Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #31
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

Default Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Looking at the West objectively i think both series will end 4-1 (SAS and OKC winning).

I still hope the Lakers can make it a competetive series but imo they have to win game 2, because OKC is a good road team.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #32
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
Looking at the West objectively i think both series will end 4-1 (SAS and OKC winning).

I still hope the Lakers can make it a competetive series but imo they have to win game 2, because OKC is a good road team.

i think the same but I would like to see how the lakers respond today before saying its going to be a sweep or 4-1

OKC when meaningful shot 60% from the field...all jumpers remember.....so I am keep to see how lakers adjust on defense

after all we hired a defensive coach over Rick Adelman ...so I am very curious to see tonights game

I wont be surprised if its another blowout
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
bladefd
Good college starter

I am not happy one bit how that went down. Not one bit.

Kobe ball is what lost us this game in the last 4 mins when Lakers were up 5 points on Bynum's 2 with 4 mins to go.

We got the 5pt lead through teamwork and passing the ball around (and using our big men) until it ended up into the hands of somebody open. As soon as we came out of the timeout when Bynum hit the 2 with a 4 minutes left, Kobe started jacked up 3 very low percentage shots and ball was stagnant in his hands. Along with that, the Lakers went careless with the ball letting OKC regain the lead. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of Kobe-ball even tho it wasn't for most of the game. It has lost us more games than won.

Last edited by bladefd : 05-17-2012 at 01:26 AM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #34
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

WTF was that... that should have been KOBE'S!!! They say, they dont blame Artest for throwing it to Steve... but f*ck!! there was still time left! Kobe could have cut back! omgg....

Sooooooooo carelessssssssssssssssssss!!! the durant steal and kobe not catching the ball.. and wtf! kobe was forcing up shots! This was all on kobe, you know... he was forcin up shots...first the missed 3, then the elbow fade-away.. omg....

The good thing is that, this isn't the end of it.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 05-17-2012 at 01:31 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #35
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I am not happy one bit how that went down. Not one bit.

Kobe ball is what lost us this game in the last 4 mins when Lakers were up 5 points on Bynum's 2 with 4 mins to go.

We got the 5pt lead through teamwork and passing the ball around (and using our big men) until it ended up into the hands of somebody open. As soon as we came out of the timeout when Bynum hit the 2 with a 4 minutes left, Kobe started jacked up 3 very low percentage shots and ball was stagnant in his hands. Along with that, the Lakers went careless with the ball letting OKC regain the lead. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of Kobe-ball even tho it wasn't for most of the game. It has lost us more games than won.

I dont mind, him having the ball other than Pau or Bynum in the last 2-4 minutes... the thing is that, he was shooting forced wild shots. He could have just drove to the lane and get a foul... what happened to that Kobe?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #36
Redekker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The game was mathematically won if they simply ran out the 24 second clock each time down without even needing to shoot the ball.

From embarrassment game one to total disbelief game 2. What a waste they played great for 46 and a half minutes.
Redekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #37
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I dont mind, him having the ball other than Pau or Bynum in the last 2-4 minutes... the thing is that, he was shooting forced wild shots. He could have just drove to the lane and get a foul... what happened to that Kobe?

I am so angry right now. We had this damn game won. I am losing my mind man. What the f*ck was running through kobe's mind to jack up those ATROCIOUS shots?? He was doing everything right the whole game then he tries to play hero with horrible 3's while we are up 5 points. Why does he have to try to hero it while we are winning through teamwork and passing?

Sigh. I cant begin to tell you some of the things that were running through my mind when OKC got the 1pt lead.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #38
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Kobe thinks he still can nail clutch shot with precision like he can many years ago....damn. He shouldn't have waste those second and drive in earlier instead of running down the clock and solely rely on his one and only chance of shooting when his shooting isn't really the hottest today and OKC defense wasn't piece of cake either...man what the hell to the smart high IQ guy? He's gambling too much on his past "clutch" shots. He has not shoot like that this year so he should not gamble too much on clutch shot and have no second chance. He's becoming delusional. Kobe probably thinks "closeout 2 min" is easy...

Last edited by kobesabi : 05-17-2012 at 07:08 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #39
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Kobe thinks he still can nail clutch shot with precision like he can many years ago....damn. He shouldn't have waste those second and drive in earlier instead of running down the clock and solely rely on his one and only chance of shooting when his shooting isn't really the hottest today and OKC defense wasn't piece of cake either...man what the hell to the smart high IQ guy? He's gambling too much on his past "clutch" shots. He has not shoot like that this year so he should not gamble too much on clutch shot and have no second chance. He's becoming delusional. Kobe probably thinks "closeout 2 min" is easy...

He can hit clutch shots....when he's not tired.

Every game in the playoffs this season, he looks so tired. This is something new to me.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

It's been an incredibly frustrating year for me as a fan.... This game
was a perfect example.... We start playing really well, hustling for
loose balls, then we relax and expect the other team to give up or
something?????

Mitch, we need some players with heart!!!!! Not just big and talented...
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #41
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi

That's who Kobe is though.... especially when the others are not working
hard to get open.....
Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redekker
... game 2. What a waste they played great for 46 and a half minutes.

gave it away....
Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #43
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
It's been an incredibly frustrating year for me as a fan.... This game
was a perfect example.... We start playing really well, hustling for
loose balls, then we relax and expect the other team to give up or
something?????

Mitch, we need some players with heart!!!!! Not just big and talented...

Unfortunately, this has always been the lakers, during the Phil Jackson Era, during the Shaq Kobe era, and even now. You'd think after years of experience in losing these types of games that they'd suddenly figure it out. This is why high school coaches preach the importance of playing in all 48 minutes of a game.

I was eating after yesterdays game, and I saw a man's shirt which read "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard". Nothing more true than that statement. That is why back in the day, I would easily grow frustrated with guys like Odom. A whole bunch of talent, and not much to show for it, because he came in out of shape in 6 out of the 7 years he was a laker. After the Kobe era, I hope the next leader, whether it is Bynum or another star, can make an example of the game by hustling on every possession. We would have lost big yesterday if it wasn't for the hustle of Artest and Jordan Hill.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #44
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Unfortunately, this has always been the lakers, during the Phil Jackson Era, during the Shaq Kobe era, and even now. You'd think after years of experience in losing these types of games that they'd suddenly figure it out. This is why high school coaches preach the importance of playing in all 48 minutes of a game.

I was eating after yesterdays game, and I saw a man's shirt which read "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard". Nothing more true than that statement. That is why back in the day, I would easily grow frustrated with guys like Odom. A whole bunch of talent, and not much to show for it, because he came in out of shape in 6 out of the 7 years he was a laker. After the Kobe era, I hope the next leader, whether it is Bynum or another star, can make an example of the game by hustling on every possession. We would have lost big yesterday if it wasn't for the hustle of Artest and Jordan Hill.

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #45
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Interesting, I thought you would have wanted him back. Well anyways, if the lakers did do the anticipated move, and eventually fire MB, who is out there for the job?

Would the lakers even consider Brian Shaw for the job? I don't think so. But i've been wrong before.

In regards to your previous post, even if Mike Brown didn't have an offense, it surprises the heck out of me that these so called "veterans" on our team couldn't figure out what to do. For my team, whenever the opposing squad figures out how to stop us in transition, we just slow it down and rely on pick n pops or something. It kinda rubs me the wrong way, which could in fact lead to that speculation that perhaps players are purposely trying to expose the offense, or lack thereof, to hate on Brown. I am a conspiracy theorist so I don't rule that out by any means.

Then again in the past, the lakers have proven to be resilient after losses much like the one yesterday evening. If the lakers don't bounce back and make the second game at least a respectable loss, you know there'd be something boiling behind the scenes. If they do however bounce back, then maybe this was just a terrible game.

Can't blame the players for not rebelling and running their own plays.....they have done this at moments but of course MB tells them not to.......and draws up another idiotic isolation play
Remember the team wide mutiny, remember how well they played under Coach Kobe????
MB is the worst Mfker we could've hired....seriously!!! We gotta make a change.
Did you know that the L.A. Kings fired their coach during THIS SEASON as they were in last place.....now they are up 3-0, 1 game away from the finals.
5 wins away from being champions. Coaching can make all the difference in the world.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: