Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
not being a sexist, but in the international mess that has been created (those who pathologically hate Bush will pin the blame on him) dictates that a woman President may not be strong enough to handle it.
How did I know that you were going to follow that with something extremely sexist?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I think it'll take a brave man to be the first president with either a minority or woman Vice President. All it takes is one crazy feminist or racist to kill ya and promote the Vice.

he is half white ya know. just like tiger is half asian. everyone wants to claim they're black though.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #18
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

This upcoming Presidential election should definitely NOT be a popularity contest and should NOT be a "vote Democrat because all Republicans are rotten as Bush"
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

^even though that is what will happen
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #20
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
haha, that's so wrong. The frontrunner was considered Hilliary Clinton. No real left wingers will vote for her.
What the hell are you talking about? I did not say anyone was a front runner.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #21
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Every vote is a popularity contest. What are you talking about? You think Bush won twice in a row based on his raw intelligence and gift for partisanship?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #22
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
How did I know that you were going to follow that with something extremely sexist?

won't even bother to point out that your liberal bias (or your anti-me bias) has you grasping for victories in semantics and subtext.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #23
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Has anyone heard who's in the bidding for the GOP nomination? I've heard John McCain and Ruddy Guliani (sp?), which would make sense, since the Republicans will most likely nominate someone less conservative than Bush, to get away from tainted image they already have.

I think the GOP primary is a virtual toss-up at this point. There is no way to tell whether evangelicals will turn out and vote for McCain if they have a viable alternative, but at this point there's not really a viable alternative. Maybe Romney. Maybe Huckabee. But those are about the only two conservatives that might be attractive to evangelicals. And Romney is a mormon, which I think ultimately will discredit him.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Quote:
Every vote is a popularity contest. What are you talking about? You think Bush won twice in a row based on his raw intelligence and gift for partisanship?

well, I underestimated you. i surmised you were going to attribute Bush's victories to technicalities and outright dirty politics.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

that too!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #26
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

obama was only elected to the senate in nov 2004. he has barely given two years of service yet.

what's really on his resume? he promoted an education bill, but it didn't even get beyond the committee and it was not even voted on the floor.

he also promoted immigration reform, but it failed to get any support in the house.

his policies haven't made dramatic changes to people's lives. they're just putting his name up because he's hot commodity but he hasn't really done jack sht yet other than being an influential speaker full of rhetoric.

there are much more qualified and experienced people to be presidential candidates.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

BTW, if Arnold were somehow allowed to run, I would be willing to vote across party lines. Don't know if you guys consider him a real republican or not.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #28
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Based on what? The overwhelming popularity of Hilary Clinton and John McCain?
Too bad for you, she's already started.
Link to where Oprah is actively campaigning for Obama? I do not believe that Oprah is actively campaigning for Obama. She may like him and want him to be President, but she is not dumb enough to back any one party let alone a single candidate.

Obama does not have the resume to get elected President yet. Once he is on the ticket with someone else (win or lose), he will be in a position to make his own run at the Presidency. Until then, he is just playing nice with everyone so that he can hitch a ride with whoever does win.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
what's really on his resume?
The fact that he's extremely intelligent and well spoken carries a lot of weight with me. I don't really need to see a track record if I agree with his ideals, and trust him to work towards implementing them. I was a Dean supporter for the same reasons.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Link to where Oprah is actively campaigning for Obama? I do not believe that Oprah is actively campaigning for Obama. She may like him and want him to be President, but she is not dumb enough to back any one party let alone a single candidate.
I can't link to a tv show, but some guest on her show said something like "Oprah I want you to run for president," and she said "Take whatever energy you would put behind me, and place it behind Barack Obama." I don't want to try and keep quoting for the risk of putting my words in her mouth, but she was extremely clear about wanting him in the office. You'll see.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: