Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #46
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

If only we have hungry championship Steve Nash now...he'd help us greatly...but probably still hurting from previous series loss.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #47
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Unfortunately, this has always been the lakers, during the Phil Jackson Era, during the Shaq Kobe era, and even now. You'd think after years of experience in losing these types of games that they'd suddenly figure it out. This is why high school coaches preach the importance of playing in all 48 minutes of a game.

I was eating after yesterdays game, and I saw a man's shirt which read "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard". Nothing more true than that statement. That is why back in the day, I would easily grow frustrated with guys like Odom. A whole bunch of talent, and not much to show for it, because he came in out of shape in 6 out of the 7 years he was a laker. After the Kobe era, I hope the next leader, whether it is Bynum or another star, can make an example of the game by hustling on every possession. We would have lost big yesterday if it wasn't for the hustle of Artest and Jordan Hill.

Glad to see we both like MWP and JH's efforts lately, they have been
the difference (as you say). Pau has been putting out better efforts
at times too.....

We have a ton of talent on this roster, but maybe it's time for some
major trades??????
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Glad to see we both like MWP and JH's efforts lately, they have been
the difference (as you say). Pau has been putting out better efforts
at times too.....

We have a ton of talent on this roster, but maybe it's time for some
major trades??????

I would agree with that as well. This roster can't seem to do it like old times anymore.

I say we keep the core but get better role players. San Antonio does that every year with their same big three....look at how they are now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #49
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe is turning into a turnover machine in 4th quarters man... I didn't think I would have to say this, but this is becoming a major issue.

I don't know if it has to do with Kobe or his opposition that has learned his weaknesses this season, but I do know that it cost us huge plays last round and also game 2 and today's game.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #50
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Not only that...it's easier for them to figure where the ball will likely go to (since they already know the who) and where they need to double triple their defense on.

Also, it seems they triple team him more in the last few min.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #51
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would have had RON ARTEST TAKE THAT 3 for the TIE. F*ckin kobe kept takin shots even though he was struggling.

I dont get it... why would Kobe take that 3 when the game was tied? And on top of that, there was 15 seconds left in the shot clock!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #52
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I would have had RON ARTEST TAKE THAT 3 for the TIE. F*ckin kobe kept takin shots even though he was struggling.

I dont get it... why would Kobe take that 3 when the game was tied? And on top of that, there was 15 seconds left in the shot clock!
Kobe thinks his all his shots are easily 100% in like when he was 5 years ago. His IQ is diminishing as he gets near retirement. This series loss should mostly be put on him because he hog most of the shots in final quarter even on days where he does not have the hot hand...i don't know. It's sad seeing him want to win more...but what he is doing will not get him to win that 6th ring period.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #53
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We went away from what worked... And that's the series!
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #54
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net

Kobe fcuked us big time in yesterday's game... 4th qtr....all iso's..

Kobe's time as elite player is done with these playoffs. Gave away 2 games. To's in G2 & iso in g4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Kobe is turning into a turnover machine in 4th quarters man... I didn't think I would have to say this, but this is becoming a major issue.

I don't know if it has to do with Kobe or his opposition that has learned his weaknesses this season, but I do know that it cost us huge plays last round and also game 2 and today's game.

Where the freak is DKLaker to defend him.:confusedshrug
In lieu of his weird absence, let me think of usual mantra on how to dispute any rant about Kobe.
1. Mike Brown is so stupid that his play patterns are faulty....or in DK's words, CRAP! Positions of the players on the court are badly planned etc etc.

2. All of Kobe's teammates are flat out scrubs...well except for Goudelock and Ebanks.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe Bryant called out Pau Gasol after the game. Mike Brown's game plan was a good one. It nearly got us a win in games 2 and 4. Unfortunately it didn't work out, was because Pau's contributions have not been anything worthy in any sense of the word. As a result, it forces Kobe to do more work, which then results in the burning out of Kobe in the last few minutes of every game, because he has to shoulder most of the work.

This series has been an example of hard work as opposed to talent. One thing I have always agreed with DK on was that this team is in fact, talented enough to go all the way this season. Its been up and down with the offense stagnant in some games, and very good in other games, and at the same time, we do not know which Pau Gasol will show up.

There was a point where Pau Gasol was averaging nearly 10 assists a game this season for a few games. Some games where he got boards, some games where he simply didn't do anything.

It shows for an unhealthy team if nobody knows their role. We need to have guys come in every game and stick to their role. We don't have that. We have too much offense under a defensive minded coach, and then inconsistency from our players.

We shall see what happens in tomorrow's game. It doesn't sound to me like Kobe is throwing in the towel just yet. What about the other guys though?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #57
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
This. Hopefully it hits Kobe like a bunch of bricks this go around.

game 2 came back to haunt them.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #58
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe Bryant called out Pau Gasol after the game. Mike Brown's game plan was a good one. It nearly got us a win in games 2 and 4. Unfortunately it didn't work out, was because Pau's contributions have not been anything worthy in any sense of the word. As a result, it forces Kobe to do more work, which then results in the burning out of Kobe in the last few minutes of every game, because he has to shoulder most of the work.

This series has been an example of hard work as opposed to talent. One thing I have always agreed with DK on was that this team is in fact, talented enough to go all the way this season. Its been up and down with the offense stagnant in some games, and very good in other games, and at the same time, we do not know which Pau Gasol will show up.

There was a point where Pau Gasol was averaging nearly 10 assists a game this season for a few games. Some games where he got boards, some games where he simply didn't do anything.

It shows for an unhealthy team if nobody knows their role. We need to have guys come in every game and stick to their role. We don't have that. We have too much offense under a defensive minded coach, and then inconsistency from our players.

We shall see what happens in tomorrow's game. It doesn't sound to me like Kobe is throwing in the towel just yet. What about the other guys though?

Thank YOU LF!!!!! Yeah......lets blame the guy who is busting his butt trying to carry the team.....Tam you are clueless!!!! Pau has been a disgrace to this team for 2 years. He has turned into Lamar Odom at his Lakers worst.....always saying he should be more aggressive yet almost never delivering.

Have you noticed the drastic decline in Pau's game.....the numbers are brutal!!!!

Pau in the playoffs this year is averaging 12.4ppg 8.9rpg and only 2 free throw attempts. .442% shooting.
Compared to:

07/08 16.9ppg 9.3rpg and 5 free throw attempts. .530 shooting.

08/09 18.3ppg 10.8rpg and 6 free throw attempts. .580 shooting.

09/10 19.6ppg 11.1rpg and 7 free throw attempts. .539 shooting

Last year Pau was horrible by all accounts in the playoffs yet his numbers are lower this year.

There is no question that he's not getting it done.

Ask yourself.....would we be UP 3 games to 1 if Pau was scoring 6 more points per game with 2 more rebounds. Gotta single him out because he's getting paid a whopping 19 million a year.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #59
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Thank YOU LF!!!!! Yeah......lets blame the guy who is busting his butt trying to carry the team.....Tam you are clueless!!!! Pau has been a disgrace to this team for 2 years. He has turned into Lamar Odom at his Lakers worst.....always saying he should be more aggressive yet almost never delivering.

Have you noticed the drastic decline in Pau's game.....the numbers are brutal!!!!

Pau in the playoffs this year is averaging 12.4ppg 8.9rpg and only 2 free throw attempts. .442% shooting.
Compared to:

07/08 16.9ppg 9.3rpg and 5 free throw attempts. .530 shooting.

08/09 18.3ppg 10.8rpg and 6 free throw attempts. .580 shooting.

09/10 19.6ppg 11.1rpg and 7 free throw attempts. .539 shooting

Last year Pau was horrible by all accounts in the playoffs yet his numbers are lower this year.

There is no question that he's not getting it done.

Ask yourself.....would we be UP 3 games to 1 if Pau was scoring 6 more points per game with 2 more rebounds. Gotta single him out because he's getting paid a whopping 19 million a year.

19 mill? Yeah he's gone this off-season lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #60
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Where the freak is DKLaker to defend him.:confusedshrug
In lieu of his weird absence, let me think of usual mantra on how to dispute any rant about Kobe.
1. Mike Brown is so stupid that his play patterns are faulty....or in DK's words, CRAP! Positions of the players on the court are badly planned etc etc.

2. All of Kobe's teammates are flat out scrubs...well except for Goudelock and Ebanks.
This story echos your sentiments

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...in-los-angeles

Quote:
But instead, there will be scapegoating. And it will be this list:

1. Pau Gasol

2. Mike Brown

3. Every supporting player

There were ways to have the Lakers' offense survive Game 4. Keep pushing the ball to Bynum, which Mike Brown's system has supported the whole year through. The best way to beat a team with more talent like the Thunder is to punish their weakness (a lack of size) with effort from your bigs and smart passing to create opent looks. Gasol made one bad pass. But the overall failure of the Lakers' offense was because of decision making from all its players and shot selection.

Oh, and Kevin Durant stepping up and taking over. That helped, too.

But that won't be the story. The story will just be Gasol.

Tam you need to understand that some posters here are Kobe fans first who lack the ability to see the team or game as it truly is.

My own thoughts are Kobe is a hypocrite and I like Kobe. When he gives away game 2 with that pass that was Lamar Odom like on a scale of dumb plays Lamar being the dumbest he credits Durant with aggressive gambling of the passing lanes and being an incredible defender. When somebody else does it it's their fault. Kobe wants a scapegoat he can look in the mirror, he has yet to own up to the game 2 loss
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: