Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
KB2009Champ
Local High School Star

KB2009Champ has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Evaluation on SG Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
No mention of John Jenkins? Amazing 3pt shooter..

Jenkins, D.Lamb and Kim English are the SG's I want the Nuggets to take a real look at (Jenkins had a workout in Denver yesterday)

All of them could become great roleplayers

Beal and J.Lamb got all-star potential, maybe even Ross as well. But they need minutes from the beginning and I'm not sure Ross will get that.

I would want Ross on the Nuggets (he also had a workout in Denver yesterday) if he wasnt so similar to Jordan Hamilton

Why would the Nuggets draft a wing player though when they clearly need some depth at PG with Miller most likely not returning.

You have Affalo, Chandler, Gallinari, Brewer and Hamilton who the Denver coaches are high on.

If anything I would think PG or another PF/C would be a position that they would look at first .
KB2009Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #17
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
Why would the Nuggets draft a wing player though when they clearly need some depth at PG with Miller most likely not returning.

You have Affalo, Chandler, Gallinari, Brewer and Hamilton who the Denver coaches are high on.

If anything I would think PG or another PF/C would be a position that they would look at first .

It's a weak PG draft, and Lawson is entrenched as the starter. Backup PG is more easily filled via free agency, kind of a waste of a pick. They do need another big though.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someone school me on Dion Waiters, I didn't pay much attention to Syracuse this year but Waiters is getting a lot of hype the last week or so and I just don't see it. Not saying he sucks or anything but I see a lot more Randy Foye than the crazy Dwyane Wade comparison some GM allegedly made.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Someone school me on Dion Waiters, I didn't pay much attention to Syracuse this year but Waiters is getting a lot of hype the last week or so and I just don't see it. Not saying he sucks or anything but I see a lot more Randy Foye than the crazy Dwyane Wade comparison some GM allegedly made.

Exactly
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Cleveland Shopping Their Picks

Call them greedy, but the Cleveland Cavaliers were hoping to win the #1 overall pick for the second year in a row. Surely the idea of pairing Kyrie Irving with Anthony Davis was enough to get the entire state of Ohio excited, but not only did they miss out on the top pick, but the entire lottery. Now, they find themselves with the 4th and 24th picks in the draft, and theyíre doing everything they can to move out of that slot.

Chances are if they stay put, theyíll get an opportunity to draft a player that could fill a positional need for them. They need a prototypical center, so Andre Drummond is a real possibility. They need a small forward, and Michael-Kidd Gilchrist is about as perfect a fit for Irving as there is in this draft. They need a scorer to run alongside their franchise point guard, and Bradley Beal has been tagged as just such a player.

Thomas Robinson would be an upgrade over Tristan Thompson, but not enough of one to warrant selecting him over the other guys mentioned above who answer much more pressing needs.

Thatís why the rumored offer of Clevelandís two first-rounders going to Charlotte in exchange for the #2 likely is with some player other than Robinson in mind. The Bobcats are reportedly very interested in Drummond (though itís a mystery as to why considering Bismack Biyombo, a center, is their most promising player), and Washington has been pegged as a good fit for Kidd-Gilchrist. If one of those two players ended up topping their boards, that could warrant a trade up.

Kidd-Gilchrist, one of the best transition players in college basketball last year, would be an awesome fit in Cleveland, especially since he seems much more like a career second-fiddle than a career alpha dog. Heíll do much better in a place like Cleveland or Washington than Charlotte or Toronto for that exact reason.

However, if the Cavs canít swing that deal (and for the reasons listed at the top of this article regarding Robinson and the Bobcats, thereís a good chance they canít), then Bob Finnan of the Morning Journal suggests they could pursue a deal with Portland that would swap the #4 and #24 for the Blazersí #6 and #11 picks. In this scenario, Cleveland could use the #6 pick to select UConn guard Jeremy Lamb, who they reportedly see as a perfect complement to Irving in the Cavsí backcourt.

Thereís even the suggestion that if they canít swing a deal, Cleveland might rate Lamb higher than Beal on their list of top shooting guards anyway, and based on early workouts that might not be as crazy as some fans think. Beal has reportedly been stiff and slow at workouts, and Lamb is generally considered to have a higher ceiling. The fourth pick might be a little high for him, but if the Blazers agreed to swing that deal, it could benefit both parties. At #4, Portland could get a player like Drummond or Harrison Barnes that might not have been available to them two picks later.

The early word is that there are a lot of teams looking to trade out of their first-round picks this year, and that could mean big moves at the draft in a few weeks. Expect Cleveland to lead the charge and be one of the more aggressive teams along those lines.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #21
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Could MKG play the 2 in the NBA?

He is a legit 6'7 with slashing abilities. Improved jumper, but could use work. Not sure about his 3 pt ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U9q...feature=relmfu
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #22
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny

He is a legit 6'7 with slashing abilities. Improved jumper, but could use work. Not sure about his 3 pt ability.

of course he can- atleast a team will hope he can

one of the biggest ish mistakes is to over define positions- positions are defensive, who can you cover

Not only will teams hope and see if mkg and barnes can play sg they will hope and try beal and rivers can play pg
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny

his jumper still looks terrible

releasing it on the way down
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
idizzle
Good college starter

MKG on playing the 2.

ďI love playing defense, thatís my thing,Ē MKG went on to tell me during a break in the session. ďI feel like Iím a guy who can guard [positions] 1 through 4 in the NBA. Offensively, I believe I can play the 2 or 3 in the NBA too, and Iím just working hard in order to prepare myself for that. SLAM
Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
suggests they could pursue a deal with Portland that would swap the #4 and #24 for the Blazersí #6 and #11 picks. In this scenario, Cleveland could use the #6 pick to select UConn guard Jeremy Lamb, who they reportedly see as a perfect complement to Irving in the Cavsí backcourt.

Which player could possibly be worth it for portland to move 2 picks up and then 13 picks back with pick 2? I see portland in a great spot- id rather have 6 and 11 than 4 and 24
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Which player could possibly be worth it for portland to move 2 picks up and then 13 picks back with pick 2? I see portland in a great spot- id rather have 6 and 11 than 4 and 24

drummond, could there around at 4, and very unlikely wont be there at 6.

he would be perfect next to aldridge
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Well here's the thing about Jenkins IMO (I'm by no means an NBA scout so this is just my opinion lol)

Yeah, like D.Lamb, he's a terrific 3 point shooter. But shooting and moving using screens is literally all he can do, so in that regard he'll be greatly influenced by the team's style that he gets drafted by. Also like Lamb, he's not a great finisher inside but at least Lamb has somewhat of a quicker slash move whereas Jenkins is pretty slow and can't do that. Jenkins is also overall less athletic and though I'm normally someone who thinks athleticism gets overrated, Jenkins is really slow laterally at even a college level, so that's really going to hurt him in the NBA. But like Lamb, his shooting should definitely find him a spot.

bysde82 - Yeah, Wroten was pretty ball dominant, he was basically another SG out there but he didn't perform well enough at all to justify the usage amount he was getting.

you are wrong about Lamb, he finishes very well in traffic and especially on the break. Tony Parker-esque (although not as good, obviously, but you get what I'm saying)

he also did a good job backing up Teague at the point.

My only concern with him on the next level is his slow release.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
you are wrong about Lamb, he finishes very well in traffic and especially on the break. Tony Parker-esque (although not as good, obviously, but you get what I'm saying)

he also did a good job backing up Teague at the point.

My only concern with him on the next level is his slow release.

Doron Lamb is NOT a good finisher on the inside. Yeah, he's like Parker in the sense that he does that little floater thing, but no where near as consistently, and he doesn't have the moves in getting inside as someone like Parker.

He's a sick shooter and did a solid job at PG considering he's a natural 2, but YOU are wrong about Lamb.

I even just looked up his profile on DraftExpress. He only shoots 46% inside the arc and his lack of explosiveness and skill inside makes him a relatively mediocre finisher on the inside, which I agree with. His primary asset will be as a shooter and will probably do very little facilitating at the NBA level.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Doron Lamb is NOT a good finisher on the inside. Yeah, he's like Parker in the sense that he does that little floater thing, but no where near as consistently, and he doesn't have the moves in getting inside as someone like Parker.

He's a sick shooter and did a solid job at PG considering he's a natural 2, but YOU are wrong about Lamb.

I even just looked up his profile on DraftExpress. He only shoots 46% inside the arc and his lack of explosiveness and skill inside makes him a relatively mediocre finisher on the inside, which I agree with. His primary asset will be as a shooter and will probably do very little facilitating at the NBA level.

Stats can only tell you so much, as someone who watched every second of his career at UK, I saw him finish many a tough shot. And again, he converted on fast breaks and drew and 1's constantly.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I don't know how you could come to the conclusion he's a bad finisher if you watch him play alot. Maybe it's not a plus-skill, but in no way is he a poor finisher. He's very crafty.

As far the PG thing, I just threw that in there to show he definitely has some versatility in his game. I'm not expecting him to get PG minutes in the NBA, but that ability informs his game overall.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #30
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
Stats can only tell you so much, as someone who watched every second of his career at UK, I saw him finish many a tough shot. And again, he converted on fast breaks and drew and 1's constantly.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I don't know how you could come to the conclusion he's a bad finisher if you watch him play alot. Maybe it's not a plus-skill, but in no way is he a poor finisher. He's very crafty.

As far the PG thing, I just threw that in there to show he definitely has some versatility in his game. I'm not expecting him to get PG minutes in the NBA, but that ability informs his game overall.

Sounds fair enough, it's natural for people to have different opinions on a matter. Would you agree though that Lamb's ceiling is probably at a decently good starter and his floor is a solid role player? I think Lamb's a pretty safe prospect in that you know what you're getting for him.

As far as Dion Waiters goes, I like the guy. Not as much as I like what is (in my book) the three SGs (J.Lamb, Beal, Ross) but he's good, though the Wade comparisons are fairly unwarranted.

He's short and not particularly long though I THINK that the Wade comparison(s) came in the fact that Waiters likes to take it hard and strong to the rim and operates well in the fast break. As well as his intensity and power shown both on the defensive side and on offense.

I don't know as much as I do about Waiters as other prospects but I think some people have praised his half court, particularly his PnR ability. He's decently explosive and is good at powering his way through using picks and things like that but I don't think he can play PG like a lot of people suggest because of a few reasons - lack of experience at the spot, inconsistent shooting, and good court vision ... all things that I think need to be improved because he is a bit short so he might be expected to run point a bit.

Again, just my opinion, so take with grain of salt.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: