Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.
Default Boozer for #1 Pick

How bout Boozer for your pick and maybe E. Williams off your hands? He's good for at least 20 and 10 right now... and he apparently doesn't want to play in Utah. He wants to go to LA and I think Utah should trade him to the furthest place away from LA. ha. I know you guys are stocked at the PF position but CV could be great trade bait. And Bosh and Boozer would tear it up in the post. Your thoughts?
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

No thanks.

Also, the Raps traded E. Williams to the Spurs a couple days ago.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Hell NO!
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Not a chance in hell that is ever going to happen, dumbest trade idea ever. Our number #1 pick is much better trade bait, lol
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:03 AM   #5
hehehaha
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hehehaha has an OK reputation so far

Hell no, after that s@#t he pulled with the Cavs i would not ever want a player like that on our team. once somethign goes bad or he doesn't get his way he'll start crying and demand a trade or sit on his ass like he did in utah
hehehaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

bricklayer im guessing you are a cavs fan.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

i think it would be aiight because he could average major rebounds for us and he can score a bit too
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
bricklayer im guessing you are a cavs fan.

Bricklayer
I Hit Open Layups

Considering his location is Utah, my guess would be that he is a Jazz fan.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #9
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

I'm a die hard Jazz fan. The Raps are also up there too cuz of Bosh. He's a real classy guy and I like his game. I actually like Boozer's game too, but I just don't think he really likes it here. Honestly tho, he and Bosh would be a nightmare for opposing teams. And right NOW, i think Boozer's better than anybody coming out of the draft. I don't see anyone coming in this year to average his kind of numbers. Of course, somebody like Aldridge or Morrison could eventually overtake him in a few years, but you never know, right? Boozer's a sure thing... when healthy. Personally i think he extended his return deadline cuz he just didn't wanna play for us.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #10
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

#1 priority now for the raps is PG
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a chance rather take a good young rookie for the futur then boozer whos injuired all the time and honestly isn't all that great.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #12
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
Boozer's a sure thing... when healthy. Personally i think he extended his return deadline cuz he just didn't wanna play for us.

Exactly the reason why we can't afford to take the chance on him. We've had enough players become upset with us for one reason or another and then not give it their all. The Raps won't be taking on players who have a questionable history like Boozer.

What many people outside Toronto don't know is that Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, the owners of the Raptors and Leafs among other things, really look for players who are possitive role models and will contribute to the city and be positive towards the organization. That is one stipulation that they ask the General Managers to keep in mind whenever they aquire players. The GM's are free to choose the players that they want, but I'm sure that a guy like Colangelo has a similar philosophy to MLSE when it comes to choosing players. If he didn't he might not have been hired.

During the Raptors history, the majority of the major players on our team have been real character people. There have been a few bad apples but the core of the team has tended to be people who have the reputation of having good attitudes and are responsible citizens. Boozer would not be the first choice for the Raps.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Eric was traded. Even if he was still around we would never do this trade. Another pf with a big contract that hasnt showed nothing on the court to earn his contract.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far

Dear Bricklayed; Please walk out onto the road, and introduce yourself to the front of a car.

Love SirPresident.
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

I don't think anyone could have asked such a stupid question. Either this guy is literally mentally handicapped and we need to take it easy on him, or he's just ****ing around trying to see how angry he can make us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: