Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Game 3 adjustments : bench Kobe

Kobe is what he is. A ball hog and a lazy defender that thinks he is somehow bigger than the game of basketball. Singlehandedly lost us game 2 trying to always be the hero.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Game 3 adjustments : bench Kobe

I'm disappointed with Kobe too..... but NO. lol
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

No. That will just tick Kobe off if anything
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Kobe should have not waste valuable time and shoot early instead of running down the clock and rely on clutch shooting. He has not been a great clutch shooter this year as he did many years ago so he shouldn't think like he can rely on it all the time. He was gambling and not playing it smart. This is the second time Kenny Smith has pointed this out and I agree with him completely. Right when they pass the ball to him, I was hoping he don't gamble on running down the clock and nail the clutch shot...he did. Bam. He repeated it again second time. Had he shoot early, they may have had a better chance in scoring something AND still have time to foul again...no...he had to play hero...thinking he can still do it like years ago. This is high IQ? I hope he doesn't repeat these bad decision on the next 2 must win games. If he has been having the hot hand, then I don't mind.

Benching is not the answer.

Last edited by kobesabi : 05-17-2012 at 05:53 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Kobe should have not waste valuable time and shoot early instead of running down the clock and rely on clutch shooting. He has not been a great clutch shooter this year as he did many years ago so he shouldn't think like he can rely on it all the time. He was gambling and not playing it smart. This is the second time Kenny Smith has pointed this out and I agree with him completely. Right when they pass the ball to him, I was hoping he don't gamble on running down the clock and nail the clutch shot...he did. Bam. He repeated it again second time. Had he shoot early, they may have had a better chance in scoring something AND still have time to foul again...no...he had to play hero...thinking he can still do it like years ago. This is high IQ? I hope he doesn't repeat these bad decision on the next 2 must win games. If he has been having the hot hand, then I don't mind.

Benching is not the answer.

Proper clock management IS to run time off the clock, this is standard, basic coaching so I have no problem with it, however what Kobe should have done is to attack the basket and not rely on jumpers, with Pau and Bynum attacking the boards......that's how you win these games.
WTF is Steve Blake doing taking that shot??? MB still doesn't understand how and when to use his timeouts
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Proper clock management IS to run time off the clock, this is standard, basic coaching so I have no problem with it, however what Kobe should have done is to attack the basket and not rely on jumpers, with Pau and Bynum attacking the boards......that's how you win these games.
WTF is Steve Blake doing taking that shot??? MB still doesn't understand how and when to use his timeouts

I thought the Steve Blake shot was a great one.

Mike Brown shouldn't have used that last time out when he did. I think he kinda rushed that decision.

Kobe turning it over twice on back to back possessions confirms my suspicion of what Ive been talking with you about yesterday DK. Those are too many mistakes. I honestly think he's done. Hes super slow, cant get open, turns it over...
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did yall see the after-game analysis or whatever they call it with Kenny Smith, Chuck and the others?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I thought the Steve Blake shot was a great one.

Mike Brown shouldn't have used that last time out when he did. I think he kinda rushed that decision.

Kobe turning it over twice on back to back possessions confirms my suspicion of what Ive been talking with you about yesterday DK. Those are too many mistakes. I honestly think he's done. Hes super slow, cant get open, turns it over...

lol...kobe is done??? reacting like a teenage kid u r

lakers are no 3 seed in the west because of Kobe alone...otherwise with a dumb fcuk coach we have...we might as well be out of playoffs

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 05-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lol...kobe is done??? reacting like a teenage kid u r

lakers are no 3 seed in the west because of Kobe alone...otherwise with a dumb fcuk coach we have...we might as well be out of playoffs

Oh yes because Bynum and Pau were napping during Kobe's injury

Between game 7 of round 1, game 1 and 2 of this current series, the amount of turnovers Kobe had that were forced are more than the fingers I have on both hands (yes I have all 8 fingers and both thumbs). He is clearly tired when it comes to the end of games and stops hitting shots during those times.

Dont be one of those teenagers who know nothing but Kobe Bryant now
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Oh yes because Bynum and Pau were napping during Kobe's injury

Between game 7 of round 1, game 1 and 2 of this current series, the amount of turnovers Kobe had that were forced are more than the fingers I have on both hands (yes I have all 8 fingers and both thumbs). He is clearly tired when it comes to the end of games and stops hitting shots during those times.

Dont be one of those teenagers who know nothing but Kobe Bryant now

1st thing to do is : go ask yourself why do we have pg that is not handling the ball...oh wait..he plays zero defense

or oh wait...the coach is not comfortable having the PG's on his team to handle the ball.....so he wants the SG's to handle the ball

you know why he is not shooting at the end of game? cause he is guarding the best player on the other team for whole game....Westbrook in the game 1 and Harden in the 2nd half.....

you see Wade is barely 30years old and you can see him struggle mightly on the offensive end the whole game??? you know why cause he is guarding Ray Allen...

please dont respond like a teenager like u r
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Wow, it sure is getting edgy around here. Take it easy guys, it's only a game.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
1st thing to do is : go ask yourself why do we have pg that is not handling the ball...oh wait..he plays zero defense

or oh wait...the coach is not comfortable having the PG's on his team to handle the ball.....so he wants the SG's to handle the ball

you know why he is not shooting at the end of game? cause he is guarding the best player on the other team for whole game....Westbrook in the game 1 and Harden in the 2nd half.....

you see Wade is barely 30years old and you can see him struggle mightly on the offensive end the whole game??? you know why cause he is guarding Ray Allen...

please dont respond like a teenager like u r

If he's a teenager, how will that make you any better?

Basketball Experience? ok ^_________________^
Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Did yall see the after-game analysis or whatever they call it with Kenny Smith, Chuck and the others?
I did and I agreed with Kenny
Old 05-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

As bad as Kobe was, he doesn't seem that bad after seeing Wade in Game 3. I think Kobe just didn't take great shots, should stop settling and attack, feed Gasol or Bynum when the defense collapses on you after the drive. It was a sad for me to watch, Kobe looked old and slow out there, couldn't hit anything in the fourth, and turned it over every other possession. He needs whatever KG's on. Benching your superstar for an entire game isn't going help much. I believe Kobe's going to have a bounce back game back in Staples.

And the last shot Steve Blake took, wasn't bad at all. I mean he was open. Kobe was covered by multiple guys, and a forced pass would likely lead to a steal by Ibaka or Thabo/Harden. A wide open shot by a role player is always better than a triple teamed contested shot by Jordan.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #15
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I know running down the clock is the "usually" the proper thing to do and is just one of the strategy but not the only strategy. Thus, I wouldn't say standard to all team strategy. Kenny Smith is the one who pointed out that it would have been wiser to not run down the clock so they get more chance especially when trailing. If the retired NBA guy said it, then I don't think it standard to everyone playing style.

By mathematic and statistic reasoning, one would get better chance or possibly more opportunity by not running down the clock especially when you suddenly fall flat, not a great team at transitioning offense, not matching energy, trailing behind, and not shooting very hot on that day. Sure he can keep doing it, but this year, Kobe's clutch shot is like 1/5 or 1/6...so it is not very high percentage. If not very high, why gamble on that 20-23% chance of making it? I think outcome would have been better if he attack a little early or attack the paint like you said. If he miss, they still have second chance if they got the rebound. When all else fail, just play the foul game and force them to earn them on FT.

Attacking the paint isn't necessarily an automatic score for Kobe either as their defense is still pretty good. What's more is that everybody (defender and even us fans) knows Kobe wants to be the one shooting it and expected to pass the ball to him so they will heavily guard him and it won't be cakewalk. Game is almost predictable in the last few min now day in where the ball will go to whenever Kobe screwup and trailed behind. All defenders can make a pretty good prediction who will get the ball.

Also, on MB, there were many pissed off times where I just don't get him either...oh well maybe he won't be there next season either.

Last edited by kobesabi : 05-18-2012 at 12:14 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: