Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #1486
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Thanks for the overview Jasi. I hope my Dutch fellows can bounce back a little in the Serie A. I'm not the biggest fan of Sneijder, De Jong or El Hamdaoui but I hope they will represent proper.

Also still hoping for Emanuelson to succeed against the odds. :)
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #1487
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Hulk isn't worth 60 million ffs
on wiki says hulk 47 mil and witsel 40mil
well its not as bad as first said, but still thats a lot of money

they are in a group with anderlecht, milan and malaga.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #1488
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great post Jasi, thanks for the effort. I'm high on Insigne, let's see what he has in him. I really love the trio from Pescara (Insigne, Immobile, Verrati), they all have a very bright future I think, and they all landed nice transfers already.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #1489
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
For anyone who's interested, here's a quick overview at this year's Serie A.

Good review but i think Roma has the 2nd best team on paper, and from what ive seen against inter they had great chemistry too.

And lol cant believe what happened to Inter, 2 years ago they were CL champions and had the defensive team to stop Barca, look at them now with Rannochia and Silvestre as their CBs. Yeah well that happens when you play anti football, have a slow and painful death Inter.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1490
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Lloris already unhappy with AVB.
That didn't take long
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #1491
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Why didn't Juve get relegated again for Conte's match fixing?

As much as I'd love Juve to be relegated for whatever reason... there is no ground for any action agains t Juventus.
Conte was Siena's coach at the time of the events he's accused of, so Juventus doesn't have anything to do with the whole issue (except being his current employer of course).
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #1492
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Thanks for the overview Jasi. I hope my Dutch fellows can bounce back a little in the Serie A. I'm not the biggest fan of Sneijder, De Jong or El Hamdaoui but I hope they will represent proper.

Also still hoping for Emanuelson to succeed against the odds. :)

I surely have the same hope for El Hamdaoui
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #1493
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Great post Jasi, thanks for the effort. I'm high on Insigne, let's see what he has in him. I really love the trio from Pescara (Insigne, Immobile, Verrati), they all have a very bright future I think, and they all landed nice transfers already.

I'm very curious about them three as well.
It's funny to see that it was enough that Prandelli called up Verratti for the pre-Euro 2012 NT meeting to make him the most valuable piece in the transfer market (and to have him out of Serie A now ).

I think Insigne is in the best conditions to emerge now, of all three. He is in his home town, he has the love of his fans and a starting spot in a very competitive team, alongside a top-notch striker. If he fails, it will be up to him only.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #1494
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Good review but i think Roma has the 2nd best team on paper, and from what ive seen against inter they had great chemistry too.

And lol cant believe what happened to Inter, 2 years ago they were CL champions and had the defensive team to stop Barca, look at them now with Rannochia and Silvestre as their CBs. Yeah well that happens when you play anti football, have a slow and painful death Inter.

I think there is a lot of hype around Roma just because Zeman became their head coach. The same squad, with a different coach, and everyone would be putting it where it belongs (Europa League zone, at best CL).
Let's see what Zeman can do. I like his style (what's not to like about it, it's as entertaining as it can get), but I don't know about its effectiveness at the top level.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #1495
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Roma also bought a lithuanian GK svetkauskas. That shit aint common in lithuania. We suck at football.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #1496
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Roma also bought a lithuanian GK svetkauskas. That shit aint common in lithuania. We suck at football.

True. He comes from Fiorentina's youth squad. I liked him, I'm sad he was given away.

By the way I've just added the Roma formation in my previous long post, and bolded newly acquired players in all formations, to make it clearer.

Last edited by Jasi : 09-04-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #1497
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Jasi,
What is the deal with Italian teams (to include the national team during euros) playing 3 across the back? Is this common for most Italian sides?
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #1498
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks for the preview Jasi. Do you think Luca Toni has anything left in the tank to contribute to Fiorentina?

Also, do you think Michael Bradley will be a key player for Roma?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1499
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
Jasi,
What is the deal with Italian teams (to include the national team during euros) playing 3 across the back? Is this common for most Italian sides?

Well I guess it's a cycle, like all tactical solutions.
In the latest years 3-men offenses have been very common throughout Europe, thus the widespread use of the back 4.
Now the 2-forward formation is coming back and coaches respond to that with a more efficient 3-men defense.
Usually, Italy just happens to be the place where tactical changes occur first
I'd bet that in 1-2 seasons a good share of European sides will use the back 3 as well.
(I think Manchester City already used it a few times this season?)

Last edited by Jasi : 09-04-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1500
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Thanks for the preview Jasi. Do you think Luca Toni has anything left in the tank to contribute to Fiorentina?

Also, do you think Michael Bradley will be a key player for Roma?

Toni is 35 year old and comes from a season in Saudi Arabia - I never watched him play there but I read he scored 7 goals in 14 matches - not that this has any relevance in Europe , but usually old guys on the brink of retirement go there.
He had kept a good scoring efficiency after the Bayern experience, with Roma and Genoa, but the Juventus stint was underwhelming.
So I really don't know, it'll surely take a while for him to get back to a decent condition, but maybe he can still put in some header in the final minutes of a stuck game... For sure, in the January transfer market Fiorentina will look for another striker, a starter (unless El Hamdaoui proves to be a sweet option in the meantine).

As for Bradley, he's the starting CM and he's a nice fit in Zeman's ideas as the centerpiece in the midfield. The Greek youngster ('91) Tachtsidis, however, has a higher upside and methinks he will probably be a threat to his starting spot as the season goes on.

Last edited by Jasi : 09-04-2012 at 11:43 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: