Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #16
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Face it, Rose will likely miss next season. Sign Nash.

If Nash could be had, I'd pick him up in a second. He'd teach Rose a lot, especially how to play without relying on his athleticism too much. Chances are he can't be had though.

Honestly... I'm leaning towards a GM tank. Rose and Deng will miss the start of the season anyways. Chances are one of Booz/Noah will be out for a decent period as well (it sucks to say, but it's true, they're injury prone). We saw how frail Rip is and Brewer is likely gone/isn't really a starter anyways.

Retain Asik, let everyone else walk. if Booz/Noah don't get hurt have one of them go down with a "mysterious" injury.

I know a lot of fans don't think there's a sure thing in the 2013 draft, and they're probably right... but Shabazz Muhammad is pretty close to as great as it gets as far as prospects go.

Thinking towards what's best for the Bulls future:
- a healthy rested Rose.
- a healthy rested Deng.
- a young prospect like Muhammed to grow with Rose
- tbh, a more laid back regular season attitude. it's not necessary to approach every game like "win or die"

The one HUGE negative to tanking though is creating a losing culture... I do believe we have the right personell though.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Why do people always assume great players would be great coaches?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
Upgrayedd
High School Starter

Upgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Rose could learn a lot from Steve Nash. I'd absolutely love this.
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Don't see the Bulls tanking or getting Nash.

In my opinion Nash wouldn't fit and he has better options for himself personally and we as a team have better options as well.

We have too much talent and too good of a coach to tank. Even with Rose and Deng missing a large portion of the season we will still be a playoff team. Whether it be a low seed or not we will be a playoff team.
Thibs and the rest of the roster aren't the type of people to just throw games away and lose without a fight. We'll still have guys like Noah, Taj, Asik and whoever else the Bulls decide to bring back. Also with the mindset that Deng and Rose return. Those two won't allow the organization or their teammates to just throw games away. We fight to have the best record we can with the left over roster and hope Deng and Rose are 100% come playoff time so we can make a run. I don't care if we're anywhere from the 5-8 seed because with a healthy full squad we can beat anyone. Any player and anyone who's watched basketball for a long time or loves the sport will tell you that you don't just throw seasons away. Getting to the Finals and having the chance to compete for a championship isn't a given by any means. There are plenty of NBA players throughout the history of the game that never got to play in a NBA finals game. You don't take anything for granted. Yes we have Rose as our franchise player for the next 10+ years, but that doesn't mean the team will always be a contender. We are a contender now and if it permits it then we need to go for it while we still can. This is my opinion. Don't want to see this team tank at all.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: