Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2011
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,709
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold



lol macedonia



and its ironic how all the cheaters, divers talk comes from nickyoung when his team had one of the biggest divers in the history of all sports - drogba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPsF...layer_embedded
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #2012
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
cazorla must be like f*ck i miss joaquin and ruud




Ruud? Did you actually watch Malaga last season?



And when you talk about Barcelona signing Vertonghen...to do what, play LB or play CB? Cuz at sweeper he'd be incredible. If Pique ever wakes up again you'd have the chance of having the two best CB's in the world for a long time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
City are easily a better team than Chelsea, even Nick Young would admit that.



Player for player, yes. No one has depth like they do. But Chelsea are close with the starting players and they have the best team in the league. And while Di Matteo makes no sense in resting Lampard (ever, much less consecutive games) he's not the manager that Mancini is.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #2013
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 15,900
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi



and its ironic how all the cheaters, divers talk comes from nickyoung when his team had one of the biggest divers in the history of all sports - drogba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPsF...layer_embedded
Barcelona=Drogba's bitch. Just one of the many casualties of the GOAT Ivoirian center forward.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #2014
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

Torres wins Golden boot this summer and now has 5 goals in 10 games (in other words, a .5 goal a game average) and he is "done" apparently XD People so scurred, can't wait to see him rape United this year and avenge his miss. Torres redemption is on the way. Be scurred. Evans and Ferdinand are going to be forced into retirement.



Torres sucks. That goal was man-handling of a CB who shouldn't ever be on the field ahead of Mertesacker (mind-boggling). Torres took him out of the play. That's awful.


Outside of his 2 goal game, Torres has been atrocious. I guess he looked OK against Arsenal. But he does suck.


And about Ramires not being able to play CM...he is a CM, so any of the people who say that should be shot in the face. What he is not is a winger and I never want to see that again. But regardless, Lampard should always start and especially in big games. Di Matteo better watch himself.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #2015
b1imtf
raep tiem
 
b1imtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: k?
Posts: 10,149
b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold



lol macedonia
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #2016
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 15,900
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Ruud? Did you actually watch Malaga last season?



And when you talk about Barcelona signing Vertonghen...to do what, play LB or play CB? Cuz at sweeper he'd be incredible. If Pique ever wakes up again you'd have the chance of having the two best CB's in the world for a long time.







Player for player, yes. No one has depth like they do. But Chelsea are close with the starting players and they have the best team in the league. And while Di Matteo makes no sense in resting Lampard (ever, much less consecutive games) he's not the manager that Mancini is.
Mikel/Ramires bossed Arsenal's midfield two days ago, and they are the future of Chelsea. Di Matteo knows what he's doing.

Stop selling Di Matteo short, he's quality, he has beaten the best managers in the world and won major titles.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #2017
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Mikel/Ramires bossed Arsenal's midfield two days ago, and they are the future of Chelsea. Di Matteo knows what he's doing.

Stop selling Di Matteo short, he's quality, he has beaten the best managers in the world and won major titles.



Mikel is not the future. It's not really his position, especially as currently constructed. He can play that role the way Chelsea played 4 years ago, but not now.


Ramires can be the future, but Lampard is the same today. You play your best players and don't hold them hostage to their age.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #2018
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,709
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Ruud? Did you actually watch Malaga last season?



And when you talk about Barcelona signing Vertonghen...to do what, play LB or play CB? Cuz at sweeper he'd be incredible. If Pique ever wakes up again you'd have the chance of having the two best CB's in the world for a long time.




Well they were looking for a LB so i guess his primary position would have been LB... but with all the injuries he would have played lots of CB too ( his better position anyway )


And Pique is only great when he plays next to Puyol. Without him he gets lost. I was surprised he didnt do anything stupid in the Euros.

And i thought Ruud did decent last year even though he didnt score much. And Saviola btw, is a whole new man this season
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #2019
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,978
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Well they were looking for a LB so i guess his primary position would have been LB... but with all the injuries he would have played lots of CB too ( his better position anyway )

Bringing in Vertonghen primarily at left back is the worst idea I ever heard. I doubt you have ever seen him play a minute.

You take a player who's entire skillset is based around playing centrally behind midfield. Great opening pass, can slot effortlessly into central midfield, distance shooter, etc. And then you go and put him into a possession where non of his core skills are beneficial.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #2020
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,709
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Bringing in Vertonghen primarily at left back is the worst idea I ever heard. I doubt you have ever seen him play a minute.

You take a player who's entire skillset is based around playing centrally behind midfield. Great opening pass, can slot effortlessly into central midfield, distance shooter, etc. And then you go and put him into a possession where non of his core skills are beneficial.
He did play LB for Tottenham and he was decent. When you have a great pair of CBs you have no other option but to play him out of position, whether it is LB or in the midfield, like in Belgium national team for example.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #2021
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,709
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

And im on your ignore list, but you keep reading my posts. Im dumb why bother? I might hurt your incredibly high intelligence quotient.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #2022
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,978
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
And im on your ignore list, but you keep reading my posts. Im dumb why bother? I might hurt your incredibly high intelligence quotient.

It's true.

I can perfectly identify the reasons why Vertonghen should play at center back or midfield.

You can't identify any reasons why Vertonghen should play left back. No insight. No reasoning. No anything. Just "uhhh he played LB this one time and was decent".


So yes, you are offensively dumb. You suck dude, no doubt about it. Everybody should have you on ignore.
Everybody click this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/pro...ignore&u=83357
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #2023
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,709
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's true.

I can perfectly identify the reasons why Vertonghen should play at center back or midfield.

You can't identify any reasons why Vertonghen should play left back. No insight. No reasoning. No anything. Just "uhhh he played LB this one time and was decent".


So yes, you are offensively dumb. You suck dude, no doubt about it. Everybody should have you on ignore.
Everybody click this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/pro...ignore&u=83357
because he would still be better than most of the left backs in the world anyway... he has pace, is left footed and can get back on defense unlike bale.... if your team already has two great CBs ( like belgium, or barca if he signed for them ) it would be better to just play him in the midfield or left back than not play him at all.


And yeah whats the point in adding me on the ignore list when you still keep reading my posts. Get a life.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #2024
plowking
Banned
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,769
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Torres sucks. That goal was man-handling of a CB who shouldn't ever be on the field ahead of Mertesacker (mind-boggling). Torres took him out of the play. That's awful.


Outside of his 2 goal game, Torres has been atrocious. I guess he looked OK against Arsenal. But he does suck.


And about Ramires not being able to play CM...he is a CM, so any of the people who say that should be shot in the face. What he is not is a winger and I never want to see that again. But regardless, Lampard should always start and especially in big games. Di Matteo better watch himself.

I don't know who you support, but if you do support Chelsea like I do, you don't have a clue about the club. Lampard is better than Ramires? Lampard should be starting in big games? Yeah, no thanks. I want someone who can track the ball and actually close down other midfielders. Lampard has been atrocious on the defensive side of the ball.

And Nick Young, Hazard has far and away been our best player this season. Its not close.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #2025
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I don't know who you support, but if you do support Chelsea like I do, you don't have a clue about the club. Lampard is better than Ramires? Lampard should be starting in big games? Yeah, no thanks. I want someone who can track the ball and actually close down other midfielders. Lampard has been atrocious on the defensive side of the ball.

And Nick Young, Hazard has far and away been our best player this season. Its not close.



Not a Chelsea fan and, regardless of what you're trying to say, Lampard is the same.


I never knew Lampard to be a defensive player. What he is, is a hard-worker, an attack-minded box-to-box player, and a great slide-tackler. He's never even been like Gerrard, who could stick slide tackles on everyone, as he could always track players down and closed them down on lines. But Lampard times superbly well, can cover, and work off other people.


Frank Lampard is exactly the player he was 5 years ago. Ramires is great. I'm Brazilian and I like him, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If what you want his defense, fine, but don't tell me he's as good as Lampard because he isn't and I don't have to be a Chelsea fan to be right on this. I watch the games.


There's also a great chance that you wouldn't need that Ramires quality if you played Romeu. Ramires covers up the ground that Mikel doesn't. Romeu is a natural DM and has remarkable positioning on both sides. Either way, Ramires is not better than Lampard.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy