Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #1606
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Shame. People should pay better attention.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #1607
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Shame. People should pay better attention.

Ignore him. He's an idiot who thought the Clippers were going to beat the Spurs in 4 or 5 or something. He knows as much about soccer as he does about basketball.

That said, I do think it's quite a stretch to say Serie A is (or will be in the near future) the best league in the world. I think it might be the most competetive (outside of Juve being #1) between 2-20, but that's because, like you said, the teams aren't really competetive on an elite level (Champs League) apart from hopefully Juve. I just don't see Milan pulling through next summer to make it competetive with Juve. Seriously, losing Ibra + Silva is insane. Unless Pato can stay healthy, I don't really see them being 'competetive' (I'd hope to be proven wrong). I hope Inter is willing to part with Sneijder so we can see him maybe regain some sort of form. He was fairly good for the Dutch national team after having an abysmal season last year. Hopefully they let him go for a semi-fair price.

I think the German league is always the most fun to watch though. Premier League can get a bit too gritty at times with teams grinding out the 1-0 or 1-1 win. I have a lot more fun watching lower league Italian teams than lower league PL teams.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #1608
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

I lol'ed. But this year Celtic isn't doing so well they are in 5th place and just lost to a team called St. Johnstone
Discussing La Liga is one of the most useless of the useless discussions available, everybody know it's gonna be either Real or Barca so what the **** is the point really? Corrupt league owned by two teams the rest are there just to fill the rest of the spots and dance to their tune. Just last year Real and Barcelona scored 121 and 114 respectively with 40 and 30 points point difference to the third team
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #1609
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #1610
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The refing in the Everton v Newcastle match today is horrendous.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #1611
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-22-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #1612
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
Ignore him. He's an idiot who thought the Clippers were going to beat the Spurs in 4 or 5 or something. He knows as much about soccer as he does about basketball.

That said, I do think it's quite a stretch to say Serie A is (or will be in the near future) the best league in the world. I think it might be the most competetive (outside of Juve being #1) between 2-20, but that's because, like you said, the teams aren't really competetive on an elite level (Champs League) apart from hopefully Juve. I just don't see Milan pulling through next summer to make it competetive with Juve. Seriously, losing Ibra + Silva is insane. Unless Pato can stay healthy, I don't really see them being 'competetive' (I'd hope to be proven wrong). I hope Inter is willing to part with Sneijder so we can see him maybe regain some sort of form. He was fairly good for the Dutch national team after having an abysmal season last year. Hopefully they let him go for a semi-fair price.

I think the German league is always the most fun to watch though. Premier League can get a bit too gritty at times with teams grinding out the 1-0 or 1-1 win. I have a lot more fun watching lower league Italian teams than lower league PL teams.

I think the Bundesliga is consistently fun because they play the right way. But it's crazy when people place it above Serie A. The Bundesliga is absolutely competitive. But as a Brazilian who sees a bunch of the not-as-impressive as others Brazilians playing in the Bundesliga, I can say that it isn't as strong a league as Serie A. Bayern just shoot themselves in the foot, with his college football sense of entitlement.

It's just disappointing when a team as popular as Dortmund (which was a monster team in the 90's and early 2000's), with the best home attendance on the continent, and the 2time defending champs, has a cog in their system talk openly (at the start of the season) about how it would be an opportunity worth considering, if Bayern were interested in him next year. As if the crazy amounts of crack that Dortmund give him, that let him think it's possible he'd play more than 10mins a year behind Gomez, just isn't enough.

I think Serie A is pretty close. We'll see after this year. It is still a great league tho.

BTW, I think I agree on Sneijder. He looks motivated his year. But the truth is that, outside of his first season at Inter, he hasn't been anywhere near his best form in the 3 years he's been there. And he only had one great year (and two seasons in total) at Madrid...guy is wasting time.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #1613
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

When Schweinsteiger calls it a day Bayern will have new and improved Yaya Toure 2.0 as his replacement.

I present to you:

Emre Can

I can't wait for this guy to get more experience. I doubt he'll got much playing time though. I hope Bayern loans him out.

That said, those Orange jerseys look horrible.

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #1614
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Fc Schalke 04 - Fc Bayern today.

Quick history:

In 2001 Schalke fans thought they were champions because they won their game and Bayern got scored on in the 90th minute. Schalke fans already started running onto the field celebrating, not realizing the Bayern game wasn't over yet. Then Bayern scored a goal a few minutes later to make it 1-1 to win the title.

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-22-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #1615
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

ive bet on bayern they better win
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #1616
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

fellaini is playing out of his mind this season

leading candidate for EPL player of the year as of right now
Old 09-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #1617
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this everton swansea game is a lot of fun
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #1618
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

What a game
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #1619
alenleomessi

ridiculously good game
Old 09-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #1620
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
fellaini is playing out of his mind this season

leading candidate for EPL player of the year as of right now
Wow, you outdid yourself in terms of retardation this time
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: