Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #2026
plowking
well DENG

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Not a Chelsea fan and, regardless of what you're trying to say, Lampard is the same.

I never knew Lampard to be a defensive player. What he is, is a hard-worker, an attack-minded box-to-box player, and a great slide-tackler. He's never even been like Gerrard, who could stick slide tackles on everyone, as he could always track players down and closed them down on lines. But Lampard times superbly well, can cover, and work off other people.

Frank Lampard is exactly the player he was 5 years ago. Ramires is great. I'm Brazilian and I like him, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If what you want his defense, fine, but don't tell me he's as good as Lampard because he isn't and I don't have to be a Chelsea fan to be right on this. I watch the games.

There's also a great chance that you wouldn't need that Ramires quality if you played Romeu. Ramires covers up the ground that Mikel doesn't. Romeu is a natural DM and has remarkable positioning on both sides. Either way, Ramires is not better than Lampard.

Yes, Ramires is better than Lampard. There is a reason this team is achieving and doing things far better than last season.
You don't have to be a Chelsea fan to be right about it, you just have to notice that Lampard doesn't really do a whole lot of anything you wrote anymore. He doesn't track back, cover ground and doesn't work that well off the team anymore. A lot of his passes are sideways and it often stagnates the offense.

I watch every Chelsea game, I've been a fan for I don't know how long, and my favorite players are Drogba and Lampard. If anyone is going to have an unbiased and fair opinion on him, its Chelsea fans. We want whats best for our team, and its not Lampard at the moment. He is fine as a game changer at times.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #2027
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Lampard still makes great passes and works hard, the only weakness is he doesn't have the legs to bomb up the field and ghost into the box every time, so this system they want him to be a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Scholes, and that's not really his game at all, he's an intelligent passer and great decision maker but not a creative playmaker who unlocks defenses.

Romeu should play more

I think right now Ramires is better than Lampard in this system.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #2028
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

My favorite team is currently ranked 2nd in Bundeliga right below Bayern Munich. Not too shabby for a team playing in a lower-level league just a few months from now.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #2029
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
My favorite team is currently ranked 2nd in Bundeliga right below Bayern Munich. Not too shabby for a team playing in a lower-level league just a few months from now.

Sebastian Rode and Takashi Inui have been boss so far.

Sebastian Rode has been remarkable for Frankfurt and should only get better unless more injuries hold him back. Great midfield talent.

He tore his right ACL at age 18.

Tottenham has been said to be interested as well as Dortmund. I don't believe the rumors about Bayern, already enough midfield talents. As the season goes on more and more clubs will knock on the door. Frankfurt's coach Armin Veh has already told his bosses that he will resign if they sell Sebastian Rode.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #2030
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #2031
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Tottenham has been said to be interested as well as Dortmund. I don't believe the rumors about Bayern, already enough midfield talents. As the season goes on more and more clubs will knock on the door. Frankfurt's coach Armin Veh has already told his bosses that he will resign if they sell Sebastian Rode.

As if Bayern ever cared that they're stacked at a position already. They just buy players to weaken their competition.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #2032
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Yes, Ramires is better than Lampard. There is a reason this team is achieving and doing things far better than last season.
You don't have to be a Chelsea fan to be right about it, you just have to notice that Lampard doesn't really do a whole lot of anything you wrote anymore. He doesn't track back, cover ground and doesn't work that well off the team anymore. A lot of his passes are sideways and it often stagnates the offense.

I watch every Chelsea game, I've been a fan for I don't know how long, and my favorite players are Drogba and Lampard. If anyone is going to have an unbiased and fair opinion on him, its Chelsea fans. We want whats best for our team, and its not Lampard at the moment. He is fine as a game changer at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Lampard still makes great passes and works hard, the only weakness is he doesn't have the legs to bomb up the field and ghost into the box every time, so this system they want him to be a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Scholes, and that's not really his game at all, he's an intelligent passer and great decision maker but not a creative playmaker who unlocks defenses.

Romeu should play more

I think right now Ramires is better than Lampard in this system.

This makes more sense than what plowking said.

But Lampard is the better player, by a longshot. What he does now is what he's always done. Lampard has never done anything noticeable other than score goals and rack up assists. He's got two penalties this year, has played 5 PL games, and has only started 3 of them.

Please. This guy does the same thing today he's always done and it's never noticeable, outside of stats. As I said, Ramires is better suited for this system only because of Mikel.

Lampard is the better player. He's been great so far this season, was terrific in the CL against Juventus. The team flows better with him there. If he was 28 and playing the way he's playing right now, no one would be saying any of this.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #2033
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Ramires was the best player on the field against Arsenal, hard to sit him when he plays like that in the center.

Mikel is a really good distributor, and breaks plays up. He's also amazing at keeping the ball. In big games vs big teams he always steps up his game. The problem with him in my eyes is in less important games against lower levels of competition he seems to not concentrate that much and often makes dumb mistakes, either lazily tracking back, or making a dumb lazy pass straight to the other team, or dicking around with the ball till he loses it in a dangerous position. But he never does mistakes like that in important games, he just needs to focus up. Also for Nigeria where he is the main playmaker and plays further forward like an advanced playmaker he looks great, he's really creative and so strong and has such good touch he keeps the ball really well. He just has to get his head straight against shitty teams, he's still only 25.

Last edited by Nick Young : 10-01-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #2034
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Ramires was the best player on the field against Arsenal, hard to sit him when he plays like that in the center.

Mikel is a really good distributor, and breaks plays up. He's also amazing at keeping the ball. In big games vs big teams he always steps up his game. The problem with him in my eyes is in less important games against lower levels of competition he seems to not concentrate that much and often makes dumb mistakes, either lazily tracking back, or making a dumb lazy pass straight to the other team, or dicking around with the ball till he loses it in a dangerous position. But he never does mistakes like that in important games, he just needs to focus up. Also for Nigeria where he is the main playmaker and plays further forward like an advanced playmaker he looks great, he's really creative and so strong and has such good touch he keeps the ball really well. He just has to get his head straight against shitty teams, he's still only 25.

That's all true. For Nigeria, he plays more advanced, in his actual position.

He's not Pirlo (and Lampard certainly isn't either). If Chelsea stack their midfield and play less open, he's better than he is in this sytem. For all the talk of Ramires being better suited than Lampard for this system, there seems to be very little about Mikel. People will bag on him because they don't think he's good, but the issue is what kind of player he is and what the system is asking of him. He'd be good in the middle at United. Probably even at Arsenal, as their midfield is more clogged in the center.

Chelsea are playing with a lot of space. I think Romeu is better anyway, tho it's hard for me to justify that statement when he never plays at all. More than anything, it's a waste of a truly great player, who is still a truly great player. He's always shown up for every big game, and is the single most consisent player in the world. It's stupid.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #2035
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
That's all true. For Nigeria, he plays more advanced, in his actual position.

He's not Pirlo (and Lampard certainly isn't either). If Chelsea stack their midfield and play less open, he's better than he is in this sytem. For all the talk of Ramires being better suited than Lampard for this system, there seems to be very little about Mikel. People will bag on him because they don't think he's good, but the issue is what kind of player he is and what the system is asking of him. He'd be good in the middle at United. Probably even at Arsenal, as their midfield is more clogged in the center.

Chelsea are playing with a lot of space. I think Romeu is better anyway, tho it's hard for me to justify that statement when he never plays at all. More than anything, it's a waste of a truly great player, who is still a truly great player. He's always shown up for every big game, and is the single most consisent player in the world. It's stupid.

I think Romeu is amazing too, all I know is if he's not playing it's for a reason, it must be Di Matteo wants him to work harder in training, because Di Matteo has shown he isn't afraid to bench the old guys like Cole and Lamps, I think Romeu will show up around December in the first team more, Mikel can't play every match and by selling Merieles and letting Essien go to Madrid shows di matteo has faith in Romeu
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #2036
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tc8qwCZBZQ

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #2037
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
pretty smart move for a teenager if you ask me
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #2038
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
The cheating flowed through his blood from a young age.

D'Allessandro, wow what a player, I was live witness to this gem of his, it was so ridiculous in real life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfkWrA06HQ

years and years ago, before scumbags like Fabregas and Messi and Sergio started cheating their way to victories.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #2039
Jasi
Quality?

Awesome goal by Miccoli in Palermo-Chievo
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #2040
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Football manager update:

2018-2019, Red Star Belgrade
Currently have won the Champions League 3 times in a row.

Uros Cosic, Aleksander Kolorov, Nemanja Matic, Filip Jankovic and Sergio Canales are the stars of the team. I have recently perfected a 0-10-0
Also some African regen superstars and one Turkish regen who is basically Zidane.

------------------------GK-----------------------
--------------------------------------------------
----CM---Deep Lying Playmaker--CM--------
AP----AM-------Treq------Inside Forward---AP
W-----------------------------------------------W
AP=Advanced playmaker
AM=attacking midfielder

formation, with Sergio Canales as the trequartista. We beat Leverkusen the first leg away 5-4. Dunno why Madrid wanted to sell Canales, but he's a beast. What a sick game

Last edited by Nick Young : 10-02-2012 at 10:23 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: