Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #16
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: If you could pick one RB for this season, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
While I don't disagree with the MJD pick, at all, I think my pick would be McCoy or Foster. To me, they're both more explosive.

If Peterson's healthy, he's the best runner, but he's not an every-down back. McCoy and Foster can do it all.

???
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
While I don't disagree with the MJD pick, at all, I think my pick would be McCoy or Foster. To me, they're both more explosive.

If Peterson's healthy, he's the best runner, but he's not an every-down back. McCoy and Foster can do it all.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Peterson isn't on the field for half of the third downs in the game. They used to put Chester Taylor in on every third-down passing situation. And now they use Gerhart numerous times per game on third downs. Peterson isn't an every-down back like MJD, McCoy and Foster are.

Maybe things changed last year as I didn't watch many Minnesota games, but that's how it used to be. A thousand pardons if he's developed into an every down back over the last year or so.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Johnson
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Chris Johnson

Hell no.

He, DoucheSean Jackson, and Vick the rottweiler assassin cost me some dollars in fantasy last year

Last edited by QUIZZLE : 05-19-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Peterson isn't on the field for half of the third downs in the game. They used to put Chester Taylor in on every third-down passing situation. And now they use Gerhart numerous times per game on third downs. Peterson isn't an every-down back like MJD, McCoy and Foster are.

Maybe things changed last year as I didn't watch many Minnesota games, but that's how it used to be. A thousand pardons if he's developed into an every down back over the last year or so.
Chester Taylor was just used his rookie year on 3rd downs because AD didn't know the blocking schemes yet

after that he has been 'All Day'
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Johnson is likely a hell no, but Jamal Charles could be a hell yes
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #23
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MoJo..UCLA alum!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm going with a healthy Foster. He can do it all and has a nose for end zone.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

He's really not the though. He struggles at pass protection and he isn't a good pass-catcher out of the backfield.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
He's really not the though. He struggles at pass protection and he isn't a good pass-catcher out of the backfield.
he can both block and catch just fine...where are you people getting this?

granted he isn't Faulk lining up at WR, but he is still decent catching out of the backfeild
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

No and no.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'm going with a healthy Foster. He can do it all and has a nose for end zone.
This is pretty much my selection I think he can do it all.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #29
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There may be some injury concerns, but I'd have to go with Peterson.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: