Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Greek Basket League Finals: Panathinaikos Vs. Olympiacos

This arena would be fine if not for the net and space around the court.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    This arena would be fine if not for the net and space around the court.
    Yes, they have 3,500 seats around the court that they have taken out. And of course, the net. The problem is that they do both of these things because of all the times that the fans have stormed the court.

The Athens police have actually made them do it, for "safety reasons".
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-01-2012 at 08:41 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

It look like Obradovic will stay in PAO for two more years . Maric and Sato are probably going to Maccabi and Logan and Smith are going to leave PAO too . Others will stay .

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Reffs are helping PAO a lot , I wont watch 2 half but reffs are probably going to give PAO the win .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Reffs are helping PAO a lot , I wont watch 2 half but reffs are probably going to give PAO the win .
    Honestly, the refs always help PAO when they play Olympiacos. It's not as much as they used to do though. They seem a bit restrained since Olympiacos won Euroleague.

Olympiacos 38 - Panathinaikos 36 at halftime.

All hell might break loose if Olympiacos wins the Greek Championship at OAKA.......

I got my account enable to post for some reason and i wasn't even banned, and i couldn't post here.
    I watched all the games. it's been a pretty busy week between greek finals, ACB semifinals and NBA playoffs.

Didn't catch the game today but Olympiakos did it again, another championship right? Who was the finals MVP?

Olympiakos

@Maga
    I guess Spanoulis was MVP...

Finals, Game 5: Olympiacos - Panathinaikos 82-76 (3-2)

Olympiakos won the championship title in Greece thanks to 82-76 home victory against PAO in decisive Game Five of the Playoff Finals. PAO is dethroned after 9 years and this is the first championship title for Olympiakos since 1997. The Reds already won the Euroleague title earlier this season, while PAO celebrated in Greek Cup.
    Panathinaikos trailed by 12 points at halftime and as many as 14 after three quarters before a 20-12 last quarter charge cut the deficit to 76-82 at the end of the game. 26 personal fouls committed by Panathinaikos helped opponents get some easy free throw opportunities. Vassilis Spanoulis (193-82, agency: Beo Basket) orchestrated the victory by scoring 24 points (was perfect 7-for-7 from the free throw line). Georgios Printezis (206-85, agency: FCM) contributed with 14 points and 7 rebounds for the winners. Nick Calathes (198-89, college: Florida) answered with 17 points and Dimitris Diamantidis (196-80) added 13 points and 5 assists in the effort for Panathinaikos. Four Panathinaikos players scored in double figures. Both coaches used bench players in this decisive game.
    Olympiakos was the regular season champion in Greece with almost perfect 23-1 record. They eliminated PAOK in the Quarterfinals (2-0) and Panionios in the Semis (3-0). Olympiakos was the Greek league champion in 49, 60, 76, 78, 93, 94, 95, 96 and 97. Of course, they added another trophy tonight. PAO was No.1 in the country in 46, 47, 50, 51, 54, 61, 62, 67, 69, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, 80, 81, 82, 84, 98, 99, 00, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 and 11.

Olympiacos: V.Spanoulis 24+2ast, G.Printezis 14+7reb, A.Law 10+2ast, K.Papanikolaou 8+7reb+1ast, M.Keselj 5+3reb, J.Dorsey 4+4reb
    Panathinaikos: N.Calathes 17+4reb+2ast, D.Diamantidis 13+3reb+5ast, S.Perperoglou 11+8reb+1ast, K.Kaimakoglou 10+3reb+1ast, M.Batiste 7+5reb, A.Maric 6+3reb
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Greece/bas...?NewsID=273363

Almost perfect season, they just lost the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I got my account enable to post for some reason and i wasn't even banned, and i couldn't post here.
    I watched all the games. it's been a pretty busy week between greek finals, ACB semifinals and NBA playoffs.

Didn't catch the game today but Olympiakos did it again, another championship right? Who was the finals MVP?
    Yes, Olympiacos won 82-76. Spanoulis was the MVP.

Here is the box score:

http://www.esake.gr/main/index.php?p...F0Y2hpZD0xMjEw

I will add the complete game 5 as soon as it gets put on YouTube.

Yes, between the ACB and NBA semifinals and the Greek League Finals, this was the best time of basketball for the whole season.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.

I've subscribed to basket24gr channel, and they upload the all games very quickly.. it's always good. I'm expecting to watch this game tomorrow or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I've subscribed to basket24gr channel, and they upload the all games very quickly.. it's always good. I'm expecting to watch this game tomorrow or something like that.
    Yeah, I am glad that they started doing it. They are usually adding the Italian League games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Yeah, I am glad that they started doing it. They are usually adding the Italian League games too.
    I gave a quick look at all the pages and they have plenty of greek games too.