Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.
Default Digglers Final Mock Draft, DAMMIT!!!

Below is a link to the finest mock draft on the web, DAMMIT!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/mymock.p...d=418&detail=1
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

No way Gay falls to 8 and no way in hell Thomas falls to 10. Is that a joke?? Plus there is no way Collins falls to the second round.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
Bill Swerski

If we take Brandon "midget with a giraffe neck, and questionable range" Roy...

@ the # 2, the boys will not be pleased...@ all...

Old 06-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #4
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
No way Gay falls to 8 and no way in hell Thomas falls to 10. Is that a joke?? Plus there is no way Collins falls to the second round.

I think Collins could actually be one of the players that will drop. He was a fine college player, but I think he may have problems to play in the nba. He is slow and not a particularly good shooter. I don't see him a as apg in the NBA like most people seem to think. These 6'6 college guards who are supposed to play pg in the nba seem to flop or end up playing other position. Jeryl Sasser, Joe Johnson, Reece Gaines were all supposed to be nba pg's because of their size and ability to run the show. However, only Joe Johnson was worth his pick, and only because he can play sg. I would say that Collins has much less talent than Sessyr or Gaines when they came out of college.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

I could see Collins being a great fit for the Lakers at 26 paired in the backcourt with Kobe. He just needs the right system.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:

Draft 101 for Dwillreg

Logic
If Aldridge, Roy and S.Williams all have top 5 guarantees and as most educated Hoops fan know Bargnani is headed for the Raps that leaves only the following options:

Either Morrison or Gay will go to the Bobcats at 3, I believe it will me Morrison.
That leaves Foye, Gay and Thomas for the T-wolves at 6. Foye has been killing everybody for the past two weeks now non-stop so I believe the wolves will select him (McHale is an idiot so Gay and Thomas could fall here as well)
However, Thomas has not worked out for anybody which tends to rub GM's the wrong way, so he will fall.
At 7 the Celtics are deciding between M.Williams and Rondo I believe they take M.Williams Ainge has been throwing out too much negativity towards M.Williams so much so that it must be a smokescreen, if he takes Rondo (who he has been pumping up, i'll be shocked)
At 8 the Rockets need a 3 in the worst way so Gay would be their pick because I don't think the Bobcats will take him over Morrison.
at 9 just look at G.S. roster they have two huge holes-SF and C.
with Gay gone at 8 they will take O'Bryant
That leaves Thomas and his bad agents to fall to 10 with SEA, they should have learned from G.Green last year that not working out and refusing to work out vs. the other top players when you do work out is not the smartest way of going about business.
As for your Collins comment, I like him too but 3 on 3 work outs don't do him justice nor do shooting drills. He is a player but this draft has too many shooters for someone to take him in Rd.1 as S.Brown and Gibson worked their way into the first round he and Ager will drop out.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-24-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Draft 101 for Dwillreg

Logic
If Aldridge, Roy and S.Williams all have top 5 guarantees and as most educated Hoops fan know Bargnani is headed for the Raps that leaves only the following options:

Either Morrison or Gay will go to the Bobcats at 3, I believe it will me Morrison.
That leaves Foye, Gay and Thomas for the T-wolves at 6. Foye has been killing everybody for the past two weeks now non-stop so I believe the wolves will select him (McHale is an idiot so Gay and Thomas could fall here as well)
However, Thomas has not worked out for anybody which tends to rub GM's the wrong way, so he will fall.
At 7 the Celtics are deciding between M.Williams and Rondo I believe they take M.Williams Ainge has been throwing out too much negativity towards M.Williams so much so that it must be a smokescreen, if he takes Rondo (who he has been pumping up, i'll be shocked)
At 8 the Rockets need a 3 in the worst way so Gay would be their pick because I don't think the Bobcats will take him over Morrison.
at 9 just look at G.S. roster they have two huge holes-SF and C.
with Gay gone at 8 they will take O'Bryant
That leaves Thomas and his bad agents to fall to 10 with SEA, they should have learned from G.Green last year that not working out and refusing to work out vs. the other top players when you do work out is not the smartest way of going about business.
As for your Collins comment, I like him too but 3 on 3 work outs don't do him justice nor do shooting drills. He is a player but this draft has too many shooters for someone to take him in Rd.1 as S.Brown and Gibson worked their way into the first round he and Ager will drop out.

Maybe before you give me "draft 101" you should know what you are talking about. First Bargnani will most likely go first overall because Collangelo likes versitial players. Second a team in the top 3 guarenteed Tyrus Thomas and the only logical team there is the Bulls so Thomas goes 2, not 10. Third, Morrison isn't going to the Bobcats because MJ doesn't want him and hasn't even invited him for a second workout. He wants Brandon Roy and he will take him. Fourth Portland wants Morrison and might even trade up to get him so they take him at 4. Five, even if Atlanta "promised" Sheldon Williams and take him that leaves two of the top prospects to slide out of the top 6. Minnesota decides between Gay and Aldridge and Boston even though they antisipated taking a PG, with an elite prospect either Gay or Aldridge left they would take one of them in a hurry.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Like I said, no way Gay falls to 8 and Thomas falls to 10.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
. Second a team in the top 3 guarenteed Tyrus Thomas and the only logical team there is the Bulls so Thomas goes 2, not 10. Third, Morrison isn't going to the Bobcats because MJ doesn't want him and hasn't even invited him for a second workout. He wants Brandon Roy and he will take him. Fourth Portland wants Morrison and might even trade up to get him so they take him at 4. Five, even if Atlanta "promised" Sheldon Williams and take him that leaves two of the top prospects to slide out of the top 6. Minnesota decides between Gay and Aldridge and Boston even though they antisipated taking a PG, with an elite prospect either Gay or Aldridge left they would take one of them in a hurry.

Quote:
. First Bargnani will most likely go first overall because Collangelo likes versitial players. Second a team in the top 3 guarenteed Tyrus Thomas and the only logical team there is the Bulls so Thomas goes 2, not 10. .

Why would the Bulls gaurantee Thomas anything, he was not impressive in his workouts there. The first one he said he was ill due to his flight and the next time he was not phyisally able to do anything, dumb azz where do you get your info. Why would they lock up a guy that has not worked out for anybody and was a dud during the two workouts he had in chicago. Plus he does not have a f..cking position dude, where the f..ck does he play? Why pick a positionless player at no.2 azz hole. Roy however, is a Bull type player he would fit in like a glove. They are trying their hardest to move Gordon as I type. Why, because they are some cheap SOB's that's why.

The Raps will Draft Morrison or Aldridge for the Blazers and the Blazers will give the Raps the 4th and 30th picks (they may throw in the 31th too) plus one or two guards (Dixon, Blake or Jack). Bargnani will go 4th.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #10
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Thats great if you don't like Tyrus Thomas becuase he doesn't have a position. I don't really care. No way will someone who has so much potential like Thomas fall to number 10. And Gay will either go number 3 or number 6.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #11
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Houston gets: 5th overall pick
Atlanta gets: 8th overall pick, Luther Head

Phoenix gets: 13th overall pick
Philadelphia gets: 21st overall pick and 27th overall pick

Chicago gets: 19th overall pick and Kenny Thomas
Sacramento gets: 16th overall pick

1. Toronto- Andrea Bargnani
2. Chicago- Brandon Roy
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland- LaMarcus Aldridge
5. Houston- Tyrus Thomas
6. Minnesota- Adam Morrison
7. Boston- Rajon Rondo
8. Atlanta- Shelden Williams
9. Golden State- Patrick O’Bryant
10. Seattle- Cedric Simmons
11. Orlando- JJ Reddick
12. New Orleans- Rodney Carney
13. Pheonix- Mouhamed Saer Sene
14. Utah- Randy Foye
15. New Orleans- Alaxander Johnson
16. Sacramento- Marcus Williams
17. Indiana- Sergio Rodriguez
18. Washington- Hilton Armstrong
19. Chicago- Quincy Douby
20. New York- Josh Boone
21. Philadelphia- Shawne Williams
22. New Jersey- Thabo Sefolosha
23. New Jersey- Kyle Lowry
24. Memphis- Jordan Farmar
25. Cleveland- Mardy Collins
26. LA Lakers- Shannon Brown
27. Philadelphia- Oleksiy Pecherov
28. Dallas- P.J, Tucker
29. New York- Guillermo Diaz
30. Portland- James White
Old 06-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #12
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Gay or Morrison will go no.3
However, If Roy goes no.2 then how can Morrison drop to no.6
They played this year and well Morrison went for what 45-46 and fouled Roy out. In other words Roy got served! How can a guy drop 45-46 on the no.2 pick a guy that has locked down everybody else in college basketball and drop to 6. In a work out last week Morrison hit what 46 out of 50 jumpers.
No way he drops to 6 dude. You also forgot about F.O.Y.E. he has been doing one hell of a Black Jesus impersonation the last three weeks. About four or five GM's are now calling him the hands down best player in the draft. So IMO Houston may get a quasi steal (He is nothing but the next Derrick McKey to me).

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-24-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:29 PM   #13
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Houston gets: 5th overall pick
Atlanta gets: 8th overall pick, Luther Head

Phoenix gets: 13th overall pick
Philadelphia gets: 21st overall pick and 27th overall pick

Chicago gets: 19th overall pick and Kenny Thomas
Sacramento gets: 16th overall pick

1. Toronto- Andrea Bargnani
2. Chicago- Brandon Roy
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland- LaMarcus Aldridge
5. Houston- Tyrus Thomas
6. Minnesota- Adam Morrison
7. Boston- Rajon Rondo
8. Atlanta- Shelden Williams
9. Golden State- Patrick O’Bryant
10. Seattle- Cedric Simmons
11. Orlando- JJ Reddick
12. New Orleans- Rodney Carney
13. Pheonix- Mouhamed Saer Sene
14. Utah- Randy Foye
15. New Orleans- Alaxander Johnson
16. Sacramento- Marcus Williams
17. Indiana- Sergio Rodriguez
18. Washington- Hilton Armstrong
19. Chicago- Quincy Douby
20. New York- Josh Boone
21. Philadelphia- Shawne Williams
22. New Jersey- Thabo Sefolosha
23. New Jersey- Kyle Lowry
24. Memphis- Jordan Farmar
25. Cleveland- Mardy Collins
26. LA Lakers- Shannon Brown
27. Philadelphia- Oleksiy Pecherov
28. Dallas- P.J, Tucker
29. New York- Guillermo Diaz
30. Portland- James White

First off Phily is trying to move up not down
second Armstrong and Williams will both be gone by pick 15
Toronto is going to select Aldridge or Morrison for someone else and trade down for Barngani.
No way Tucker makes it into the first round
Cleveland gave Gibson a guarantee
Old 06-25-2006, 11:19 PM   #14
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

You're entitled to your opion on all of that expect Philly's trading philosophy. They really want Shawne Williams and want to move down to get him at a better value. Besides, who would they move up for?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Sixers want to move up.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: