Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Report: Raps to Chase Nash & Lin

None of you should care about revenue for MLSE. I just want a team that can eventually compete so Dragic sounds cool because he is a true point guard and will be a nice back up one day. Lin isn't that good and Nash should stay away for his own good.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
None of you should care about revenue for MLSE. I just want a team that can eventually compete so Dragic sounds cool because he is a true point guard and will be a nice back up one day. Lin isn't that good and Nash should stay away for his own good.

yes. no one should care or cares about revenue for the MLSE. However, we know that mlse has to work around revenue and a salary cap. So we know that the decisions they will make will revolve around that.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Ilyasova and Batum are alsto guys I like but I doubt either of their teams will not match any offer that isn't completely ridiculous.
I'd love it if the Raptors had a lot of these players instead of the ones they currently have.

Batum instead of the junk they throw out at SF. Dragic instead of Calderon at PG. Ilyasova instead of Bargnani at PF. Unfortunately, unless the Raptors are getting rid of those players, it won't happen because it would just be too much money.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd love it if the Raptors had a lot of these players instead of the ones they currently have.

Batum instead of the junk they throw out at SF. Dragic instead of Calderon at PG. Ilyasova instead of Bargnani at PF. Unfortunately, unless the Raptors are getting rid of those players, it won't happen because it would just be too much money.

Ideally at this point of the process, the Raps shouldn't really even be in the free agent market as major players right now anyway. However with the possibility of a poor first round pick relative to other teams and BC most likely gunning for the playoffs next season, at the very least I hope that if they do enter the free agent market it will be for a relatively young player rather than overpaying for somebody on the wrong side of 30.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Y U NO LIKE JJ
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Y U NO LIKE JJ
I don't mind him and Bayless. I was just talking more in terms of starters/core pieces. The guys who you want playing 35 mpg for you if you want to be a good team. I don't see anyone on this that I would want filling that kind of a role. I'm very hopeful for Valanciunas to be that though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
T-Low
College superstar

Well summer is coming and that means Free Agency market opens up. A lot of players are out there trying to make a name for themselves and Toronto is the place to do it...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
kmart
No props needed

I don't know about either Lin or Dragic. How is Dragic any different from Lin? Hes only had one really good stretch where he was the starter for the Rockets otherwise he struggled throughout his career. Same goes for Lin as well. I'd rather keep Jose than overpay one of those two.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #24
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

**** Lin.

He doesn't deserve anything more than a min contract and could be back out of the league in 2 years.

Except oh wait, he's Asian so we can make money from all those Asians and that he couple-of-good-game fluked his way into ridiculously over-hyped stardom doesn't matter.

Sigh
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #25
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
**** Lin.

He doesn't deserve anything more than a min contract and could be back out of the league in 2 years.

Except oh wait, he's Asian so we can make money from all those Asians and that he couple-of-good-game fluked his way into ridiculously over-hyped stardom doesn't matter.

Sigh

i agree with you. I think the raps will make a major push to get Lin. They will definitely overpay the guy to get him to TO. I really hope it doesn't happen but i see the raps at least trying to get him here.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
el gringos
Decent college freshman

What kind of contract would it take to get Nash? 3 years 36?

------------

I think there could be a way to get Lin from ny
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #27
T-Low
College superstar

Screw it, imma be greedy...I want Nash in Toronto....I want him to win a ring but at the same time, there are many great players who haven't (Baylor, Stockton & Malone, Gervin, Barkley, etc.). Depending on what valanciunas does this season and what other players we get to help, we might be in good territory. And say we signed him to a 3 year. If by the 1.5 to 2 year mark, Raptors haven't done a great step, trade Nash to a contender, get good pieces in return, and both player and team are happy...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #28
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Agreed with keeping Jose. Nash would be too expensive salary cap wise and Lin would be overpaid. Still, either of those with the Raptors will generate money, which MLSE always loves.

In Nash case, he could have more times dealing with Team Canada if he became a Raptor also. But I would like him to join a contender team instead of this crap.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
bluerap
Good High School Starter

If the raps did land nash and could find a way to get one more quality player via trade (all-star level) they would be fun to watch.

Funny thing is with Marion and Amare both rumored to be on the block this off-season I could see BC's dumb ass trying to acquire all 3.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #30
el gringos
Decent college freshman

Sign batum. Even though you have to over pay. 12+ per

S&t Nash even if you have to overpay. He isn't signing anywhere for 5 a year. Give them jj and Bayles to pull it off

Then the clincher. Lin + amare + fields for bargnani, Calderon, kleiza, Amir Johnson (Amir and lk to clear the space for Nash/batum)

Nash/lin
Dero
Batm/ghill
Amare/Ed Davis
Jval
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: