Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #61
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
19 mill? Yeah he's gone this off-season lol.

Yeah, Pau was the 7th highest paid player in the NBA this season.....what a joke huh. Making more than Melo, Lebron, Bosh, Wade, CP3, DWill, Tony Parker, Ginobili, Durant, Westbrook.....only 300k less than Dirk!!!!
Bye Bye Pau....but thanks.

Westbrook $5 million + Durant 16.3 million = 21.3 million.........Pau = 19 million, does anyone see a problem here???

Last edited by DKLaker : 05-21-2012 at 12:48 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #62
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, Pau was the 7th highest paid player in the NBA this season.....what a joke huh. Making more than Melo, Lebron, Bosh, Wade, CP3, DWill, Tony Parker, Ginobili, Durant, Westbrook.....only 300k less than Dirk!!!!
Bye Bye Pau....but thanks.

Westbrook $5 million + Durant 16.3 million = 21.3 million.........Pau = 19 million, does anyone see a problem here???

Yeah, in retrospect it makes me kinda want to go back in time and make that trade with Minnesota for that young power forward. At least we'd have a bunch of youth who hustle and won't tire out.

My neighbor told me "Pau is done, no matter how much Kobe gets tired, he'd be just fine if everyone was doing their jobs". I feel Pau is coasting right now. Not acceptable for the money he's making.
lakerfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #63
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
This. Hopefully it hits Kobe like a bunch of bricks this go around.

game 2 came back to haunt them.

I'm just glad we didn't get swept, negative I know but it's been that kind of dissapointing series.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #64
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I'm just glad we didn't get swept, negative I know but it's been that kind of dissapointing series.

yeah this oklahoma team is better than last year's dallas team. We still got a win. I'd say we're slightly better. But is it enough for a parade in the heart of LA? No.
lakerfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thank YOU LF!!!!! Yeah......lets blame the guy who is busting his butt trying to carry the team.....Tam you are clueless!!!! Pau has been a disgrace to this team for 2 years. He has turned into Lamar Odom at his Lakers worst.....always saying he should be more aggressive yet almost never delivering.

Have you noticed the drastic decline in Pau's game.....the numbers are brutal!!!!

Pau in the playoffs this year is averaging 12.4ppg 8.9rpg and only 2 free throw attempts. .442% shooting.
Compared to:

07/08 16.9ppg 9.3rpg and 5 free throw attempts. .530 shooting.

08/09 18.3ppg 10.8rpg and 6 free throw attempts. .580 shooting.

09/10 19.6ppg 11.1rpg and 7 free throw attempts. .539 shooting

Last year Pau was horrible by all accounts in the playoffs yet his numbers are lower this year.

There is no question that he's not getting it done.

Ask yourself.....would we be UP 3 games to 1 if Pau was scoring 6 more points per game with 2 more rebounds. Gotta single him out because he's getting paid a whopping 19 million a year.

Yup yup yup, I can't say, I didn't expect this from you DKobe
Always singling out ONE person without looking at the overall situation. Can't you atleast use some more of you brain cells to undestand that it's a FREAKING team game and every entity who have major roles in the team are responsible for what is happening right now?
You said a couple of weeks back that you are worried that Mike Brown might have OVER PLAYED Pau Gasol, so now what, You are admitting you are wrong, fatigue has nothing to do with it? Not that I agree with you theory. bec Heck yes, Pau should take some of the blame, and Yes, I am DISGUSTED with his lack of fire/contribution.
What about Ramon Sessions? You think he is meeting everyone's expections of him?
What about Kobe who has has missed so many FGs in the key 4th quarter COUPLED with crucial turnovers?Max Kellerman revealed that Kobe is just shot 3 of 18 with just 24 seconds in the game.
What about Mike Brown, you think he did a great Job in the series?
Barnes? Metta and his over reliance on his 3pt shots?
Bynum not really dominating the boards and blocking more shots?
According to you, you were a coach, is that how you respoond after each loss?
BLAME ONE PLAYER? really?

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #66
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
This story echos your sentiments

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...in-los-angeles

Tam you need to understand that some posters here are Kobe fans first who lack the ability to see the team or game as it truly is.

My own thoughts are Kobe is a hypocrite and I like Kobe. When he gives away game 2 with that pass that was Lamar Odom like on a scale of dumb plays Lamar being the dumbest he credits Durant with aggressive gambling of the passing lanes and being an incredible defender. When somebody else does it it's their fault. Kobe wants a scapegoat he can look in the mirror, he has yet to own up to the game 2 loss

Great article Bobo, I wish Kobe worshippers have read and viewed the NUMEROUS missed shots of Kobe! But heck, maybe they did and just would like to put ALL the blame on a couple of people NOT NAMED Kobe.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #67
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yup yup yup, I can't say, I didn't expect this from you DKobe
Always singling out ONE person without looking at the overall situation. Can't you atleast use some more of you brain cells to undestand that it's a FREAKING team game and every entity who have major roles in the team are responsible for what is happening right now?
You said a couple of weeks back that you are worried that Mike Brown might have OVER PLAYED Pau Gasol, so now what, You are admitting you are wrong, fatigue has nothing to do with it? Not that I agree with you theory. bec Heck yes, Pau should take some of the blame, and Yes, I am DISGUSTED with his lack of fire/contribution.
What about Ramon Sessions? You think he is meeting everyone's expections of him?
What about Kobe who has has missed so many FGs in the key 4th quarter COUPLED with crucial turnovers?Max Kellerman revealed that Kobe is just shot 3 of 18 with just 24 seconds in the game.
What about Mike Brown, you think he did a great Job in the series?
Barnes? Metta and his over reliance on his 3pt shots?
Bynum not really dominating the boards and blocking more shots?
According to you, you were a coach, is that how you respoond after each loss?
BLAME ONE PLAYER? really?

Let me explain this in very easy to understand terms for you.......if a guy is supposed to be an All-Star, is making 19 million dollars and is 7 feet tall, you expect him to carry a high portion of the load.........Sessions is not an All-Star, is making 4 million dollars and is what 6' 3"........is Sessions really supposed to help carry this team or are Kobe, Bynum and your girlfriend Pau?

For Pau to fail miserably by his own personal standards is pathetic.......I posted the numbers, you're not dumb enough to argue with that.
pau averaged 17.4 points in the regular season but 12.4 now.....and we are losing games by the margin that he is supposed to account for.....no question.
IMO, you should be scoring about 1 point per million dollars you are being paid......look at our team, who is now the biggest failure at doing this?
We can talk about rebounds, blocks or whatever else.....not even to mention lack of effort. Sure I mentioned him being tired, but he needs to stop being such a b!tch and suck it up and play ball....or ask for a seat on the bench.

As for me, I am still a coach and I 100% guarantee you that if a player doesn't hustle the ENTIRE time they are on the floor they come out of the game, I'd rather have a hungry, aggressive player than a higher talented lazy one. My players understand that and it's one of the reasons we very rarely lose a game. My teams rebound better than any team you have ever seen....or probably will see, I insist upon it.....my guards could teach NBA bigs about rebounding. We are not the best shooting teams but by far the highest scoring.....not through fast breaks but by crashing the boards and playing in your face defense....always attacking the offense.

When we do lose I have no regrets because every player has played hard, smart basketball......they wouldn't be on the floor if they didn't.

Remember, I told you Pau was done before the season started, he doesn't want it anymore....sure you can fire him up for a game here or there....but that's it.....not worth the headache.
Blake.....is he the same guy he was in Portland or even with the clippers.....hell no!!!!

Mike Brown's head coaching is worth about 50k and I'm being very nice.

Last edited by DKLaker : 05-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #68
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL @ KOBE JACKIN DIRK's MOVE >_<
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #69
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is so frustrating to watch man.. Thunder matches everything the Lakers can throw at them. How the hell can you win? How??
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #70
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

All you can do is tip your hat to them. They have done a great job at assembling this team. It's their time. I'm rooting for them after this series. I remember back when the franchise traded Ray Allen. Everyone thought they were crazy. But they had a plan, made great picks. I respect that.

For the Lakers, we need to retool.

I love Pau. He's been a great Laker and he's a great guy. But, I'd move him in the right deal. He'll be 32 when next season starts and makes 19 mil.
Josh Smith anyone?

MWP helped us win a chip. But, he's old and getting slow. If a player like Ariza could be aquired, I'd amnesty Metta. Wish him the best but time to move on, get younger and more athletic.

Sessions has been horrible, but I'd keep him unless a better deal presented itself. He needs to be used correctly.

Congrats to the Thunder.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #71
DKLaker

Garage sale time fellas.......everything but Kobe must go......
This season ended when we hired Mike Brown....just as I said.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #72
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Garage sale time fellas.......everything but Kobe must go......
This season ended when we hired Mike Brown....just as I said.

Not much money to work with.. Only couple contracts are expiring..

Kobe Bryant - 2 years left
Pau Gasol - 2 years left, probably gone
Andrew Bynum - 1 year left, may be traded if team can't agree to a deal
Metta World Peace - 2 years left
Ramon Sessions - 1 year left, imo he should be packaged with gasol

Steve Blake - 2 years left
Josh McRoberts - 1 year left
Jordan Hill - - deserves cheap contract
Matt Barnes - expiring contract ; questionable
Troy Murphy - expiring contract ; GONE
Christian Eyenga - scrub
Devin Ebanks - expiring contract ; questionable
Andrew Goudelock - expiring contract ; questionable
Darius Morris - minimum rookie contract ; questionable
Derrick Caracter - expiring contract ; GONE

Last edited by bladefd : 05-22-2012 at 12:46 AM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #73
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Sigh ...

It Happens this could of easily gone the other way but *shudda cudda wudda* never cuts it.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #74
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Bench-5 points

Kobe-42 points-0 assists

Mike Brown's fault, right DK?

Bynum-no class thug.

Metta-to my surprise, a class act. Went right over to Harden, shook his hand.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #75
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Let me explain this in very easy to understand terms for you.......if a guy is supposed to be an All-Star, is making 19 million dollars and is 7 feet tall, you expect him to carry a high portion of the load.........Sessions is not an All-Star, is making 4 million dollars and is what 6' 3"........is Sessions really supposed to help carry this team or are Kobe, Bynum and your girlfriend Pau?

For Pau to fail miserably by his own personal standards is pathetic.......I posted the numbers, you're not dumb enough to argue with that.
pau averaged 17.4 points in the regular season but 12.4 now.....and we are losing games by the margin that he is supposed to account for.....no question.
IMO, you should be scoring about 1 point per million dollars you are being paid......look at our team, who is now the biggest failure at doing this?
We can talk about rebounds, blocks or whatever else.....not even to mention lack of effort. Sure I mentioned him being tired, but he needs to stop being such a b!tch and suck it up and play ball....or ask for a seat on the bench.

As for me, I am still a coach and I 100% guarantee you that if a player doesn't hustle the ENTIRE time they are on the floor they come out of the game, I'd rather have a hungry, aggressive player than a higher talented lazy one. My players understand that and it's one of the reasons we very rarely lose a game. My teams rebound better than any team you have ever seen....or probably will see, I insist upon it.....my guards could teach NBA bigs about rebounding. We are not the best shooting teams but by far the highest scoring.....not through fast breaks but by crashing the boards and playing in your face defense....always attacking the offense.

When we do lose I have no regrets because every player has played hard, smart basketball......they wouldn't be on the floor if they didn't.

Remember, I told you Pau was done before the season started, he doesn't want it anymore....sure you can fire him up for a game here or there....but that's it.....not worth the headache.
Blake.....is he the same guy he was in Portland or even with the clippers.....hell no!!!!

Mike Brown's head coaching is worth about 50k and I'm being very nice.

Oh yeah, so you would rather bench that type of player, than a CENTER THAT FOOLS AROUND DURING GAMES? hmm, let me see...pump faking 3's and actually TAKING 3's! Does the name Bynum ring any bell to you? Remember what you said in the Lakers Vs GSW thread defending bynum, and bitchin bout "POTATO HEAD"
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: