Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
cangoods
I brick open layups

Default Media Bias w/ the Knicks

Hello all.
I read some of the blogs on the knicks and articles on the local papers.

It seems like most fans (myself included) feel there is a serious bias w/ teh new york media against isaih and against the team.

When teh season started I almsot felt like they would rather see the team loose so that isaih can get fired than for them to win. I have actually spoken to fellow fans that felt that way.

My problem is the media criticizes every move this guy makes. Now i will be the first to say that the steve francis trade may have been the worst trade i have seen since the patric ewing trade. The Jalen rose trade was not too far behind that trade.

But on whole his moves have been good.

Do you guys agree w/ me that there is Bias ?
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Yes and they will be the first one's to say how great he is when they win.

That's the way it is, they are two faced. They will all jump on a bandwagon. To make a point remember the movie "Forrest Gump"? The critics blasted it and gave 3 stars at best. It was a big hit, all of a sudden it's a great 4 star movie.....I never listen to movie critics, they are like sports journalists and have their own agendas.

That's the nature of the media. They need to justify having a job. So when there is no news they will make some up or stir up controversy.

It has nothing to do with the facts. Just like one article saying Jefferies shut down Artest when it was Lee. The guy didn't even watch the game.

I don't pay much attention to them. Most don't know sports and are marginal journalists at best.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

You cant blame the media for the criticism, what has Isiah accomplished in his three year tenure? The first year he was here, we made the playoffs with a record of 39-43. Next year, our wins go down to 33, than it goes down again to 23. He has compiled great young talents, but with a payroll like that, it hasnt translated to wins. We are getting better this season, and not all his moves are terrible(i liked most of them) but the media has a basis for its criticism.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
You cant blame the media for the criticism, what has Isiah accomplished in his three year tenure? The first year he was here, we made the playoffs with a record of 39-43. Next year, our wins go down to 33, than it goes down again to 23. He has compiled great young talents, but with a payroll like that, it hasnt translated to wins. We are getting better this season, and not all his moves are terrible(i liked most of them) but the media has a basis for its criticism.

The problem is that the Knicks play in the media capital of the world. Anything happens with the Knicks, it will be on espn with the quickness with as much critisism as humanly possible. As for what Isaiah has done for the team, he has placed people more in their natural positions (remember Spreewell playing with point guard duties?), he brought in people with size (before the knicks were very undersized, having Kurt Thomas as their tallest and most physical for years until they brought in Tim Thomas). And lets not forget, he inherrited a bad team which was already over the cap to begin with. So its not like he single handedly placed this team into the luxury tax hall of fame. He did a lot for a team that many people didn't want to work with. Before Frye, Lee, Curry, nate rob, Balkman, and Marbury, the Knicks were looking for an identity. Rebounding and shot-blocking were our sore weakness, but now we are the best rebounding team in the league. We have an identity with Curry, marbs, Frye, Lee, etc. and we're getting better. With everything this team has faced, Isaiah has helped them through it and is determined to make this team better.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Very good post. But we don't get much ESPN action though. We aren't on any major sports channel other than MSG. UInless it's a local game for the other team that has a station of their own like WGN or FSN.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: