isn't DEFENSE supposed to be MB's strength

Don't expect any adjustments to be made judging by the Denver series.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Getting my fishing rods together.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
It's too bad that MB cannot figure out that the Lakers would destroy every team with pick and rolls.
Isn't DEFENSE supposed to be MB's strength

Don't expect any adjustments to be made judging by the Denver series.

I have to admit....On offense, all the players were standing. I didn't like it in the least bit....For crying out loud at least pretend that you're running an offense and set picks or something. Its not difficult.

As far as Kobe, I think he's done. Between the game 7 of Denver and yesterdays game versus OKC, I saw Kobe turn the ball over about 10 times where the defenders literally take it from him, like candy from a baby.

What do you think?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #26
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

my dayam that was one hell of an ass whoopin

luckily, whether you lose by 40 or by 1, its still only one loss

but wow, Westbrook is going to eat up anyone trying to guard him, his speed and power is unmatched by anyone left in the final 4 out west

I think Drew needs to come out farther when defending the pick and roll, he is still in the paint, Russ is just pulling up from about 15 feet and hitting it with ease. But in order to do that, someone has to rotate to seal Drew's man, and the Laker wings don't do that well. Pau has to help on that too, then someone gotta help Pau when he rotates.

The pick and roll defense is rearing its ugly head again, that shit killed LA last year, and its doing the same now

and a fvcking ZONE? I have never, ever, seen the Lakers run a zone, why try in the playoffs?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I have to admit....On offense, all the players were standing. I didn't like it in the least bit....For crying out loud at least pretend that you're running an offense and set picks or something. Its not difficult.

As far as Kobe, I think he's done. Between the game 7 of Denver and yesterdays game versus OKC, I saw Kobe turn the ball over about 10 times where the defenders literally take it from him, like candy from a baby.

What do you think?

Whoooo hoooo, your eyes are beginning to open now my friend, we have no offense because our coach has never had one as a head coach.
You are now seeing the same things that I have always seen from MB but was only upset about it this year.
I seriously believe we need help during the off season but I know that a good coach would find a way to utilize the talent we have and win the championship. Pick and Roll is the way to destroy the NBA with what we already have.......Not the MB, stand around and watch, then run away as a shot goes up......what ever happened to cutters???
Seriously, MB is not remotely qualified to head any NBA team....I'd bet you could do a better job....with what you know

Yeah, Kobe didn't seem to be feeling it, probably the effect of being so sick he shouldn't have been playing, it takes awhile to recover.
There is NO WAY ON EARTH that the Black Mamba is done, forget about it!!!!

I'll bet you that at least 3/4 of the team is thinking that if they get killed in this series that Brown will get fired.....and they want him to, they know he can't coach.

I hear a certain Mr. Phil Jackson wants to come back, he misses the game.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #28
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

"I hear a certain Mr. Phil Jackson wants to come back, he misses the game."

Didn't the team get swept out of the playoffs last season under Phil Jackson?
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
"I hear a certain Mr. Phil Jackson wants to come back, he misses the game."

Didn't the team get swept out of the playoffs last season under Phil Jackson?

Different situation......and before anyone asks, no I do not want Phil to come back......I just want a real good NBA coach.......not a video editor.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Different situation......and before anyone asks, no I do not want Phil to come back......I just want a real good NBA coach.......not a video editor.

Interesting, I thought you would have wanted him back. Well anyways, if the lakers did do the anticipated move, and eventually fire MB, who is out there for the job?

Would the lakers even consider Brian Shaw for the job? I don't think so. But i've been wrong before.

In regards to your previous post, even if Mike Brown didn't have an offense, it surprises the heck out of me that these so called "veterans" on our team couldn't figure out what to do. For my team, whenever the opposing squad figures out how to stop us in transition, we just slow it down and rely on pick n pops or something. It kinda rubs me the wrong way, which could in fact lead to that speculation that perhaps players are purposely trying to expose the offense, or lack thereof, to hate on Brown. I am a conspiracy theorist so I don't rule that out by any means.

Then again in the past, the lakers have proven to be resilient after losses much like the one yesterday evening. If the lakers don't bounce back and make the second game at least a respectable loss, you know there'd be something boiling behind the scenes. If they do however bounce back, then maybe this was just a terrible game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: